Sign in to follow this  
PhantomFO

Your favorite fan-made swag?

The other thread got me to thinking: what are some of your favorite fan-made swag that you've received?

My personal favorite was at my last major tourney. I was flying a Separatist list that had Maul (w/ Palpatine), Dooku, and Grievous. Another player had been giving out alt-arts featuring those characters, and when he saw my list he gave me cards for all four characters. They're gorgeous, double-sided (pilot on one side, crew on the other, aside from Palp/Sidious), and even included alt-art Hate cards featuring Maul and Ventress. I use them over the default cards whenever possible.

I got a cool Jake "Mooney' card once. Then there are some really nice mynock cards (old lockdown). Timo7777 made the arguably best Inquisitor (1.0 unfortunately). And I once won some awesome Lego cards.

And probably the best has to be the St. Louis heroic!

But those are just the ones I kept, I gave away more than I remember.

31 minutes ago, astronautcowboy said:

I was given a sticker on a visit to Melbourne. Proudly slapped it on one of my Plano boxes, because those dudes were all awesome and it was a good X-Wing memory.

Stickers seem like a great idea.  I know I already stick some plain Star Wars kids sitckers on my boxes, and having local folks hand those out would be a great way to remember a local scene, without messing with the in-game stuff (which a lot of folks can be quite particular about).

It’s really hard to have a favorite. I think the NTX target locks because they were the first unofficial swag I’d ever gotten, and it opened my eyes to “hey that’s something I can do as well!”. 

Edited by FlyingAnchors

Some of my favorite 2.0 swag is still from Mynock Open soon after 2.0 launch.

Holographic Maul card, just because it took 3 wins to actually get it.

fYeZMeJ.png?1

I fly Soonts a lot and this plastic MSPAINT Version is my go to. Get compliments on it, and at LVO someone even took a picture of it.

jXnirHf.png

My favorite fan stuff is stickers of your squad/podcast/whatever.  Those get stuck to my template tray!  Alt Arts, especially if its something I'm flying, are always appreciated.  As a Judge/TO, I love handing out crit tokens because they are usually immediately useful.  I was handed a couple this last weekend.  I'm really diggin' the Salt Squadron ones.

However I think I **need** that Duchess alt art.  

6 hours ago, astronautcowboy said:

I was given a sticker on a visit to Melbourne. Proudly slapped it on one of my Plano boxes, because those dudes were all awesome and it was a good X-Wing memory.

I love stickers! I have a few from some groups I met up with at worlds like the Tucson Raiders (well played guys, well played). 

I’ve been handing out my group’s stickers as a memento as well for a while now. I’m hoping we will have some cards I can hand out later this year.

I don’t have good photos of my favorites, but mentions to: Thule Squadron and the 4 PacMan ghosts (the phantom pilot generic in 4 colors), Liberty Squadron and their droid run, and the full art Brazil guys who did a fundraiser for their swag to help pay costs of coming up to worlds. 

I need to redo them, but the one alt-art I tried producing myself using the lightweight frame artwork:

324956940_AfterburnerStriker.jpg.f8d8e88

12 hours ago, wurms said:

I fly Soonts a lot and this plastic MSPAINT Version is my go to. Get compliments on it, and at LVO someone even took a picture of it.

jXnirHf.png

I think I have the Starviper equivalent - the Microthrusters ship ability is written as "Bendy Barrel Rolls! Woohooo!"

4 hours ago, Magnus Grendel said:

I need to redo them, but the one alt-art I tried producing myself using the lightweight frame artwork:

324956940_AfterburnerStriker.jpg.f8d8e88

Oh man, that one is awesome! Great work! I wish I had that one.

Was this infinite arenas template? Or was there another template you used?

@theBitterFig

vSJP9eL.png

Other's I've made and have work-computer access to (I should say that some are missing the "Fan Creation" and copyright tagline per Asmodee/FFG IP community use guidelines, these were created before that document was published - all created since then have been appropriately tagged to comply with IP community use guidelines):

gIlK0bM.pngaEACUjO.pngJYmfu6j.pngg7q1lVe.pngWHlJiZX.png6wIfHVe.pngWd2Tiir.pngYI5zel0.jpgI5n2UkM.jpgw0myOtH.pngHVo21bw.jpgaAnNmiI.jpgblD1cCl.jpgXjWvjVC.jpg

And, from X-Wing First addition post the first JumpMaster-5000 nerf batting, my personal favorite:

f1WF3aq.jpg

16 minutes ago, ZealuxMyr said:

@theBitterFig

vSJP9eL.png

Other's I've made and have work-computer access to (I should say that some are missing the "Fan Creation" and copyright tagline per Asmodee/FFG IP community use guidelines, these were created before that document was published - all created since then have been appropriately tagged to comply with IP community use guidelines):

[...]

And, from X-Wing First addition post the first JumpMaster-5000 nerf batting, my personal favorite:

f1WF3aq.jpg

TY! That Hate.  I understand why you didn't put it into wider circulation, but still.

For anyone out there who wasn't playing in Maine two and a half years ago, this Manaroo was IMPRESSIVE.  It's 5x7 inches.

1 minute ago, theBitterFig said:

I understand why you didn't put it into wider circulation, but still.

You give me too much credit...I wanted to put that one into wider circulation but the choice between the 4 went to a poll and "Unlimited Palps" won out. :)