TBot

Sloane

Sloane Squad (195)

Omnicron w/ Slaone (52)

Academy pilot x 4 (88)

Soontir w/ pred (55)

5 points to spare for a bid/shield upgrade on omnicron/upgrade the ties to initiative 2, upgrade omnicron to Sai.

What happened to Sloane? Is she not an excellent piece? I never see her.

She's exceptional against aces, assuming you don't get her destroyed first. She can struggle against other swarms depending on pilot skill and initiative. I would say that she's overall good, but not as good against other swarms.

Imperial Pacification Force

(76) Rear Admiral Chiraneau [VT-49 Decimator]
(9) Admiral Sloane
(1) Ruthless
(4) Dauntless

(22) Academy Pilot [TIE/ln Fighter]

Total points: 200

Been running this lately and it’s an absolute bear to deal with.  10/10 will always recommend.

A friend of mine suggested a Patrol Leader generic VT-49 with 4 Alpha Interceptors (or 4 Planetary Strikers).  Some folks (myself included) would just rather fly 3-red than 2-red ships, if given a choice.  With that in mind, Patrol Leader seems like a great Sloan carrier.  Hard to kill, and solid guns.

17 hours ago, Ronu said:

Sloane is amazing lots of options. Biggest issue right now is she isn’t hyperspace legal.

Sloane has never been hyperspace legal, right? Or have YASB been lying to me?

I've played her like this, and it's worked really well.

Planetary Sentinel (31)    
Ship total: 31  Half Points: 16  Threshold: 2    

Planetary Sentinel (31)    

Planetary Sentinel (31)    

Scarif Base Pilot (39)    
    Death Troopers (6)    

Ship total: 45  Half Points: 23  Threshold: 4    

Scarif Base Pilot (39)    
    Admiral Sloane (9)    

Ship total: 48  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 4    

Total: 186   

Back when that squad was 200 pts.

3 minutes ago, Whippoorwills said:

Sloane has never been hyperspace legal, right? Or have YASB been lying to me?

She hasn’t been hyper space legal at all to date. Which is often why she isn’t discussed as much as she might if she was. 

If you believe the trends you see on the boards bigger events people don’t like higher ship counts and Sloane basically will take as many ships as she can. So not often taken or used for things like that. So again amazing upgrade just not always out in front like others.

I've been running this for a couple weeks now. I'll be taking it to a tournament this Saturday. 

CrackaRAC'n

Rear Admiral Chiraneau (76)    
    Ruthless (1)    
    Death Troopers (6)    
    Admiral Sloane (9)    
    Dauntless (4)      

Black Squadron Ace (25)    
    Crack Shot (1)     

Black Squadron Ace (25)    
    Crack Shot (1)    

Black Squadron Ace (25)    
    Crack Shot (1)  

Black Squadron Ace (25)    
    Crack Shot (1)      

Total: 200

It plays a strong attrition game. The idea is through bumps and stress you're denying your opponents actions, and umnodded dice have a not surprisingly hard time killing TIEs or burning the deci quickly. Swarms are probably the biggest threat, and I've found i3 to help mitigate that somewhat. 

I’m up and down on that idea.  On one hand out PSing swarms and having that crack to shove damage through is pretty great.  On the other a recent game had 2 of my modded ties pop to unmodded shots and while yes double stressing two ships is a good thing it’s certainly harder to punch damage through with 7 dice rather than 9.

Personally I lean into thinking of them kinda like vultures where more = better but the upsides to losing a ship can be clutch 

14 hours ago, Zucch10 said:

I’m up and down on that idea.  On one hand out PSing swarms and having that crack to shove damage through is pretty great.  On the other a recent game had 2 of my modded ties pop to unmodded shots and while yes double stressing two ships is a good thing it’s certainly harder to punch damage through with 7 dice rather than 9.

Personally I lean into thinking of them kinda like vultures where more = better but the upsides to losing a ship can be clutch 

I agree theres plenty of times I'd rather have the 5 ships. But I'm trying to shore up what I feel is the lists biggest weakness for a tournament. Hopefully it works, but maybe I'm wrong it goes poorly lol. My main problem is that even though I've gotten a lot of reps in with both lists, a lot of them against the same opponent (my roommate). So it's hard to know what is typical and what is unique to this opponent.

Before against other swarm lists due to simultaneous fire my TIEs just get mowed down it feels. At I3 with crackshot I can almost always pop the 2 closest ships to me and have fallen 1 dmg shy of popping 3 a couple times. That with draining some calculates to soften the blow of the return fire I then hope they only pop 1 in return with their now reduced firepower, which does work out that way more often then not it seems. I do agree that when I do lose 2 TIEs in 1 turn it hurts, i try to only lose 1 a turn. Also the addition of death troopers has come into play more times then I originally expected! When you've been bumping to stay in place and turret the entire game a sudden hard 3 managed to catch me a Poe!

TLDR: I think the 5 academy skews more into doing what this list type does well whereas I'm hoping the CrackaRACn list rounds it out a little bit.  

Edited by Jaysnipesinc

Been trying this out:

Rear Admiral Chiraneau

• Admiral Sloane
  • Dauntless
  • Hull Upgrade
  • Seismic Charges

Academy Pilot

Academy Pilot

Planetary Sentinel

Planetary Sentinel

Only five ships, but Sentinels hit harder, block better and get more time on target than TIE Fighters. Seismics remove bothersome rocks and prevent aces from k-turning over the admiral. 

4-2 with Sloane, 19th in a 100 player event today.  If I hadn’t run into Vennie round 5 I would have made the top 16 cut.

* Scarif Base Pilot - Admiral Sloane

* Alpha Squadron Pilot

* Alpha Squadron Pilot

* Academy Pilot

* Academy Pilot 

* Academy Pilot

* Academy Pilot 

Rnd 1: Vader/Maarek/Vermeil.  I was still under the lurgy and made some stupid mistakes.  Dice could have bailed me out but we’re cold.  Opponent also knows his list inside out and how to win games with it

Rnd 2: Boba/Fenn.  Easy peasy.

Rnd 3: Maul/Grievous/Chertek.  Comfortable, it got a bit close in the mid game then I killed Maul and Chertek in the same turn

Rnd 4: Resistance I5s.  Easy win - was worried Nien could ignore Sloane so killed him first and just mauled them one at a time.

Rnd 5: Vennie.  I was pretty sure I couldn’t win, punted it, got it wrong.

Rnd 6: Anakin/Obi/Mace.  Jedi can be tricky as they don’t stress, but he got a bit too aggro with Anakin, got blocked, and he went from full to toast in one round.

Edited by Stay OT Leader