TIE/BADA**

7 hours ago, wurms said:

Another Holo game under my belt. This time:

Holo with proud

Midnight

x2 init 1 Silencers

Vs

Cova,Wexley,Greer, Kazuda

Silencers got range 2 and 3 of his ships with a focus. Holo evaded and tossed it to range 2 silencer, so he shot at range 3 silencer. Plinked a shield off my silencer and i erased all of Wexleys. Midnight locked wexley and was safe behind a debris at range 3.

Next round Holo 1 sharped and locked and focused Greer, who was blocked by a silencer. Tossed the strain to midnight who was safe behind a debris. Wexley locked Holo (wont ever be used on Holo, but ok.)

Holo did 2 dmg to greer and a Silencer at range 1 focused finished greer.

I was concerned about cova 1 hard here, and snap 2 shard going for holo, I played it safe and banked away with Holo. Midnight flew over a debris while my silencers kturned behind Cova. His squad went hardcore for Midnight.

Holo tossed Midnight a focus.

Midnight fired and took three shots, never rolled an eyeball. On 1 hull, would die next turn. Holo took an evade for midnight but was barely out of range 2. Wexley had a focus and the lock was still on holo, so holo dumped the lock onto a silencer instead.

Holo banked behind debris for safety while one of my stress silencers did a 1 hard. Holo tossed him a focus for a range 1 on wexely while my other silencer had a range 2 focus on wexley. Wexley took two crits both the reduce agility by 1.

Wexely kturned with leia and focused, hoping to block holos hard 1. But holo slooped instead and proud tradition for a range 1 focus on wexley. He tossed his stress to a silencer and init killed Wexley before he could fore on my silencer.

Got half pts kaz as well before time ended. I loss midnight and half pts on a silencer.

Win!!

That batrep shows the outstanding value and potential of Holo - thanks! 
I’m on Holo, Avenger and three FOs currently and it seems great. The ability of Holo to switch between a support ship and a double modded attacker is really valuable. 

Consensus in my store on the other Barons isn’t great though. Vonreg is a liability from what I can tell, he’s just too fragile. 
Ember is the sort of pilot I WANT to be good but I haven’t seen anyone actually make him work. 

40 minutes ago, Stagsquad13 said:

That batrep shows the outstanding value and potential of Holo - thanks! 
I’m on Holo, Avenger and three FOs currently and it seems great. The ability of Holo to switch between a support ship and a double modded attacker is really valuable. 

Consensus in my store on the other Barons isn’t great though. Vonreg is a liability from what I can tell, he’s just too fragile. 
Ember is the sort of pilot I WANT to be good but I haven’t seen anyone actually make him work. 

If Ember was an Int 5, who would be a go to ship for the FO. 

Edited by Archangelspiv

So went through several variations before settling back on my original list. 

199pts

Holo - Proud tradition

LeHuse - Special forces gunner

Scorch - Fanatical

Muse - Proud tradition

Rivas

I won my local hyperspace tournament with this list going 4-0. Really loving this list in hyperspace format and theres so many tricks it can do that I still feel like every game theres this and that that would've been even better. 

I also still think muse is more cute then amazing but I haven't found a better use of her points that I like better, but I'm getting better at using her as well. Her flipping proud tradition early barely hurts her so I find I'm often daring my opponent early to take the free crit when it still feels "safe" for them to do so. One game that early crit was 1 less green die for Dengar which led to him being burned down quick next turn. 

Now I just need to find a larger event to attend to so I can really test this list!

12 hours ago, Jaysnipesinc said:

[Muse] flipping proud tradition early barely hurts her so I find I'm often daring my opponent early to take the free crit when it still feels "safe" for them to do so. One game that early crit was 1 less green die for Dengar which led to him being burned down quick next turn.

Why would one even bother to flip Proud on any TIE/fo (unless you end up with a Focus that you've literally got nothing better to do with)? Their dial is such that they're barely going to notice the difference. Taking damage to flip it is actually insane.

Posted (edited)
9 hours ago, DR4CO said:

Why would one even bother to flip Proud on any TIE/fo (unless you end up with a Focus that you've literally got nothing better to do with)? Their dial is such that they're barely going to notice the difference. Taking damage to flip it is actually insane.

Mostly true, it does stop me from being able to sloop or k turn and still take a focus however. As far as just taking a focus for a stress, yeah that's not a big deal. The more I play it the more I give my opponent the chance to flip it, it doesnt bother me that much. I'm sure they'll start flipping it every chance they get a lot less as well the more I fly it against them.

Edited by Jaysnipesinc

17 minutes ago, Blail Blerg said:

Yeah, what is it with Proud Tradition and people not flipping it? 

in the case with Holo slooping to init kill Wesley, I assume Wexley could not use his focus to flip there because he died right?

In the case with Wexley Holo wasn't stressed, I believe, so he couldn't flip PT. If Holo was stressed and Wexley dies I'm pretty sure he can just take a crit before he's removed to flip PT.

In general PT doesn't flip as often as it seems like it should on Holo and having it flipped on an FO isn't a major problem because they don't have any easy way to get multiple actions and have a great dial to shed stress. It's not nearly as bad a Talent as I initially thought but it does require careful decision making, which is a good thing IMO.

On 2/19/2020 at 2:08 AM, Stagsquad13 said:

Vonreg is a liability from what I can tell, he’s just too fragile. 

I really, really don't understand this mindset.  He moves last (or close to it) behind a defensive token, 3agi, and 2h2s.  He's plenty tough and on the flank is native double mods with unmatched time on target.

Posted (edited)
22 hours ago, Jaysnipesinc said:

So went through several variations before settling back on my original list. 

199pts

Holo - Proud tradition

LeHuse - Special forces gunner

Scorch - Fanatical

Muse - Proud tradition

Rivas

I won my local hyperspace tournament with this list going 4-0. Really loving this list in hyperspace format and theres so many tricks it can do that I still feel like every game theres this and that that would've been even better. 

I also still think muse is more cute then amazing but I haven't found a better use of her points that I like better, but I'm getting better at using her as well. Her flipping proud tradition early barely hurts her so I find I'm often daring my opponent early to take the free crit when it still feels "safe" for them to do so. One game that early crit was 1 less green die for Dengar which led to him being burned down quick next turn. 

Now I just need to find a larger event to attend to so I can really test this list!

Not gonna lie, I pirated this, and the only change I made was dropping PT from Muse to put Fanatical on LeHuse. If we had 1 more point, it would instead be Optics on Scorch. 

Edited by StriderZessei

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StriderZessei said:

Not gonna lie, I pirated this, and the only change I made was dropping PT from Muse to put Fanatical on LeHuse. If we had 1 more point, it would instead be Optics on Scorch. 

Man I do hope this archetype takes off. If only to see all the variations that everyone spins on it. If you're not interested in PT on Muse I'm not convinced that shes still worth bringing? Her and Rivas both play the same role as low initiative blockers. Dropping her to an epsilon frees up her 2 pt talent for someone else to have a 2 or 3 pt talent and the 5 points saved allows for optics on another ship. And then Rivas and the Epsilon both being init 1 instead of 1 and 2 makes early movement a lot easier as well. Just one way to play around with it if you really want that optics. Have you been having success moving the Fanatical to LeHuse? LeHuse almost always take a focus action for me so I never even thought of taking it. 

Edited by Jaysnipesinc

Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, Jaysnipesinc said:

Man I do hope this archetype takes off. If only to see all the variations that everyone spins on it. If you're not interested in PT on Muse I'm not convinced that shes still worth bringing? Her and Rivas both play the same role as low initiative blockers. Dropping her to an epsilon frees up her 2 pt talent for someone else to have a 2 or 3 pt talent and the 5 points saved allows for optics on another ship. And then Rivas and the Epsilon both being init 1 instead of 1 and 2 makes early movement a lot easier as well. Just one way to play around with it if you really want that optics. Have you been having success moving the Fanatical to LeHuse? LeHuse almost always take a focus action for me so I never even thought of taking it. 

I really like keeping Muse because her ability activates the same time as Holo, so if he's out of range of her ability, he can hopefully pass the stress to someone who is closer to her. That said, you do make an Epsilon sound really appealing. 

I like Fanatical on LeHuse when I feel compelled to Evade with him, which I do a lot when he loses his shields. 

Edited by StriderZessei

25 minutes ago, StriderZessei said:

I really like keeping Muse because her ability activates the same time as Holo, so if he's out of range of her ability, he can hopefully pass the stress to someone who is closer to her. That said, you do make an Epsilon sound really appealing. 

I like Fanatical on LeHuse when I feel compelled to Evade with him, which I do a lot when he loses his shields. 

Yeah, while transferring the stress off of Holo is important, making it go away hasn't seemed that big a deal. Sticking any FO fighter with it has been fine since they have that sweet dial anyways. Removing a stress is  still nice though, which is why I ended up keeping Muse in the end. But if you really want that optics I could see trading Muse for it. Fanatical does seem nice on LeHuse, I often throw an evade at him from Holo but him getting his own and still having a soft double modded shot would be good. I just wish there 1 more pt in the list for both upgrades :(

Other take : PT on Muse is just too cool to remplace it with something as basic as fanatical on LeHuse. PT turn muse into a cheap defender who blocks and is just a very annoying ship. Fanatical is a bit of efficiency on a ship thats already is very efficient. I know which i'd rather play ;) .

10 hours ago, RampancyTW said:

I really, really don't understand this mindset.  He moves last (or close to it) behind a defensive token, 3agi, and 2h2s.  He's plenty tough and on the flank is native double mods with unmatched time on target.

I've tested Vonreg over 20 games. I suggest most people don't have that degree of experience. 

Yes, good when ignored. Problem is you MUST use the rest of the squad to make him ignored, its a big list building hurdle. If he is shot back, even by a 2 die attack, a strain can be deadly. And if its Vonreg shoot and shoot back, Deplete also loses value, so quickly you end up with a terrible point sink. 

That said, I love Vonreg as a game piece. Its pretty good, but definitely very hard to play to strengths. 

13 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Yeah, what is it with Proud Tradition and people not flipping it? 

It's just seldom actually worth it.

Your Focus token needs to have nothing better to do, which means that you must have no shot (or have shot already) and have no further incoming shots to worry about. This happens surprisingly less often than you might think. And giving up hit points is just insane; your opponent is winning that exchange by a country mile.

1 minute ago, DR4CO said:

It's just seldom actually worth it.

Your Focus token needs to have nothing better to do, which means that you must have no shot (or have shot already) and have no further incoming shots to worry about. This happens surprisingly less often than you might think. And giving up hit points is just insane; your opponent is winning that exchange by a country mile.

Ok, thanks. 

13 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

I've tested Vonreg over 20 games. I suggest most people don't have that degree of experience. 

Yes, good when ignored. Problem is you MUST use the rest of the squad to make him ignored, its a big list building hurdle. If he is shot back, even by a 2 die attack, a strain can be deadly. And if its Vonreg shoot and shoot back, Deplete also loses value, so quickly you end up with a terrible point sink. 

That said, I love Vonreg as a game piece. Its pretty good, but definitely very hard to play to strengths. 

I've used Vonreg since he was released and I've now used him on 15 tournament games and lots of practice games. He's not fragile. He's not as tanky as a Defender or a Firespray, sure, but I6 combined with repositioning and a defensive token makes him very squirelly and even when he gets shot his shields allow him one flub before things get scary. You shouldn't be taking a Strain any time someone is shooting back at you and I view the Deplete as a small penalty to set up a TL for later. He has the speed to get out of tricky situations too so you can often escape kill boxes and strand enemy squads that try to turn in on him. I've found him useful as both a high-impact hammer and as bait.

He's not the easiest to use correctly and I have lost him once or twice to bad dice or a poor decision but I've also managed to use all his abilities to keep him alive far longer than you would expect a high-agility ace to survive.

Ember is Int 4 so he can finish off targets clipped by his higher-int allies. 

I kind of wish Ember was init 3 instead, then he could be thrown in a squad if generics and shoot last still after his allies have weakened them first. Init 4 is awkward in that he doesnt go amazingly well with generics but hes also not high enough to really be an ace but he does want to be paired with higher init pilots at least. 

Ember is Int 4 so he can finish off targets clipped by his higher-int allies. 

If Ember was a 5 he could still do this with multitude of wing mates. 

I guess I don’t fly /sf’s much, so they are a non thought for me. Probably to my doom though. Wanting to get Holo and 4 /sf’s on to see how that goes. 

1 hour ago, Archangelspiv said:

I guess I don’t fly /sf’s much, so they are a non thought for me. Probably to my doom though. Wanting to get Holo and 4 /sf’s on to see how that goes. 

If you use Zetas, you can upgrade one to LeHuse and give him a SF Gunner, at least. 

Posted (edited)

Do we like named SFs?? 

They feel very clunky to me. QD is not an ace like 1.0. The lack of nearly any double mod is the problem. 

i can see them with some FOs to take the heat away. But the Named SFs don’t like heat. So they can’t take it away from other aces. 

So you kinda gotta play ace less. Which is fine if that’s your cup of tea. 

Edited by Blail Blerg

3 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Do we like named SFs?? 

They feel very clunky to me. QD is not an ace like 1.0. The lack of nearly any double mod is the problem. 

i can see them with some FOs to take the heat away. But the Named SFs don’t like heat. So they can’t take it away from other aces. 

So you kinda gotta play ace less. Which is fine if that’s your cup of tea. 

Blail are you high buddy? People use them as pocket aces ALL the time.