Sign in to follow this  
Wilson669

Uk starhawk

So my onager is stuck waiting for the starhawk. Asmodee uk has no sign of it next week on the release schedule.

should I cancel the starhawk and pickup when I’m in Spokane the week after next.

seems I might be able to get it quicker with my visit states side.

what do you think?

And no my suitcase is not a container for anyone else waiting in the uk ;)

8 hours ago, Wilson669 said:

So my onager is stuck waiting for the starhawk. Asmodee uk has no sign of it next week on the release schedule.

should I cancel the starhawk and pickup when I’m in Spokane the week after next.

seems I might be able to get it quicker with my visit states side.

what do you think?

And no my suitcase is not a container for anyone else waiting in the uk ;)

It’s the same here in NZ. One is at the distribution warehouse but the other there is no Idea.

Maybe I should bring another bag when I go states side. 
I think someone in distribution works for the dark side for the EU.

we get the SSD so the rebels can wait another month until we all get the onager.

On 1/31/2020 at 10:41 AM, Gallanteer said:

In the UK, the Oneger is on sale now.

According to an online retailer the Starhawk isn't due to be released until 28th Feb. ☹

Same problem here.  The FLGS I pre-ordered the Onager & Starhawk from has said that the Onager is now in stock but they are waiting for the Starhawk, it was supposed to be out last week but now they think that the earliest they are going to get it in is March.  I absolutely hate the way FFG have been treating armada in general and the rebel faction specifically. 

3 minutes ago, UberMunchkin said:

Same problem here.  The FLGS I pre-ordered the Onager & Starhawk from has said that the Onager is now in stock but they are waiting for the Starhawk, it was supposed to be out last week but now they think that the earliest they are going to get it in is March.  I absolutely hate the way FFG have been treating armada in general and the rebel faction specifically. 

How much of the blame lies with FFG, how much lies with AsmodeeUK, and how much lies with international shipping.

The UK is without the Starhawk.  But its in a *lot* of other places, even making it to Australia, which means it is hard to consider it a complete FFG drop (they'd drop it everywhere)...  

A few years back, we had a situation in Canada where the Canadian Distributor just forgot to order something.  For the whole of Canada...  And we simply didn't get it.  

That's not FFG's fault.  That was totally on the Distributors' fault.

And I mean ,there's everything going on in the world right now...  The rest might just be delayed in Customs or at a Border Checkpoint or on a ship that's being unloaded under Union action.

Its easy to blame, its hard to find where the blame should actually lie.

The rebels got a pretty nice toolbox in Rebellion in the Rim, as it is.

1 hour ago, Petersaber said:

It's not just UK, it's the entire Europe. And we have two separate distributors, AFAIR.

For the entirety of Europe, you have many more than that.  One for most European Countries + The UK.

SO yeah ,its got to be something else, not the Distributor level then...  I'm more likely guessing that its going to be something something shipping something something customs something something dark side.

Mostly because, as a company, a European owned companydoesn't willingly ignore Europe....   

I'm in europe and in the same situation. 

Ornager is in, Starhawk isn't. Both in the UK (boardgames Extras https://www.bgextras.co.uk/ ) as in the Netherlands (www.summoner.nl)
It's a shame because I placed a decent order and am waiting for it all to arive for quite a while now and including pushbacks it's getting kinda rediculous. 

I just want my ships ^_^ I'm hoping for a word on what's going on and how long we have to wait. Not expecting it but I'm hoping.

Well whoever and where ever.

it looks like in the US that no imperial control can be exercised to delay proceedings.

however someone in the EU and UK is obviously an imperial at heart.

or there is a supply issue with the tractor beam.

2 hours ago, Drasnighta said:

Working out how to counter an Onager with an Onager in more situations is very important after all.

Not when you only play Rebels. I've got an XW addiction to fund as well (along with other games).

Well for what it's worth Gallanteer, I'm not sure the Starhawk is much of a counter to the Onager.  I played 3 games this week against myself using both Starhawk and Onager, and the Onager lists won all 3 despite me "trying" to win with Rebels. (because I'm also a rebel player).

I'm still not sure how to build out the Starhawk. It's tanky for sure, but it died all 3 times and failed to make it's points back in any of the 3 games I played. I've also no idea how to effectively use the MCTBA.  

1 minute ago, Rocmistro said:

The Onagers' "Ignition" Arc and the Front arc are 2 different firing arcs, right? and thus it can fire out of both of them in a given turn?

No, the Ignition arc is part of the front arc, so you'd need to either be the objective ship in Advanced Gunnery, or have Gunnery Teams.