RogueCommander

Leaning Starhawks

Shaky as a wet dog! And it has a tendency to nose forward a bit but that can be corrected by readjusting the ship on the peg. So all in all, no real complaints.

My SSD was so shaky that I ended up mounting it on Medium pegs. I don’t think that’s possible with the Starhawk though since it’s so tall.

16 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

Shaky as a wet dog! And it has a tendency to nose forward a bit but that can be corrected by readjusting the ship on the peg. So all in all, no real complaints.

My SSD was so shaky that I ended up mounting it on Medium pegs. I don’t think that’s possible with the Starhawk though since it’s so tall.

Tear a small strip of paper off and put it on the tip of the peg when you insert it into the slot. The ship should hold nice and snug. 

It'll still wobble being top heavy an' all, but it shouldn't dip forward anymore. 

On 2/5/2020 at 9:25 PM, Rmcarrier1 said:

It fits, if you don't mind its chin barely touching the base.

My problem was that the slot in the base it came with was too tight for the stand, and there was excess plastic that meant even forcing it won't work until I can file it off.

On 2/6/2020 at 1:57 PM, Darth Sanguis said:

Tear a small strip of paper off and put it on the tip of the peg when you insert it into the slot. The ship should hold nice and snug. 

It'll still wobble being top heavy an' all, but it shouldn't dip forward anymore. 

Resurrecting an old thread but I just got my starhawk not to long ago and this was a good idea.

I did exactly what you said and put a strip of paper on the peg... much more stable and the ship feels nice and tight.

18 minutes ago, Wulfrain said:

Resurrecting an old thread but I just got my starhawk not to long ago and this was a good idea.

I did exactly what you said and put a strip of paper on the peg... much more stable and the ship feels nice and tight.

Yup yup. 

BTW this works for all ships except the smalls with pegs. 

Having clocked between 200-250 games since I picked up my wave 2 stuff, many of may early ships have worn in enough to be loose on the contact points. My ISDs have seen a TON of wear. 

Yeah. I’m going to try to work out a new peg for the hawk. One with a cross shaped cross section to be more stable so that I can also move it back a bit and up. 

Hawks tend to nose forward for our stands.