Sign in to follow this  
Nheko

BTA-NR2 Y-Wing

Guys what modifications can I do to the BTL-A4/BTL-S3 Y-Wing from AoR, in order to represent the new BTA-NR2 Y-Wing from Rise of Skywalker?

Maybe a point in shields? A point of armor? Faster?

Edited by Nheko

wookiepedia (by visual dictionnary source) says it only has 50 km/H and 10 MGLT over the previous Y-wing, not enough to upgrade speed (it's tie bomber level)

armor isn't mentionned, only sensors, shields and control upgrades. Maybe upgrade the defense on 1 side (would make sense for a relatively slow bomber) or maneuvrability (which was the what Y-wing pilots traditionally complained about, not being able to dogfight effectively vs dedicated fighters) or sensor/coms (the less useful in theory)

So a +1 in handling sounds cool, I will pick that.

Will it be too much increasing the defense on both sides  in addition to the increased handling?

The visual dictionary specified that “the basic layout and functionality... has remained unchanged... stronger deflector shields help make up for its average maneuverability...” This would seem to assert that the handling should remain the same, but also confirms improvement in the shields.

There is a long-range sensor array in the fluff, so improved sensors might be an available option.

16 hours ago, Edgehawk said:

The visual dictionary specified that “the basic layout and functionality... has remained unchanged... stronger deflector shields help make up for its average maneuverability...” This would seem to assert that the handling should remain the same, but also confirms improvement in the shields.

There is a long-range sensor array in the fluff, so improved sensors might be an available option.

Thanks, I removed the +1 handling and  I will add just one side +1 Defense.