Jump to content
Schanez

Rebel Fours? Hyperspace + Extended

Recommended Posts

Trying to work out a decent Rebel list for the two systems. And here is what I have so far. Am curious what would people change, what to add or remove.

Extended 192/200:

  • Bodhi Rook: Pivot Wing, Fire-Control System,
  • "Dutch" Vander: naked
  • Garven Dreis: Servomotor S-Foils
  • Ten Numb: Stabilised S-Foils, Fire-Control System, Autoblasters, Jamming Beam

There are free eight points to do something with. I could fit a Leia Organa on the U-Wing. I am also tempted about the upcoming K-2S0 Crew, possibly giving the Y-Wing double mods on attack. Or letting B-Wing have a FCS and Calculate for first shot and a Focus/Stress for the second. Magva Yarro is an interesting choice. I feel like two Agility with that amount of HP would be a decent pick, letting you always have a mod on a shot. Given you can aim your act properly. Other than Crew Slots, an R4 with an Ion Turret on Y-Wing seems decent. B-Wing can strip tokens and Y-Wing can force the enemy into a 1 straight.

Hyperspace 199/200:

  • Ten Numb: Stabilised S-Foils, Fire-Control System, Autoblasters
  • Braylen Stramm: Stabilised S-Foils, Autoblasters
  • Garven Dreis: Servomotor S-Foils
  • "Dutch" Vander: naked

The classical four I4s for the Rebels, I guess. Both B-Wings can perform a double tap, thanks to the Y-Wing and X-Wing, with more mods. I just feel like the Y-Wing is extremely weak, without anything he can launch with this Lock he is supposed to take. But then again, alternative is to not have a double tap on one of the B-Wings. I cannot decide what's better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m going to try this for hyperspace rebel fours:

 

Fighting Fours in hyperspace 2

(47) Garven Dreis [T-65 X-wing]
(0) Servomotor S-foils
Points: 47

(52) Braylen Stramm [A/SF-01 B-wing]
Points: 52

(48) Ten Numb [A/SF-01 B-wing]
(2) Stabilized S-Foils
Points: 50

(40) "Dutch" Vander [BTL-A4 Y-wing]
(6) Adv. Proton Torpedoes
(5) Ion Cannon Turret
Points: 51

Total points: 200

 

Trades the double taps for 1 double modded shot from each B-wing and gives Dutch the ability to either orbit and ion or punch something in the face if needed.

 

I also considered plasma torps on Dutch, but Garvin has to shoot first to double mod Dutch’s shot and that somewhat negates the effect of the plasma torps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 5:45 PM, missileaway said:

Trades the double taps for 1 double modded shot from each B-wing and gives Dutch the ability to either orbit and ion or punch something in the face if needed.

 

I also considered plasma torps on Dutch, but Garvin has to shoot first to double mod Dutch’s shot and that somewhat negates the effect of the plasma torps.

I have finalized the lists as such for now.

Hyperspace:

  • "Dutch" Vander [BTL-A4 Y-wing]: R3 Astromech, Proton Torpedoes
  • Garven Dreis [T-65 X-wing]: Servomotor S-foils
  • TenNumb [A/SF-01 B-wing]: Autoblasters, Stabilized S-Foils, Fire-Control System
  • Jake Farrell [RZ-1 A-wing]: Concussion Missiles

Extended:

  • Ten Numb [A/SF-01 B-wing]: Jamming Beam, Autoblasters, Stabilized S-Foils, Fire-Control System 

  • "Dutch" Vander [BTL-A4 Y-wing]R: R3Astromech, Proton Torpedoes

  • Bodhi Rook [UT-60D U-wing]: Pivot Wing, Fire-Control System

  • Jake Farrell [RZ-1 A-wing]: Predator, Crack Shot

I will be test flying the HS list on Wednesday. Proton Torpedoes means, that Y-Wing can shoot last and threaten the Crit. Ten has potentiall mods on both attacks, he can Focus > Roll and get Lock from Dutch. Alternatively he can easily get a Lock and Stress on his own. Jake is just a mobile pew pew platform, although Concussions make him a tad more dangerous foe.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Schanez said:

TenNumb [A/SF-01 B-wing]: Autoblasters, Stabilized S-Foils, Fire-Control System

Just FYI, and I could be wrong, but I believe for at least the upcoming UK system open they have ruled if you use fcs on the b wing primary, it prevents you being able to spend the lock for the double tap. 

 

Just something to bear in mind depending on other tourney rulings

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

Just FYI, and I could be wrong, but I believe for at least the upcoming UK system open they have ruled if you use fcs on the b wing primary, it prevents you being able to spend the lock for the double tap. 

 

Just something to bear in mind depending on other tourney rulings

Use FCS for the primary attack & you have to keep the lock.  Then spend the lock to make the bonus attack.  How would using FCS on the primary prevent you from spending a lock to make another (bonus) attack?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

Just FYI, and I could be wrong, but I believe for at least the upcoming UK system open they have ruled if you use fcs on the b wing primary, it prevents you being able to spend the lock for the double tap. 

 

Just something to bear in mind depending on other tourney rulings

 

2 hours ago, pakirby said:

Use FCS for the primary attack & you have to keep the lock.  Then spend the lock to make the bonus attack.  How would using FCS on the primary prevent you from spending a lock to make another (bonus) attack?

Because they ruled, Aftermath is still within the Attack Phase.

USA already ruled they can be both used on the same round. Also developers stated such during the FFG stream. So I am expecting a FAQ sometime in the future clarifying, that you can use both.

Edit:

My topic on the rules section - 

 

Edited by Schanez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

After some practice with the list in Hyperspace, it has evolved somewhat. Currently I am testing two setups still, but the only changes concern the Y-Wing loadout.

  • Jake Farrell: Mag-Pulse Warheads
  • Garven Dreis: X-Foils
  • Ten Numb: Fire-Control System, Autoblasters, B-Foils
  • "Dutch" Vander MK1: R3 Astromech, Proton Torpedoes
  • "Dutch" Vander MK2: R3 Astromech, Ion Cannon Turret, Cluster Mines

I have been flying the MK1 so far, but I very often face enemies, who will get behind the Y-Wing and have him like a sitting duck. The clunky brick has no ways of turning around, leaving it very vulnerable to being flanked. With the Mines and the threat of Ion, I am expecting people to be more careful around it.

On a side note, I swapped Concussion Missiles with Mag-Pulse Warheads, as I feel like they offer more to the team, than just plain damage. The ideal Activation Order would be:

  1. Ten giving himself double mods without any assistance.
  2. Garven taking a Target Lock.
  3. Jake taking a Focus into Red Boost, granting Garven a Focus.
  4. "Dutch" taking a Target Lock and granting Jake a Lock as well.

Then following to the Pew Pew Phase:

  1. Jake starts with a Mag-Pulse Warhead/Primary against the most crucial target. The Missile forces the enemy to either spend tokens to defend, or just take a Jam and Deplete in the face. He should have a Lock and Focus for mods.
  2. Garven shoots Primary into the same target. Again with a Lock and Focus. If he spends the Focus, he passes it over to "Dutch".
  3. Ten tries to finish off the target with his double tap. Primary with FCS and Stress/Focus and then Autoblasters with Stress/Focus if it wasn't used already.
  4. "Dutch" can either finish off the same ship or benefit from his R3 Astromech and target someone new. Hopefully he will have both Lock and Focus to force the Ions through.

Worst case scenario, Jake shoots with just a Lock or Focus, depending on which weapon he aims to use. Garven has only Focus and Dutch only Lock. Ten can double mod himself. What I like about this squadron, is that Garven and "Dutch" work in Range 0-3. The only tricky one is Jake, who is much more faster than the rest of the squad, lacking 1 Straight and Bank. So either the whole squad is speedy, or you have to time the first engagement really well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Schanez said:

After some practice with the list in Hyperspace, it has evolved somewhat. Currently I am testing two setups still, but the only changes concern the Y-Wing loadout.

  • Jake Farrell: Mag-Pulse Warheads
  • Garven Dreis: X-Foils
  • Ten Numb: Fire-Control System, Autoblasters, B-Foils
  • "Dutch" Vander MK1: R3 Astromech, Proton Torpedoes
  • "Dutch" Vander MK2: R3 Astromech, Ion Cannon Turret, Cluster Mines

I have been flying the MK1 so far, but I very often face enemies, who will get behind the Y-Wing and have him like a sitting duck. The clunky brick has no ways of turning around, leaving it very vulnerable to being flanked. With the Mines and the threat of Ion, I am expecting people to be more careful around it.

On a side note, I swapped Concussion Missiles with Mag-Pulse Warheads, as I feel like they offer more to the team, than just plain damage. The ideal Activation Order would be:

  1. Ten giving himself double mods without any assistance.
  2. Garven taking a Target Lock.
  3. Jake taking a Focus into Red Boost, granting Garven a Focus.
  4. "Dutch" taking a Target Lock and granting Jake a Lock as well.

Then following to the Pew Pew Phase:

  1. Jake starts with a Mag-Pulse Warhead/Primary against the most crucial target. The Missile forces the enemy to either spend tokens to defend, or just take a Jam and Deplete in the face. He should have a Lock and Focus for mods.
  2. Garven shoots Primary into the same target. Again with a Lock and Focus. If he spends the Focus, he passes it over to "Dutch".
  3. Ten tries to finish off the target with his double tap. Primary with FCS and Stress/Focus and then Autoblasters with Stress/Focus if it wasn't used already.
  4. "Dutch" can either finish off the same ship or benefit from his R3 Astromech and target someone new. Hopefully he will have both Lock and Focus to force the Ions through.

Worst case scenario, Jake shoots with just a Lock or Focus, depending on which weapon he aims to use. Garven has only Focus and Dutch only Lock. Ten can double mod himself. What I like about this squadron, is that Garven and "Dutch" work in Range 0-3. The only tricky one is Jake, who is much more faster than the rest of the squad, lacking 1 Straight and Bank. So either the whole squad is speedy, or you have to time the first engagement really well.

How does Ten get to double tap if he doesn’t have a lock?  Ten needs the lock to double tap with AutoBlasters.  And with FCS, he wants the lock anyways.  So Ten moves, does a Roll into a Lock, get stressed.  So he has FCS, Lock & Stress for mods on the primary attack.  To double tap he can only use FCS or Stress to mod the primary attack, if he uses FCS he HAS to keep the lock.  So may as well use FCS on the primary attack, then spend the lock to use AutoBlasters & mod with stress or keep the stress for defense.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, pakirby said:

How does Ten get to double tap if he doesn’t have a lock?  Ten needs the lock to double tap with AutoBlasters.  And with FCS, he wants the lock anyways.  So Ten moves, does a Roll into a Lock, get stressed.  So he has FCS, Lock & Stress for mods on the primary attack.  To double tap he can only use FCS or Stress to mod the primary attack, if he uses FCS he HAS to keep the lock.  So may as well use FCS on the primary attack, then spend the lock to use AutoBlasters & mod with stress or keep the stress for defense.  

Ten Numb has FCS and Stress on first attack. Then no mods or Stress on second attack. And if you can, always spend stress. You have one defense die. While being a juicy target, he also has lots of health. And sometimes enemy will leave you with stress to prevent you from turning around for the next engagement. The ability to spend Stress makes Ten have the most open Dial from all of the B-Wing pilots. Maybe Gina comes close, if she can yeet the stress onto a friendly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Wiredin said:

A fun 4's in extended:

 

Ten Numb (48)
Juke (7)
Stabilized S-Foils (2)

Shara Bey (50)
Elusive (3)
Saw Gerrera (9)

Lieutenant Blount (30)
Crack Shot (1)

Kullbee Sperado (46)
Predator (2)
R4 Astromech (2)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)
Total: 200

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

 

this is stupid fun. I've really enjoyed it. 

I have not consiered Juke on the B-Wings. That is an interesting approach... So how about...

  • (B-Wing) Ten Numb (48): Juke (7),  Autoblasters (3), Jamming Beam (0), Stabilized S-Foils (2)
  • (ARC-170) Garven Dreis (49)
  • (Y-Wing) "Dutch" Vander (40): Ion Cannon Turret (5), R3 Astromech (3), Proton Bombs (5)
  • (A-Wing) Jake Farrell (36): Predator (2)

Now you can Juke two attacks from the B-Wing. ARC is a big mean bully who can now share Focuses. A-Wing with Jake's mobility is an epic Predator platform.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't have my cards in front of me, but I believe stabilized s-foils' double tap is only available when the card is flipped to open.  So you could double tap, or juke, but not both.  At least not without Jyn Erso in the list. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Pa Weasley said:

I don't have my cards in front of me, but I believe stabilized s-foils' double tap is only available when the card is flipped to open.  So you could double tap, or juke, but not both.  At least not without Jyn Erso in the list. 

oh I have that built too....

 

Ten Numb (48)
Juke (7)
Fire-Control System (2)
Ion Cannon (6)
Stabilized S-Foils (2)

Jan Ors (41)
Juke (7)
Jyn Erso (2)
Moldy Crow (18)

Wedge Antilles (55)
Predator (2)
Afterburners (6)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)
Total: 196

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

 

I haven't tried it yet tho. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Pa Weasley said:

I don't have my cards in front of me, but I believe stabilized s-foils' double tap is only available when the card is flipped to open.  So you could double tap, or juke, but not both.  At least not without Jyn Erso in the list. 

That is correct and a mistake on my part. I was certain you can do that whenever and the position just changes the actions you can perform.

Jyn Erso just for the sake of Juke seems a bit excessive. Although... Ten Numb can potentially Juke with Focus > Red Roll to have an Evade and Stress to use as Focus. Now a way to reroll dice...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/30/2020 at 12:58 AM, Schanez said:

Hyperspace 199/200:

  • Ten Numb: Stabilised S-Foils, Fire-Control System, Autoblasters
  • Braylen Stramm: Stabilised S-Foils, Autoblasters
  • Garven Dreis: Servomotor S-Foils
  • "Dutch" Vander: naked

I would drop the cannon and FCS from Ten to get an ICT on Dutch. More chance of him doing damage and the control can be game winning. Ten is fine with just foils for his red locks and that way Dutch can keep throwing locks to Braylen so he can double tap even after a bump.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rebels-4 is a list  I’ve been toying with too.  I like how it synergies together.  Some things I’ve learned:

 

-Ywings need torpedos or a turret with VTG. Depends on how you want to run them.  Are they to get close and soak up dmg or want to reach out and tag from a distance. 
 

-Garven is amazing. Just remember to shoot with him first!

 

-Ten, only with servos, is amazing as is.  
 

-The Awing is my big question mark.  Try to get missiles on it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Schanez said:

Ten Numb has FCS and Stress on first attack. Then no mods or Stress on second attack. And if you can, always spend stress. You have one defense die. While being a juicy target, he also has lots of health. And sometimes enemy will leave you with stress to prevent you from turning around for the next engagement. The ability to spend Stress makes Ten have the most open Dial from all of the B-Wing pilots. Maybe Gina comes close, if she can yeet the stress onto a friendly.

FCS is useless if you don’t already have a lock.  Ten needs the lock to use FCS/double tap.  Either Dutch gives him a lock or Ten does a roll into a red lock.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, FriendofYoda said:

I would drop the cannon and FCS from Ten to get an ICT on Dutch. More chance of him doing damage and the control can be game winning. Ten is fine with just foils for his red locks and that way Dutch can keep throwing locks to Braylen so he can double tap even after a bump.

It is a valid option. Braylen hurts more with Autoblasters. Although I am flying a Ten, Dutch, Garven and Jake list now. Totally forgot I even posted this one in here 😅

7 hours ago, Ccwebb said:

Rebels-4 is a list  I’ve been toying with too.  I like how it synergies together.  Some things I’ve learned:

 

-Ywings need torpedos or a turret with VTG. Depends on how you want to run them.  Are they to get close and soak up dmg or want to reach out and tag from a distance. 
 

-Garven is amazing. Just remember to shoot with him first!

 

-Ten, only with servos, is amazing as is.  
 

-The Awing is my big question mark.  Try to get missiles on it. 

A-Wing in Hyperspace has very few valid options.

  • A huge flanker perhaps, as he can quickly traverse the side and get into position to threaten the back of the enemy. That requires Outmaneuver to make it worthwhile.
  • A control piece. Ion Missiles is an option. Although recently I plan to test Mag-Pulse Warheads with Jake shooting first, to strip defence tokens.
  • A support piece. Aiming to spread some Focus love. Quite tricky and requires lots of practice in flying the various ships together.
  • A blocker. Which makes it best swapped for Arvel Crynyd with Intimidation and maybe Daredevil. Nothing like a duo of 1 Hards to juke the enemy.

As for the Y-Wing, I have to agree. While it has Torpedoes, it is an amazing Hammer to your B-Wings Anvil. But then with the charges spent, it is demoted to mediocre two attack, clunky brick. Reload is an option, but Dutch hates to be stressed.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, pakirby said:

FCS is useless if you don’t already have a lock.  Ten needs the lock to use FCS/double tap.  Either Dutch gives him a lock or Ten does a roll into a red lock.  

Well yes... Ten takes Roll > Red Lock. That is the best possible action for him to do. Although with Dutch in the team, you open up the Red Turnaround into granted lock, which people rarely expect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't played it myself, but there's a very good rebel list floating around that did very well in Spain I believe:

  • Wedge Antilles (56) Crack Shot (1) Servomotor S-Foils (0)
  • Ten Numb (53) Autoblasters (3) Stabilized S-Foils (2)
  • Jake Farrell (38) Predator (2)
  • Lieutenant Blount (31) Crack Shot (1)
  • Bandit Squadron Pilot (22)

Total: 200

It requires a bit of practice, of course, but the amount of actions is amazing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Trying to decide on a list for an upcoming Hyperspace store championship. Pulled this a bit together, essentially Connor Prince's list from the Atomic Empire Spring store championship minus a few stuff and an A-Wing swapped out for an X-Wing.

Ten Numb (48)    
    Tractor Beam (3)    
    Stabilized S-Foils (2)    
    
Ship total: 53  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 4    
    
Braylen Stramm (52)    
Ship total: 52  Half Points: 26  Threshold: 4    
    
"Dutch" Vander (40)    
    Proton Torpedoes (13)    
    
Ship total: 53  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 4    
    
Blue Squadron Escort (40)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    
    
Ship total: 40  Half Points: 20  Threshold: 3    
    
    
Total: 198    
    
View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0:

Cannon on Ten could be any of the 3 options, depending on whether you want more potential damage from Autoblasters, or to mess with enemy position and weaken their defense for the rest of your squad's attacks, which works nicely with Dutch and Braylen being on the same initiative step. 

Braylen doesn't really need S-foils and usually would rather be doing Focus + Red BR for his action, and you can double-mod him or Ten with Dutch's free lock.

Dutch with Proton Torpedoes feels more threatening as opposed to giving him the usual ICT and synergizes better with his desire to Target Lock to give an ally one as well. Sure, you can argue ICT benefits the same from the lock, but if he has to rotate his turret to stay on target then he can't lock.

The I2 X-Wing is just sorta there. Good chassis, plinking 3-4 dice each turn or boosting in to block. Jake Farrel would be a good option as well, but I don't own an A-Wing currently.

Edited by andyee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 10:46 PM, GreenDragoon said:

I haven't played it myself, but there's a very good rebel list floating around that did very well in Spain I believe:

  • Wedge Antilles (56) Crack Shot (1) Servomotor S-Foils (0)
  • Ten Numb (53) Autoblasters (3) Stabilized S-Foils (2)
  • Jake Farrell (38) Predator (2)
  • Lieutenant Blount (31) Crack Shot (1)
  • Bandit Squadron Pilot (22)

Total: 200

It requires a bit of practice, of course, but the amount of actions is amazing.

I don't see, why this list shouldn't fly an Arvel with Intimidation for Blount ability. I will take a defence die less over Crack Shot on Wedge any time.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
34 minutes ago, Schanez said:

I don't see, why this list shouldn't fly an Arvel with Intimidation for Blount ability. I will take a defence die less over Crack Shot on Wedge any time.

Instead of Blount you mean? Because currently the list has 1 blocker at range 1 for the ability of Blount, 1 token machine in Jake, a modified double tapping B-Wing and Wedge (who might get a focus from Jake)

I've played against it and it was beautiful to witness.

Edited by GreenDragoon

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GreenDragoon said:

Instead of Blount you mean? Because currently the list has 1 blocker at range 1 for the ability of Blount, 1 token machine in Jake, a modified double tapping B-Wing and Wedge (who might get a focus from Jake)

I've played against it and it was beautiful to witness.

I meant instead of Jake. While the A-Wing can pass a Focus, that is all it can really do and has to stress himself to do such. Unless he wants to skip his own mod, which is not optimal. With Arvel you get to trigger Blount more often and usually more deadly as well. Just my thoughts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...