Sign in to follow this  
Roller of blanks

Hyperspace Rebels

Thane Kyrell (48) R5 Astromech (4) Servomotor S-Foils (0) Ship total: 52 Half Points: 26 Threshold: 3 Luke Skywalker (62) R5 Astromech (4) Servomotor S-Foils (0) Ship total: 66 Half Points: 33 Threshold: 3 Han Solo (80) Ship total: 80 Half Points: 40 Threshold: 7 Total: 198 View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel Alliance&d=v8ZhZ200Z9XWW6WW142Y4XWW6WW142Y42XWWWWWWW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

R5 seems like a strong choice for cheap regen, not necessarily for getting above half points, but for staying alive. Luke is luke, thane is a cheap ace who can be really annoying against damaged aces that would otherwise be safe from a range 3 potshot or something. Han should be a decent heavy hitter with consistent mods. 

So what do you guys think? Is R5 worth it? Anything I should change?

Thanks in advance for your help!

I'd be tempted to drop the R5's for something like Falcon Title on Han + R2 Astro on Luke (allows him to get hp back while bumping and you don't have to risk him taking cards and getting low before regen begins). I think that ultimately saves you more hp, on your most valuable ships, and is more efficient.

But I haven't had a chance to play around too much with this archetype post points change and there may be a more efficient use of those points still. 

I won't R5 thane, because he needs its actions. On Luke R5 is a decent choice, but its HP count is quite low to benefit from it, try removing R5 from thane and giving hull upgrade to Luke, so you have one ship which is really hard to remove.

you might also swap Thane for Norra with Ion turret, her HP pool is good enough for R5 and her ability will help her staying alive longer. All in all she is pretty cheap, though she might be a bit low on actions, above all if she's going to use R5 to regen. Her mobile arc will also be a problem for fang fighters, so mobile arc both on the falcon and the Y could be nice.

Maybe downgrading han to lando could give you that extra action Norra needs:

Norra Wexley (Y-Wing) (41)    
    Ion Cannon Turret (5)    
    R5 Astromech (4)    

Ship total: 50  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 4    

Luke Skywalker (62)    
    R5 Astromech (4)    
    Servomotor S-Foils (0)    

Ship total: 66  Half Points: 33  Threshold: 3    

Lando Calrissian (79)    
    Nien Nunb (5)    

Ship total: 84  Half Points: 42  Threshold: 7    

Total: 200    

Edited by AlCranio

I want to try this version out soon...

Heroes of Yavin

(80) Han Solo [Modified YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(7) Engine Upgrade

(62) Luke Skywalker [T-65 X-wing]
(2) R4 Astromech

(41) Norra Wexley [BTL-A4 Y-wing]
(2) R4 Astromech
(5) Ion Cannon Turret

Total points: 199

... but Thane vs Norra might be a preference. I often have Norra making slow turns, firing the Ion Cannon Turret and tanking damage due to her bonus Evade.

I feel like all your ships want actions and R5 takes those up. If you can run using the S-foils and disengage for a turn to repair that could work, but otherwise actions are better.

1. Lando Calrisian: Nien Nunb, Leia Organa
  2. TenNumb: StabFoils, FCS
  3. BraylenStramm: StabFoils, Autoblasters

You get a I5 and two I4. Braylen can shoot twice with rerolls in both shots. Borrowing an action from Lando.