UnitOmega

New Product Announcement 2/11

6 hours ago, Ralgon said:

To Flip side of that though iirc they were supposed to be shortening the "hype window" in response to community feedback (sure I remember Mr Pena commenting on it in the fb groups). Sooo there's that, but like others I'm not expecting much

Well, unless we're in for another drop of four to six expansions in February or March, the currently announced product represents three months worth of releases. So the first batch of however many units, terrain, and/or paints are announced is likely to be intended for three month away, which is the same "hype window" as many of the previous products that seem to have released on time (according to the announced dates/releases on the wiki for stuff like Palpatine, Leia, and a few others I don't recall being delayed). 

If I recall correctly, part of the reason people wanted the hype window shortened was so announcements came at such a time that the majority of delays had already been delt with. A three month lead window strikes me as well before production has actually begun, meaning all sorts of delays are still possible. 

Edited by Caimheul1313

10 hours ago, TalkPolite said:

May-June

how many months late are Luke and Vader at this point. I'm not even counting all the other delays we've had. I'm not mad i started in Armada. 

just not a fan of half a year + in-between announcement and release. 

don't get me won't though I'm not asking for exact dates. the miss quarters sometimes

I'm trying to think if they hit even one of the recent release months they gave to discord a while back.

rex and dooku were a nice surprise though. geeze could you imagine if we hadn't had that come early!

4 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Well, unless we're in for another drop of four to six expansions in February or March, the currently announced product represents three months worth of releases. So the first batch of however many units, terrain, and/or paints are announced is likely to be intended for three month away, which is the same "hype window" as many of the previous products that seem to have released on time (according to the announced dates/releases on the wiki for stuff like Palpatine, Leia, and a few others I don't recall being delayed). 

If I recall correctly, part of the reason people wanted the hype window shortened was so announcements came at such a time that the majority of delays had already been felt with. A three month lead window strikes me as well before production has actually begun, meaning all sorts of delays are still possible. 

it's more of the hype dies down considerably but the time something actually releases. which is a detriment to the game. I'm not saying it kills the game or anything but it is a detriment.

4 minutes ago, Tirion said:

it's more of the hype dies down considerably but the time something actually releases. which is a detriment to the game. I'm not saying it kills the game or anything but it is a detriment.

I admit that's part of it too, but some of the reason for such HUGE lead times was/is product delays. It was bad at the start, with three month lead times, then became really bad with the current crop of products (Luke and Vader were announced on July 19, 2019, upgrade packs on August 6, 2019, and the tanks and second corps units were announced August 1, 2019). Part of the reason for the 5-6 month lead times on the GCW releases and the upgrades were some kind of product delay, since all were slated for Q4 (as was the Bunker).

So announcing closer to actual release than 3-4 months would have a double purpose: keep people excited, and increase the likelihood of the release hitting the three month window FFG gives themselves.

2 hours ago, Tirion said:

how many months late are Luke and Vader at this point. I'm not even counting all the other delays we've had. I'm not mad i started in Armada. 

just not a fan of half a year + in-between announcement and release. 

don't get me won't though I'm not asking for exact dates. the miss quarters sometimes

I'm trying to think if they hit even one of the recent release months they gave to discord a while back.

rex and dooku were a nice surprise though. geeze could you imagine if we hadn't had that come early!

I quit Armada with how bad that game gets releases. Sure the ships look nice, but man one ship a year is insane and FFG's silence was deafening.

As for Legion they have mishandled every single release (except Dooku/Rex) when they really should have been pushing new stuff hard.

2 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:
2 hours ago, Tirion said:

I admit that's part of it too, but some of the reason for such HUGE lead times was/is product delays. It was bad at the start, with three month lead times, then became really bad with the current crop of products (Luke and Vader were announced on July 19, 2019, upgrade packs on August 6, 2019, and the tanks and second corps units were announced August 1, 2019). Part of the reason for the 5-6 month lead times on the GCW releases and the upgrades were some kind of product delay, since all were slated for Q4 (as was the Bunker).

So announcing closer to actual release than 3-4 months would have a double purpose: keep people excited, and increase the likelihood of the release hitting the three month window FFG gives themselves.

Pretty much this. Those delays have hurt the game so much and the fact that they most likely pushed back the tank another month does not make the future look any better.

........................Has it really been that long since those announcements........ 

I still want to know if the game switched to one huge wave release or they are still doing monthly.

48 minutes ago, RyantheFett said:

I still want to know if the game switched to one huge wave release or they are still doing monthly.

Yeah, me too. Monthly/smaller releases are better for my wallet. If they have gone to huge quarterly releases, I'll have to start prioritizing my purchases more.

Plus then I'll have a better idea how long it will take for CIS and GAR to "catch up."

3 minutes ago, Vector Strike said:

It's more wishlisting than a real thing, but this gal for the CIS would be nifty: https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/Sev'rance_Tann

Force user general with lightsaber and force lightning!

Given the new canon regarding Chiss and the force, probably very unlikely LFG would approve that.

Interesting character though, but she seems like a variant of Ventress.

5 hours ago, EVIL INC said:

This is how they lost the rights to Dust 1947. The Dust designers had to take their game away from FF because of just this sort of thing.

i didn't know that, checks out though

The delays definitely stalled uptake of the game in my local area.

My enthusiasm is pretty low atm because I want to play clones, but the releases that will make them a competitive army are ages away.

2 hours ago, lologrelol said:

My enthusiasm is pretty low atm because I want to play clones, but the releases that will make them a competitive army are ages away.

When you say competitive, what ability did you have in mind?

20 minutes ago, Derrault said:

When you say competitive, what ability did you have in mind?

Special Forces that give you good bang for your points.
A cheap activation control addition, such as snipers or mortar teams.
Additional commanders that can synergize with other unit combos.
A solid operative that can add additional combat/speed prowess to the army (like sabine).

I have done really well with Obi + Rex + 6 Phase 1 squads. But this gets pretty boring after a while.

The tank and phase 2s are cool but not enough, yet.
The tank can't take most objectives and is a points sink.
The phase 2s are a more expensive body that dies just as easily as phase 1s. They are also another corps choice. I do like the mortar, but would rather just run phase 1s for the bodies; If you play fire support well you can get around suppression pretty well.

On 1/31/2020 at 4:54 PM, manoftomorrow010 said:

LOL I have very exciting wishes on how the ARC Troopers will function. I hope they aren't just a 4-man SF squad

ARC troopers will probably be like the Tartakovsky version.

Probably not what you wanted, but I think that’s how Lucas himself saw them.

Of course the troopers without colour could just be regular clones attached to the ARCs. If so, looks like a 3 man squad.

Edited by JediPartisan

1 hour ago, JediPartisan said:

Of course the troopers without colour could just be regular clones attached to the ARCs. If so, looks like a 3 man squad.

According to the legends wookiepedia article only the clones in the short with colored armour were Arc troopers, since the starting rank for (most) Arc troopers was lieutenant, and they "generally worked alone." The original version they were a special batch of clones, with numbers later filled out by promotions.

In new canon, I think the most ever really seen in one place was three? And they were in charge of checking new recruits for aptitude. If I recall correctly, Fives doesn't even have an arc trooper partner after Echo.

6 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

I've no idea why anyone would think that, given Lucas' total involvement with the animoo was pretty much just Tartakovsky saying "Can I do an animoo with your robot man baddie, George?" and Lucas saying "Yeah sure whatever."(there's a reason the Genndy-Greivous is so different from the one we see in RotS and TCW), while The Clone Wars cartoon which depicted ARCs as Operatives in Legion terms was overseen by Lucas' protege and had a lot of direct involvement from the man himself.

I really don't understand why FFG would just do them as a basic SF squad, and not even just because it runs counter to how they're depicted in canon material. The GAR has a lot of potential elite units even assuming Legion never moves beyond just depicting the Clones - ARCs, ARFs, Clone Commandos, SpecOps Troopers, Clone Paras, and those are just the ones with unique armour variants, nevermind the ones that are regular gear with a paintjob - so "using up" an SF slot on a unit that could easily(and better) be depicted in another way seems odd.

13 hours ago, lologrelol said:

And then when the new clone stuff hits, it’s out of stock ASAP. I can’t find phase 1 personnel pack anywhere. The reprint is likely 6+ months away with all the stuff still clogged up in the pipeline.

Edited by ScummyRebel

5 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

And then when the new clone stuff hits, it’s out of stock ASAP. I can’t find phase 1 personnel pack anywhere. The reprint is likely 6+ months away with all the stuff still clogged up in the pipeline.

It was like that with the support personnel packs for the rebels and empire when those dropped. Unless you pre-ordered some snagging a pack for a reasonable price will be difficult.

32 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

Last I checked miniature market had some in stock.