Sign in to follow this  
Red Castle Games

[Portland, OR] Red Castle's 2019 Armada Prime Live Blog

Red Castle Games' 2019 Armada Prime Championship is today!

I'm going to be live blogging the event with pics and fleet lists (as best I can), so come back for updates throughout the day. First up, let's start with our custom-made trophy. FFG didn't include a trophy in this year's OP kit so we made our own!

93htN7U.jpg?1

And as is our tradition at Red Castle for special events, we've got an Armada cake for that second-round sugar hit!

PjyuSsb.jpg?2

Lastly, we have our prize table! I've added some other goodies to the kit, plus we have a special "Anakin" prize for last place, a prize for best painted fleet and best costume. In addition, we're raffling off $200 in store credit throughout the day so someone may be going with with a new Starhawk or Onager!

b0KHNAn.jpg?1

Here's our list of Commanders. Piett is the most popular, followed by Garm and Dodonna. It's good to see such venerable Rebel commanders are still being taken in large numbers. We've also got some fun outliers in Leia (my favorite), Mothma, Madine and Sato.  All in all, a great mix of commanders!

REBELS (16)

Admiral Ackbar x2

Admiral Raddus x3

Commander Sato x1

Garm bel Iblis x3

General Dodonna x3

General Madine x1

General Rieekan x1

Leia Organa x1

Mon Mothma x1

IMPERIALS (10)

Admiral Motti x2

Admiral Piett x4

Admiral Screed x1

Admiral Sloane x1

Admiral Thrawn x1

Moff Jerjerrod x1

36 minutes ago, Red Castle Games said:

Red Castle Games' 2019 Armada Prime Championship is today!

I'm going to be live blogging the event with pics and fleet lists (as best I can), so come back for updates throughout the day. First up, let's start with our custom-made trophy. FFG didn't include a trophy in this year's OP kit so we made our own!

93htN7U.jpg?1

And as is our tradition at Red Castle for special events, we've got an Armada cake for that second-round sugar hit!

PjyuSsb.jpg?2

Lastly, we have our prize table! I've added some other goodies to the kit, plus we have a special "Anakin" prize for last place, a prize for best painted fleet and best costume. In addition, we're raffling off $200 in store credit throughout the day so someone may be going with with a new Starhawk or Onager!

b0KHNAn.jpg?1

Holy cow.  Next time I make the drive down there, this is most impressive.  Hope the event is a blast for all participants!

6 minutes ago, The Jabbawookie said:

Holy cow.  Next time I make the drive down there, this is most impressive.  Hope the event is a blast for all participants!

Thanks! This is my favorite event that we host each year, so I try to go all out in support of the PNW Armada community.  It's a sold out show today with 26 players.

TURN 1 RECAP
We had x4 10-1s with a Dodonna MC75 Norra bomber swarm, Piett SSD Ravager, Garm Liberty/Pelta combo and Piett ISD/VSD fleet taking top honors. Raddus, Piett, Garm and Dodonna round out the top 8.

Most of the scores were big wins, with just x4 7-4s and a single 6-5.

Another Salvage Run game, this time between Admiral Screed and General Rieekan.

Z8EaYvB.jpg?1

A turn-2 brawl!

MAeyUGn.jpg?1

Demolisher goes down.

MMoW5ZD.jpg?1

Admonition makes a run for it but flies off the board!

dfFwCcL.jpg?1

The Rebels win the day, but just barely!  It's a 6-5 victory.

scyVfgr.jpg?1

Edited by Red Castle Games

TURN 2 RECAP
We had x3 10-1s and x3 9-2s.  The Dodonna MC75 Norra bomber swarm leads the pack with 20 points, followed by another Dodonna MC80/Pelta bomber list at 18, and then a pair of Garm bel Iblis lists with 17 points each.  The 2 Garm lists are very similar. One has a Liberty, Pelta, Yavaris and CR90A with Jan and Biggs, while the other has an MC-75, Yavaris, Jan, Biggs and Scurrgs.

This round was much closer with a total of x5 6-5s, one of which was separated by only 8 points (267-259).

For round 3 it's Dodonna vs Dodonna and Garm vs Garm!

Top table for round 3: Dodonna vs Dodonna playing Fighter Ambush

oVao8zQ.jpg?1

Table 2 for round 3: Garm vs Garm playing Superior Positions

mKVckrv.jpg?1

Piett ISD/Interdictor vs Sloane Quasar Fire/Gladiator playing Rift Ambush. Piett used Grav Shift Reroute and Admiral Titus to really put Sloane's fleet in a tough spot on turn 1.

cazVYi8.jpg?1

dpVzoaU.jpg?1