Sign in to follow this  
Soakman

Looking for any interested playtesters

Good morning friends and fellow Arkham-ites.

I am currently developing a 4 or 5 scenario long fan-made campaign titled In Darkest Pits. The first scenario, The Initiation, is just about ready for some serious playtesting, and I'm hoping a few of you with time on your hands may be interested. It's all for fun and love of the game, I'm not advertising an actual job posting with compensation or anything just to be clear.

The first scenario sees you or a group of investigators attempting to complete an initiation in order to infiltrate the silver twilight lodge, gain the trust of Carl Sanford, and find out just what they're up to this time.

I'm doing one more preliminary run-through today, and then should have a fairly playable scenario ready for anyone interested. Note that I'm interested in feedback to make the scenario more fun and/or challenging if needed without drastically changing its primary mechanics. While I always play at a 3 player count or so, I suppose it should still be playable with a lower player count. Because of the way the acts are constructed, lower player counts could be less fun or simply too easy. 

If you're interested in playtesting this scenario, just post or pm me, and I can send you a link to a copy of the print files to print and play. If you're just looking for a new scenario to play, I would advise to wait for it to be completed and released on BGG and (hopefully) Arkham Central for the best experience. Particularly if you enjoy blind playthroughs.

Thanks in advance to anyone who thinks they might have the time to give it a whirl.

It may take me a day or two to get the files to you and there's not time-limit or anything to complete as many playthroughs as you would like. Any feedback is helpful.

Edited by Soakman

hi hi @Soakman, good for you designing not one but four to five scenarios! that is quite some effort. Big kudos! 

My initial question is: will you also add the files to tabletop simulator? I'm not a huge fan of playing on there, *but* I believe for testing it's quite a useful space to try out a new scenario, as tweaks can be added swiftly with relative ease (as opposed to printing and playing cards and then needing to add amendments / changes if something changes in testing). Just wondered if it was an avenue you were exploring. 

I'm certainly interested in testing but not sure if I really have the time for it. I'd also happily look at the encounter sets to see if I can see anything glaringly obvious missing (although it does sound as if you've put in several run-throughs to check the scenario functions). 

F

6 hours ago, zooeyglass said:

hi hi @Soakman, good for you designing not one but four to five scenarios! that is quite some effort. Big kudos! 

My initial question is: will you also add the files to tabletop simulator? I'm not a huge fan of playing on there, *but* I believe for testing it's quite a useful space to try out a new scenario, as tweaks can be added swiftly with relative ease (as opposed to printing and playing cards and then needing to add amendments / changes if something changes in testing). Just wondered if it was an avenue you were exploring. 

I'm certainly interested in testing but not sure if I really have the time for it. I'd also happily look at the encounter sets to see if I can see anything glaringly obvious missing (although it does sound as if you've put in several run-throughs to check the scenario functions). 

F

Thanks! I unfortunately do not have TTS, but I believe in order to create the scenario in TTS, all somebody needs are the individual images of each card and the number used in each encounter set. I can easily provide those if someone prefers TTS but I do not have the software myself. I may look into trying it out though. Making a full campaign, it would probably be worth the minimal investment to let players play more easily. For the time being, it is just print/play.

I can send you the link to the files if you'd like to take a look. I've recently found just some small issues with wording on some locations that I missed, but am waiting until I have some feedback before altering everything so it is easier to keep track of the changes. I'd love for you to take a look when and if you have time so I'll pm you the print files, but there's no obligation. If I do end up getting it into TTS, I'll let you know.

Edit: I have a feeling player count is going to vastly affect scenario balance too and I kind of have the feeling most TTS is used by solo operators. I want to discourage people from testing only solo or dual hand games only if possible. I need feedback at all player counts ideally.

Edited by Soakman