Estarriol

UK System open

I wish everyone the absolute best of fortune on their journeys home. We left at lunch today, much afeared of the storm disruption. Car journey back to Kent was ok, so hoping things run as smoothly for those of you heading to all parts.

Top wknd with the very, very many friends I've made through this game. Super pleased to have shared good times with all the people I've run into for the 1st time as well. The fly casual attitude was at the forefront of all my games and every one of them was an absolute pleasure.

3-3 on day 1 with my Skull Hunters. Something I'm more than happy to come away with. Getting the 4-2 would have well exceeded my expectations, but game 6 just flat out refused me! I'd have been absolutely over the moon, if it had played out evenly and got me there. Another of my losses was to a local I play very regularly. I've had a slight edge recentlly, so it was a great win to (unintentionally) hand over, with both of us on 2-0. Gave us all a big laugh, talking about it :D

Only a couple today. 1-1, not that any of us cared which way they went. Considering how completely obnoxious my list was, they turned put to be 2 of the most fun and friendly games I played all wknd. Great testament to the spirit of things.

Pew Pew!!

Edited by Cuz05

Went 2-4 in the main event, and 0-5 in the Extended event on day 2. Awesome weekend all around as it was my first major tournament. Placing 338 out of 486 is way more than I was expecting from the main event, and my extended list was aimed at trying things and having fun (generic YT2400, new VCX, and Miranda with Hotshot and Jyn).

Well done to all, and hopefully I'll see most of you at the next one.

28 minutes ago, Surak said:

Went 2-4 in the main event, and 0-5 in the Extended event on day 2. Awesome weekend all around as it was my first major tournament. Placing 338 out of 486 is way more than I was expecting from the main event, and my extended list was aimed at trying things and having fun (generic YT2400, new VCX, and Miranda with Hotshot and Jyn).

Well done to all, and hopefully I'll see most of you at the next one.

I was your last game today (Thanks), hope your event in 2 weeks goes well.

40 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

I was your last game today (Thanks), hope your event in 2 weeks goes well.

Always good to put a face to a name. Thanks for the game (and to all my opponents), I apologise if I wasn't making much sense by the end of it, I didn't realise how fried I was until I attempted to order dinner after the event.

Hopefully the Kamino Open is a success, it's a worthwhile charity we are supporting (brain tumor charity)

20 minutes ago, Porkchop Express said:

4-2 with Rebels, my best SOS finish, despite taking Rebels, arguably the weakest faction in the Hyperspace format.

Very nice!

I believe that I am contractually obliged to ask: did your list include Dutch Vander? With Proton Torpedoes, he only costs 53pts, so fits in almost any Rebel list.

10 minutes ago, AceDogbert said:

Very nice!

I believe that I am contractually obliged to ask: did your list include Dutch Vander? With Proton Torpedoes, he only costs 53pts, so fits in almost any Rebel list.

No. But my feeback/experience from the event would be that if you insist on flying Rebels in Hyperspace, the best value pilots to build around are Ten, Dutch, Thane and Braylen. Jake works better in extended, and Luke is overcosted for what he does by a couple of points I feel.

I didn't see enough of them to comment, but I would guess Porkins and Garven would do well in this type of event too!

I won 5 games out of 6 the first day, after losing the very first. Very hard to make second day, but after achieving it only lost to Jose María Húngaro in semifinals. Very happy, since he's Spanish like I am.

I flew Vonreg for the first time, and top 4 is a result I'm very happy with. The tray is just amazing, and kind of outclasses the "Best First Order" tray from the European Championship.

Supercool tournament, and supercool people -organizers and assistants- in the event. I can't wait for next S.O.S!

1 hour ago, Nynox said:

I won 5 games out of 6 the first day, after losing the very first. Very hard to make second day, but after achieving it only lost to Jose María Húngaro in semifinals. Very happy, since he's Spanish like I am.

I flew Vonreg for the first time, and top 4 is a result I'm very happy with. The tray is just amazing, and kind of outclasses the "Best First Order" tray from the European Championship.

Supercool tournament, and supercool people -organizers and assistants- in the event. I can't wait for next S.O.S!

So you were the guy flying outmaneuver/DPC vonreg right? How often did you get to attack with him vs running away the whole time? Every game I've tried the opponent immediately tries to put all guns onto vonreg since they can't let him flank, and I end up having to run away the whole time to avoid getting blocked/killboxed

Yes, I'm Nino -or Antonio Veiga, as you please-. Usually, the baron never run directly into the first engagement unless I'm blocking his angle. The TIEs did, so they start a fray and the next turn is usually Vonreg's moment. He's good, but not Kylo good. That punishes harshly those who turn the whole list towards him only to find he's not there anymore.

In the other hand, he won many games hitting out of enemies arcs. Take him as Soontir, he usually gets to shoot only three times every game, make those 3 shots matter.

Don't get tricked, the real heros of the list are actually the SFs.

1 hour ago, Nynox said:

Yes, I'm Nino -or Antonio Veiga, as you please-. Usually, the baron never run directly into the first engagement unless I'm blocking his angle. The TIEs did, so they start a fray and the next turn is usually Vonreg's moment. He's good, but not Kylo good. That punishes harshly those who turn the whole list towards him only to find he's not there anymore.

In the other hand, he won many games hitting out of enemies arcs. Take him as Soontir, he usually gets to shoot only three times every game, make those 3 shots matter.

Don't get tricked, the real heros of the list are actually the SFs.

Vonreg instead of Kylo because of Boba and i5's? Did you face Boba and was Vonreg actual good in that fight where Kylo could get wrecked? Was Vonregs ability ever useful, or just consider him like Kylo and just i6 with no ability?

Im looking at Holo with proud tradition and 4 SFs with Adv Optics. But I may use a naked Vonreg for Boba matchups. Have not tried that particular matchup, yet.

Well, there is a good reason why Vonreg costs only 3 points over Holo. You're paying the 6, his ability is pretty underwhelming. When useful, the best thing to do was depleting. I took good advantage of this during my game against the 4 jumpmasters.

Boba usually runs slave 1, and Kylo suffers a lot against him when you have the init, thats why Vonreg was better in that particular matchup. Also, outmaneuver against a heavily modified defense is pretty effective.

The (limited) double reposition 6 was pretty good in a meta without Soontir or Wedge, and the bid of 5 points was usually ok to let Rivas block swarms.