Sign in to follow this  
Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun

Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun’s Legion Off Topic But Very Much Star Wars Thread

11 minutes ago, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

cnj368r96rw41.jpg

One day I would love to see Darth Revan in Legion.

Only if they leave all the cringe fanboi crap out and actually bring him as Darth Revan.  That's my biggest fear for the upcoming "high republic" era stuff. If they rewrite Revan's story  into the canon it'll be another 20 years of fake "grey jedi" codes and cringeworthy revan idolization. 

I just read a pretty interesting, though old (2013), article on Ars Technica. Basically it laid out that redoing the OT is not a technological problem like Lucasfilm has said. However, until 2020, it would be in breach of Fox's distribution rights. Hence, why D+ made yet more tweaks. They couldn't distribute older versions, and even after 2020, won't be able to do ANH without buying rights from 20th Century Fox because it owns that one in perpetuity.

8 hours ago, AllWingsStandyingBy said:

But doesn't Disney own 20th Century Fox outright now?

Apparently. That happened a few years after the article. Which also implied that the cost of making an original version would be under a million dollars. So maybe Disney will get around to it. They just want money, and it'll sell. So. Yeah.

Shadows of the Empire Soundtrack to be released on Vinyl

Full Story

Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire was a multimedia project release by Lucasfilm Ltd. in 1996.    A host of products were released, including a novel, comic series, video game, trading cards, soundtrack, and various toy lines.  The story is an Interquel between the films Star Wars: Episode V The Empire Strikes Back and Star Wars: Episode VI Return of the Jedi.

1 minute ago, buckero0 said:

Wasn't there a back story about Dengar's first injuries where he was nursed back to health by a friendly tribe of Ewoks?

Not that I know of. However Sharkbelly remembers the Ewok Adventures tv show. In which, for some reason, the Ewoks battle cry was “Dengar, ewoks”.

On 5/4/2020 at 12:40 PM, Imperial Advisor Arem Heshvaun said:

cnj368r96rw41.jpg

One day I would love to see Darth Revan in Legion.

Just finished all the Legends comics for Knights of the Old Republic with good ol' boy Zayne Carrick at the head, and the start of the Mandalorian wars. It also has Revan putting on his mask for the first time and Malak raising his army of Jedi to join the Mandalorian wars. They are some of my favorite Star Wars stories so far. 

I think the Old Republic with the Republic, Sith, and Mandalorians would make awesome Legion entries. 

2 hours ago, TauntaunScout said:

Not that I know of. However Sharkbelly remembers the Ewok Adventures tv show. In which, for some reason, the Ewoks battle cry was “Dengar, ewoks”.

I was just joking. I think there was a Twilek that helped him named Manaroo. That's the only story I remember. 

I remember seeing 2 ewok movies (Caravan something and another one) at a birthday party once or something. 

Droids was the only other visual media I remember from that time. Everything else was books and comics.

10 minutes ago, buckero0 said:

I was just joking. I think there was a Twilek that helped him named Manaroo. That's the only story I remember. 

Manaroo was actually Attanni, not Twilek. I only know that because of X-wing and the infamous Attanni Mindlink of 1.0

4 hours ago, Sekac said:

Manaroo was actually Attanni, not Twilek. I only know that because of X-wing and the infamous Attanni Mindlink of 1.0

I stand corrected. I haven't read those stories in forever.