Yoritomo Iashi

Support of <clan> Roles Question

Hey all! I was wondering what people would think if FFG made it so that if you were Support of Phoenix, you could use Tadaka 2 in your non-crab/phoenix deck. 

This would make the support of roles more interesting to use, and add some opportunities for more deck options in the future.

It was dumb in the original game when you could just start including any clans from outside your chosen clan in your deck. Defeats the whole purpose of having a clan identity in the first place. Adding a third clan just goes right back to people demanding they can use whatever cards they want in decks.

@Hyperjayman

1) Clan discount. Later out-of-clan tax. Honor requirements. Loyal. 

2) In reality there were few impactful personalities in every edition that people sometimes included in their decks. Ther're many ways to rationalize this. Same in RPG - nearly every group is made of samurais of various clan. If you want to pay and risk your resources to hire/bribe/convince someone of other clan - go ahead. The ends justify the means. 

3) And isn't also dumb for you that in LCG you can "borrow" out-of-theme Conflict Characters from other Clans, lol. 

Edited by kempy

I would like to see some ways to have little a dynasty splash, as a treat. Maybe the coat of the card equals it's influence cost, for example? Just curious what happens if we do that! 

On 2/21/2020 at 6:44 PM, JJ48 said:

Maybe make specific Dynasty characters who are clan-specific, but can join certain other clans for some cost, or perhaps dual-clan characters?

Dual clan character is very rare, I only remember 2 in old5R Yasuki Hachi and Doji/Hitomi Reju.

What this game needs are neutral cards. And a good playtest.

About support of clans I suggest make a possible addition to keeper/seeker role (an add-on) and count for story choices

4 hours ago, Daigotsu Arashi said:

Dual clan character is very rare, I only remember 2 in old5R Yasuki Hachi and Doji/Hitomi Reju.

What this game needs are neutral cards. And a good playtest.

About support of clans I suggest make a possible addition to keeper/seeker role (an add-on) and count for story choices

Well there were a bunch of Hitomi who started in other clans.  However there were a number of other instances where it happened.  Doji Chomei was both Crane and Yoritomo's Alliance (although they weren't a great clan at the time so its not exactly the same) and there were plenty of characters who were both Toturi's Army and part of another faction.  Later in the timeline we also had a series of Spider Infiltrators in various families.