PikminToo

B2 Article is Up

7 hours ago, Vector Strike said:

Perhaps we should return discussing the B2 unit?

---

Anyway, I'm looking forward to use them. Between B2s, Dooku and/or Grievous, AAT and lots of B1s, the other player will have a lot to think on what to kill first!

Up to 10 hit points per unit, requiring at least +1 hits per attack to wipe out? Nice offensive options? Yeah not bad at all.

The only downside is that you won’t have perfect activation control for every command card (although you could certainly get that by including some HQ uplinks reserved specific turns). 

If im honest I really want the B2's to be viable but even with Armour 1 that white defence dice with no surge means that they will just start melting as soon as they get shot at, particularly if the unit shooting manages to get a lot of crits in their roll.

If they are to be remotely viable you would need to make sure that they can constantly be getting LOS cover till they can actually get to R2 and start shooting, and even then they really still want heavy cover as well.

Thankfully the AAT will make up for the B2's failings, CAN NOT WAIT for the AAT to arrive.

5 hours ago, Mace Windu said:

If im honest I really want the B2's to be viable but even with Armour 1 that white defence dice with no surge means that they will just start melting as soon as they get shot at, particularly if the unit shooting manages to get a lot of crits in their roll.

If they are to be remotely viable you would need to make sure that they can constantly be getting LOS cover till they can actually get to R2 and start shooting, and even then they really still want heavy cover as well.

Thankfully the AAT will make up for the B2's failings, CAN NOT WAIT for the AAT to arrive.

Actually the amount of crits only matter if the entire pool is crits since armor 1 only stops 1 normal hit.

4 hit + 1 crit or 1 hit + 4 crit is the same for theese guys.

7 hours ago, jocke01 said:

Actually the amount of crits only matter if the entire pool is crits since armor 1 only stops 1 normal hit.

4 hit + 1 crit or 1 hit + 4 crit is the same for theese guys.

not full story because of armor 1 you can trigger impact and so those crits now get through cover and cant be dodged

Yeah, fun fact about Armor X: Impact technically works against it, but only matters if, after converting crits, you have fewer hits remaining than their Armor X rating. 

For example, if I have three hits after cover/dodge against an Armor 2 target, my Impact X needs to be at least 2 to make a difference. 

4 hours ago, Lochlan said:

Yeah, fun fact about Armor X: Impact technically works against it, but only matters if, after converting crits, you have fewer hits remaining than their Armor X rating. 

For example, if I have three hits after cover/dodge against an Armor 2 target, my Impact X needs to be at least 2 to make a difference. 

Yes and no, if I have Impact 1 and only have 1 hit after cover/dodge then it still makes a difference against an Armor 2 enemy. Even 2 hits in that case means 1 is still getting through the armor. I'd have to have 3 uncancelled hits and only Impact 1 for Armor 2 to completely negate my impact.

20 minutes ago, Platinum_V said:

Yes and no, if I have Impact 1 and only have 1 hit after cover/dodge then it still makes a difference against an Armor 2 enemy. Even 2 hits in that case means 1 is still getting through the armor. I'd have to have 3 uncancelled hits and only Impact 1 for Armor 2 to completely negate my impact.

That is what I was trying to say. Instead of fewer I should have said equal or fewer. 

But my example is still correct. If you have 3 hits with Impact 1 against Armor 2, the Impact does nothing as there will still be two hits left for the defender to cancel. 

1 minute ago, Lochlan said:

That is what I was trying to say. Instead of fewer I should have said equal or fewer. 

But my example is still correct. If you have 3 hits with Impact 1 against Armor 2, the Impact does nothing as there will still be two hits left for the defender to cancel. 

To be fair, what Impact does is guarantee a minimum of X (where x equals the impact value) hits after armor cancellations, which is important when deciding on targeting. 

1 minute ago, Caimheul1313 said:

To be fair, what Impact does is guarantee a minimum of X (where x equals the impact value) hits after armor cancellations, which is important when deciding on targeting. 

Yeah, that's a good way to think about it. 

On 1/30/2020 at 8:23 AM, Darth Sanguis said:

Could be their logic is to get all the clone equipment out first then start releasing planetary forces? If they even plan to. I'm still hopeful for my gungan army. 

I need my gungans man, that's all I want now

15 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

I mean, I feel like that is likely exactly what will happen...

Not necessarily. I could see Geonosians being the third Corps option and the Creature Trooper for the CIS, while GAR get Twi-lek Blurrg Creature Troopers and  Cold Environment Clones as Corps three. 

Gungan Special Forces and Creature Troopers would also be a possibility though. 

5 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Gungan Special Forces

Gungans won’t be Special Forces imho. You’ll have the troopers, the cavalry will be support, they will have the catapult for heavy support, and maybe an operative with Jar Jar... but special forces ?

3 minutes ago, Katsutoshi said:

Gungans won’t be Special Forces imho. You’ll have the troopers, the cavalry will be support, they will have the catapult for heavy support, and maybe an operative with Jar Jar... but special forces ?

And Captain Tarpals as a commander

8 minutes ago, Katsutoshi said:

I mean if all the Corps options are clones, then I could see Gungans being used as Special Forces. Jump 1, Innate Ion weapons, shield, etc, etc. 

6 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I mean if all the Corps options are clones, then I could see Gungans being used as Special Forces. Jump 1, Innate Ion weapons, shield, etc, etc. 

There's also a lot of Clone options for SF, I could see Gungans (and Geonosians) getting a bit more love as a sub-faction. Enough has been presented to suggest they have enough you could build a full list out of theoretical Gungans. 

13 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

I think the Gungans will be a cheaper Corps option. So far no Special Forces units have come cheaper than Corps units... and I don’t see Gungans being more expensive and « powerful » than clones to be honest.

Just now, Katsutoshi said:

I think the Gungans will be a cheaper Corps option. So far no Special Forces units have come cheaper than Corps units... and I don’t see Gungans being more expensive and « powerful » than clones to be honest.

I would be very happy if they nearly mimicked B1s in stats and cost but had their own keywords. lol

3 minutes ago, Platinum_V said:

There's also a lot of Clone options for SF, I could see Gungans (and Geonosians) getting a bit more love as a sub-faction. Enough has been presented to suggest they have enough you could build a full list out of theoretical Gungans. 

And there's plenty of time for even more releases. It's not like as soon as CW gets to where GCW is now FFG is definitively done with Legion. Whether or not FFG LETS us build a list out of just Gungans/Geonosians is a separate matter, there is always the option of releasing them as their own stand-alone faction.

1 minute ago, Katsutoshi said:

Well it depends on how they build them. If they make them representative of the Gungans during the Battle of Naboo, then there's Shield and potentially non-refresh Ion. Plus it would make some sense for them to have Jump 1. 

This would also be the first time that the third Corps option is the cheapest. So far, FFG has released the cheapest of the three Corps units first. 

Also, Special Forces don't have to be more "powerful," I wouldn't call Scout Troopers more "powerful " than say Shoretroopers. 

9 minutes ago, Darth Sanguis said:

I would be very happy if they nearly mimicked B1s in stats and cost but had their own keywords. lol

Gungans keyword: "Naturally Clumsy"

Naturally Clumsy: Gungans are predisposed to clumsiness which results in luckily stumbling away from enemy attacks and wildly missing their targets as they struggle to aim correctly.  Gungans must re-roll all failed defense rolls.  Gungans must re-roll all successful attack rolls.

;)