Sign in to follow this  
Blail Blerg

Things are bad cuz they're currently costed bad/willy-nilly - A depressing thought

Yes, they will get better. but for at least the next 6 months if not a year, it can be truly a waste of time to play certain pilots. 

i want utopia and i want it now! 

---

Really interesting from a game design perspective too though. This method places a lot of trust on people to not get bitter feelings about being sucked into wasting time. 

Its immediately obvious in 2 games or so that certain things are just so out of bounds and not priced with any sort of guiding loose heuristic

25 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

More extended

Well there's your problem right there! 😁

Doctors recommend you first purge the system with a heavy dose of Epic, just get it all out. Then a routine regimen of 1 to 10 games of Hyperspace a week, as able. And daily Hyperspace List building exercises. Will have to right as rain in no time!

Remember: Less, is More! 😎🤗

Edited by ForceSensitive

Honestly the last season of Extended was more balanced and healthy than any of our previous seasons. The Spring 2020 season is basically the same season only with more generics and two new ships and playable Jumpmasters.

Hyperspace is an even better version with many of the stronger options removed from the game.

While I'm not 100% happy about the new swarmy nature of the new season, it doesn't seem like most of the game is in a bad place.

7 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Yes, they will get better. but for at least the next 6 months if not a year, it can be truly a waste of time to play certain pilots. 

i want utopia and i want it now! 

---

Really interesting from a game design perspective too though. This method places a lot of trust on people to not get bitter feelings about being sucked into wasting time. 

Its immediately obvious in 2 games or so that certain things are just so out of bounds and not priced with any sort of guiding loose heuristic

just as an exercise, what pilot do you feel are unplayable right now or unbearably bad?

And then we can search for how to make them better / in what sort of context they could shine?

I personally feel that, in my faction (FO), no pilot truly has no place and is unplayable. Some are maybe more fun and slightly better than others, or some aren't my style of play, but most of all can probably be played to success.

13 minutes ago, KettchGER said:

You guys really think current Hyperspace is well balanced? 😯

I'd say we don't know yet, but we have reason to believe it will be. Maybe not Scum.

Well balanced to me means that many (>14) lists from most or even all factions can seriously compete in the meta, and that player skill is more important than list building.

44 minutes ago, KettchGER said:

I think Hyperspace-Meta will manifest next weekend during/after UK System Open. 

My prediction for the most played ships:

Resistance A-Wings

TIE-S/Fs

M3As

Boba Fenn will take some stopping.

Not sure A-Wings or /sfs can cut it.  Scyks might.

2 minutes ago, Stay OT Leader said:

Boba Fenn will take some stopping.

Not sure A-Wings or /sfs can cut it.  Scyks might.

If after all these years we get tough little Scyks and playable, non-OP Jumps, even though FFG finally broke (back) down the wall around 6x 3-attack dice ships, and without leaning onto some OP auto-include upgrade du jour...

...Like, isn’t that kinda the 1.0 dream? Which we’re living, right now? Everything’s playable, and nothing’s so obscene that you can’t get by?

9 minutes ago, Greedo_Sharpshooter said:

im actually thinking of buying one. i know right and im a scum player and dont have one yet. firts time since 2.0 dropped that im wanting to fly one.

Bought a sixth in the fall. When I purged my scum ships to just fun to fly ships, Scyks were amoung the very few I kept. They were overpriced, but that dial is just fun for the speed variance. Highly recommend taking one for a spin and see what you think. If you got a conversion kit, take the cardboard to a casual night and just fly the heck out of it before you decide to buy.

I don't believe a Scyk swarm is necessarily good, but one or two don't seem a bad idea to fill out a list.

I have very little interest in "competitive" X-wing right now so I'm just flying janky rubics cubes of lists to try different combos. so I'm playing pretty much only extended. It's been a lot more fun!

Like... taking Cassian, adding K2SO crew, and adding Braylen/Ten Numb with double tapping.

Or 6 die Shara Bey (since 6 die is max) with a combo of trickshot/Jan Ors/and Saw crew. odly you can back that up with Wedge.