Sign in to follow this  
hey_yu

Galactic Empire [Hyperspace Format]

I'm primarily a 1.0 player slowly getting back into 2.0.  The new Hyperspace format for the IMPS seems pretty challenging right now.  The LGS I play at for their tourney is Hyperspace.  Just getting folks opinion on improving the following list for a decent competitive build:

(67) Darth Vader 
(3) Passive Sensors

(42) "Duchess" 
(5) Hull Upgrade

(76) Rear Admiral Chiraneau 
(2) Hull Upgrade
(4) Dauntless

Total points: 199

Was thinking about a list similar to this today, and it comes down to the striker... which pilot, which upgrades, and how to fly it?

Vader and RAC are mostly flavor to taste I think (FCS for me instead of Passive Sensors). But the striker... I want to see how others respond here.

Duchess is a really good pocket ace. She's far better with...you know, Fifth Brother and an elite talent and all that jazz, but she's no slouch just as she comes. At 42 points I'd happily take her over most base-level generic medium fighters, and that's how she's priced.

Hull Upgrade is an easy one to drop, but I guess the obvious question is what else you could buy for the points instead, and I find myself thinking.....erm? Not a lot, really.

I genuinely don't think there is a better RAC build than just throwing Grand Inquisitor crew on him and calling it a day. Reliable Reinforce (Focus) and lock, or Reinforce (Focus) even on a bump!

You can keep Vader with FCS and a naked Duchess, or a TIE ace or a cheap striker and get a bit more on your big boys