Estarriol

UK System open

Ahoy, forum dwellers! The premier x wing event in the world deserves it's own forum thread I feel. Who's going? Which faction are you repping? Predictions for what's going to win. Post it here!

I'm bringing scum for both the main event and the extended losers tournament,  cos I know I'm not in the running for the final :) I'm also bringing a Gunboat for Aces High purposes because they are without doubt the coolest ship in the game.

Predictions for the win is tricky, the hyperspace meta is so new. In my opinion swarms are so prevalent and efficient that it's hard to imagine that there won't be a culture swarm in the finals. Fangs will be all, around us too, and I expect to see both quad fearless and Fenn plus Zealots everywhere.

Anyway, feel free to say hi if you see me, the long haired blonde in the Order 1066 tee should be hard to miss.

12 minutes ago, Estarriol said:

Predictions for the win is tricky, the hyperspace meta is so new. In my opinion swarms are so prevalent and efficient that it's hard to imagine that there won't be a culture swarm in the finals. Fangs will be all, around us too, and I expect to see both quad fearless and Fenn plus Zealots everywhere.

I vote we start calling Sear Swarm  "Boy George and the Vulture Club."

Also, I'm Old.

I'll be there with my mate. I'm running Plo/Matchstick/Wolffe/Squad Seven Vet on the Saturday, Vonreg/Quickdraw/Midnight/Null on Sunday.

Only been playing Republic since the points change lol So in some ways I feel very underprepared, but in others I think I'm good, as I have no attatchment to 7B or Sinker or Torrents yet. CLT seems great to me and my playstyle.

Not managed to get to an Open for ages, so I cannot wait! My fav X-Wing event every year.

I'll be there with quad T-70s (Temmin/Kare/Expert/Expert). I was considering Kazuda in place of one of the generics but I won't have a Fireball until the day of the competition and it seems like it'll have a learning curve.

I think this is the first time I've ever taken a squad that isn't Empire or First Order to a major tournament, but I've decided to roll with new-hyperspace blocking off the familiar comfort zones.

I'm just going to run that same squad on day 2's qualifier instead of a separate extended list. That's probably a sub-optimal choice but since the points changes I've not been looking at extended squad building much.

I'm running Avenger +4 Zeta SFs. I've packed Holo as well, so I can run Holo + 4 Zetas if I feel particularly daring on the Sunday (I too don't see myself making the cut).

Still need to decide what the **** to pack for Aces High.

I also have a cold.

Predictions:

1. The final table will be FO vs Scum, 5 vs 7-8 ships (not sure which is which)
  2. Republic will make the cut despite being underrepresented.
  3. Imp Aces and Boba/Fenn will be overrepresented and won't do that well.
  4. Extended will be taken by a list no one has talked about beforehand, my money's on some Empire Ace + Miniswarm or TIE Salad.
  5. Everyone will have a lot of fun and talk about how incredible the state of X-Wing is in 2nd edition (yes, even extended).
Edited by ClassicalMoser

In! Packing much Scum.

And if I fail hard and early, I'll be unpacking them in random combinations, any time, anywhere. If you find me in that state, just tell me what you fancy flying against :D

I expect Boba and Fenn on the final table. But probably not on the same team. In any case, there will be Fangs. Many Fangs. Everywhere.

Bringing Resistance A-Wings, may not play at all on day 2 depending on how I feel.

Was bringing Imperial Aces until the points change so I don't expect to do very well. Just treating it as 6 practice games in a fun convention really.

I still haven't physically seen some of the new releases, so should be interesting!

Went 5-1 in the main event, proceeded to lose my first elimination round (oh well, not bad for a first event). 

Decided to give the qualifiers a pass, played an Aces High pod, AND NOW THE HALL IS IN DARKNESS.

Edit: And the light has returned.

Managed to get a full set of the Inferno Squadron punches & pilot cards, as well as a damage deck, due to my hard 'work' and generosity from friends and strangers (one of my Aces podmates gave me four tickets as he had everything he wanted).

Edited by AceDogbert

2 hours ago, Ebak said:

2-4

Given that I've only flown the list I was using in only one match I was pretty happy with that!

2-4 For me too, Though I hadn't flown First order at in 2nd ed so...

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Anyone have the cut list?

Final (Just about to finish) is Kos-Boba Vs (I think) Obi, Ric and 2 Generic Arc's

I know there was a Fo Cadet swarm in the top 8 which was flown by someone that had only two games with more than 4 ships previously (Ie, NO previous swarm experience)

Edited by Shockwave