Jump to content
UnitOmega

New Product Announcement 2/11

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I heard at LVO that Alex Davey basically confirmed the french leak

Well then, feeling pretty good about what’s coming next aside from the fact it’s going to take so long to get here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/31/2020 at 4:54 PM, manoftomorrow010 said:

LOL I have very exciting wishes on how the ARC Troopers will function. I hope they aren't just a 4-man SF squad

Yeah, I'd prefer if they save that for "Clone Commandos" rather than merge the two. Although I was under the impression Arc troopers typically operated solo, which would mean they would fit the Operative slot better...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Yeah, I'd prefer if they save that for "Clone Commandos" rather than merge the two. Although I was under the impression Arc troopers typically operated solo, which would mean they would fit the Operative slot better...

My hope is that they can play as a 2-man strike team, or you can attach an ARC Trooper mini as a personnel upgrade to a Phase I and II squad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

My hope is that they can play as a 2-man strike team, or you can attach an ARC Trooper mini as a personnel upgrade to a Phase I and II squad

That would fit as well, especially if a Clone Commando squad was limited to four models. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Any smaller (cheaper but still effective) unit is going to be welcome. Clone troopers are expensive. Being able to squeeze a smaller unit in to up the activation count will make thw clone army that much more varied, as well as effective

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm pretty sure ARCs will be a weapon team option, but I'm curious if they'll be say, only a weapon team option with maybe a personnel, so you can get at most 3 guys. They have done very unusual things with units in CW already, like the B-2s. ARCs have been portrayed in larger teams though, their first big show in Star Wars: Clone Wars is an entire squad of them, just they are the only ARC squad in a legion of hundreds of clones in that battle. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

I'm pretty sure ARCs will be a weapon team option, but I'm curious if they'll be say, only a weapon team option with maybe a personnel, so you can get at most 3 guys. They have done very unusual things with units in CW already, like the B-2s. ARCs have been portrayed in larger teams though, their first big show in Star Wars: Clone Wars is an entire squad of them, just they are the only ARC squad in a legion of hundreds of clones in that battle. 

I wonder how much inspiration they'll derive from Clone Wars, though, as compared to "The" Clone Wars.

Of course they can do a whole squad of them, but I just am hoping they don't, and you have 4 models of Fives, Echo, etc., and they play as a 2-man team with different weapon choices, or you can attach them to a basic squad.

Like @buckero0 said, a cheap activation is needed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

I wonder how much inspiration they'll derive from Clone Wars, though, as compared to "The" Clone Wars.

Of course they can do a whole squad of them, but I just am hoping they don't, and you have 4 models of Fives, Echo, etc., and they play as a 2-man team with different weapon choices, or you can attach them to a basic squad.

Like @buckero0 said, a cheap activation is needed.

If they adhere to the cartoon, it’d be a special forces squad. Some episodes have single arc troopers, but by and large they were expected to be a team. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

I wonder how much inspiration they'll derive from Clone Wars, though, as compared to "The" Clone Wars.

Of course they can do a whole squad of them, but I just am hoping they don't, and you have 4 models of Fives, Echo, etc., and they play as a 2-man team with different weapon choices, or you can attach them to a basic squad.

Like @buckero0 said, a cheap activation is needed.

Why not both? They could easily do them as the "scout" equilivant with a weapons team.

Personally as squad I want to see the quad cannon make an appearance.....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, TalkPolite said:

May-June

Depending on delays in fulfillment, and where you pre-ordered the miniatures from, etc, etc... FFG might announce them for those months, but they haven't been doing a great job of hitting targets lately, particularly for Legion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Depending on delays in fulfillment, and where you pre-ordered the miniatures from, etc, etc... FFG might announce them for those months, but they haven't been doing a great job of hitting targets lately, particularly for Legion. 

To Flip side of that though iirc they were supposed to be shortening the "hype window" in response to community feedback (sure I remember Mr Pena commenting on it in the fb groups). Sooo there's that, but like others I'm not expecting much

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...