Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
KCDodger

TIE/BADA**

Recommended Posts

12 hours ago, wurms said:

Holo + proud tradition

x3 Omega FOs + proud tradition

x2 Epsilon Cadet

 

Holo continues to impress. Just so many options with him. He starts out as a support, tossing focuses to self bumped epsilons, or FOs flying over debris.

Then once the enemy is spread apart and damaged he moves in and full mod shot erases a ship. Proud tradition is pure gold on him.

In every game I get a nice return on my 56pt investment. Probably wont ever have an FO list without him.

I think that’s the thing with Holo, he works great in a Ace+Generic list. But in a pure Ace list he could quickly be a liability, either to himself or another Ace. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Stay OT Leader said:

I will try;

Vonreg, Scorch, TN, Epsilon, Epsilon, Zeta /sf.  Six ships.

I am trying either 2x Provocateurs & 2 Silencer Engineers

Or Holo & 4 x Omega Experts. I generally don’t like to fly more than 4 ships, but this will be a brick of 4 with holo flying flank support. They *shouldn't*  get in each other’s way. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gave the /ba a first spin last night. It's....weird. I'm definitely keen on trying to "crack" it though. 

Flew Daredevil Vonreg, AdvOpt Kylo and Backdraft with all the trimmings (SpecFor Gunnner, Optics and Fanatical). It was a list a squadmate has struggled against and as he's going to the UK SystOpen, I thought I could help him with the practice. Had a fun couple of games (won one, lost the other). He's flying Boba/Genesis Red/Skull Sqd Fang.

Vonreg takes a lot to get used to, and I really struggled to figure him and his Fine-Tuned thrusters out. Not sure why it is I found it so "complicated", but I ended up agonizing about when to use it, paired with Daredevil and when to not... I think I just need the practice.

Keen to try Holo as well, with a mixed bag of FO bodies. At the moment I'm thinking of

Holo - Proud Tradition
"Scorch" - Fanatical, AdvOptics
"Muse" - Fanatical
"Backdraft" - Fanatical, AdvOptics
Epsilon Sqdr Cadet
Total: 197

What an odd little ship...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 1:38 PM, Archangelspiv said:

I am trying either 2x Provocateurs & 2 Silencer Engineers

This is what I'm flying for a while to understand the new chassis. I still struggle with the timing for Fine Tuned Thrusters.

TieBAs can pop so easily depending on dice variance. I debate if Deuterium Power Cells are worth the 9 pts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/5/2020 at 12:25 AM, Pretty Green said:

You REALLY need to read the rules at least once. This is like the tenth time you have had some misconception of the basic rules.

🤨 Only the tenth??? I could have sworn it's been a fair few more than ten times. On the plus side they at least ask when they're confused enough about an interaction, even with their apparent allergy to spending a bit of time going over the RR and FAQ.

Edited by Hiemfire

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, FastWalker said:

This is what I'm flying for a while to understand the new chassis. I still struggle with the timing for Fine Tuned Thrusters.

TieBAs can pop so easily depending on dice variance. I debate if Deuterium Power Cells are worth the 9 pts.

It’s the 10th Feb, still waiting on my LGS to get his shipment in. WP FFG. A lot of my LGS players are smashing out Armada because of the recent unreliability of X Wing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/7/2020 at 6:40 AM, bahourmat said:

Holo - Proud Tradition
"Scorch" - Fanatical, AdvOptics
"Muse" - Fanatical
"Backdraft" - Fanatical, AdvOptics
Epsilon Sqdr Cadet
Total: 197

What an odd little ship...

Very similar to what I flew this weekend. I went:

199 pts                                       

Holo - Proud tradition 

Lt. LeHuse - special forces gunner                

Scorch - Fanatical                                           

Muse - proud tradition                                    

Lt. Rivas

Holo is a lot of fun. His ability to swap between support to ace and vice versa on a whim keeps options open to make him unpredictable.  Lt. Lehuse easily gets double modded shots every round felt strong as well, even possible to shoot out of the rear and front, both modded. 

Lt. Rivas is an excellent blocker providing locks for Lt. LeHuse. Can also be used in a pinch to lock onto Holo if you really dont want to pass any other tokens to someone else.

For whatever reason people keep wanting to target Muse first which really doesnt hamper the list at all losing her. Honestly Tie Fos are really good at clearing stress there was never a turn where I felt that having Muse was clutch but if she keeps drawing enemy fire then shes worth it lol 

It felt strong saturday but Idk that this will end up being a super competitive list or anything but I do think Holo in a 4-5 ship list is a path worth pursuing. 

Edited by Jaysnipesinc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I get my TIE/BA this week and will get to try it out.   I'm interested to see how it works.  Not fully sure how to use it yet.

Question about Holo and what type of tokens he can pass.   Can he pass Ion tokens?  Can he pass enemy Target Locks?  I'm thinking yes on Ion, but not sure if he "owns" the TL.  

Holo + Proud Tradition is good as long as there are others nearby.  As soon as he has a shot without anyone nearby and has a Stress, someone is going to take the hit to flip that card.

Proud Tradition for anyone other than Holo would not be a good idea in my area.  I face off against so many generics that the first chance someone has to flip it will happen in a heartbeat.  

I almost think if Major Venreg can joust a single enemy ship, he might want to do so, as long as it's in Bullseye and he can pass a token to the enemy.  I presume a Depleted for someone he can't kill in that one shot and a Strain for anyone he can.   

On 1/26/2020 at 1:24 PM, KCDodger said:

Start with Generics. Trust me on this one.

Why start with Generics?  I often use Generics, but thought this was one ship that was more geared towards the named guys.  Or do you mean many generics of this ship?   Not sure if I am going to buy more than one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
26 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Question about Holo and what type of tokens he can pass.   Can he pass Ion tokens?  Can he pass enemy Target Locks?  I'm thinking yes on Ion, but not sure if he "owns" the TL.  

Yes and yes. TL is still a token that's assigned to him, you can shunt it to a ship that's hopefully out of the attackers arc. Also turn 1 have every friendly ship TL Holo. It may never matter but occasionally you might have a turn you don't want to move a token so moving a friendly TL gives you a freebie.

26 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

Proud Tradition for anyone other than Holo would not be a good idea in my area.  I face off against so many generics that the first chance someone has to flip it will happen in a heartbeat. 

Mostly agree but Muse is also a great carrier for Proud tradition. Also as the game goes on you can play a little looser with proud tradition as them suffering a crit can score you half points or maybe even destroy that ship so they're not as likely till do so just to make your focus red. Holo has a great dial after all, it's not that detrimental.

26 minutes ago, heychadwick said:

 I almost think if Major Venreg can joust a single enemy ship, he might want to do so, as long as it's in Bullseye and he can pass a token to the enemy.  I presume a Depleted for someone he can't kill in that one shot and a Strain for anyone he can. 

Keep in mind Vonreg assigns the deplete/strain in the system phase, not engagement. So this would be a joust you need to set up the turn prior. 

Edited by Jaysnipesinc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Jaysnipesinc said:

Keep in mind Vonreg assigns the deplete/strain in the system phase, not engagement. So this would be a joust you need to set up the turn prior. 

System phase!?!?  Dang, I need to pay attention.  What an odd, little ship. 

Thanks for the other answers.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jaysnipesinc said:

It felt strong saturday but Idk that this will end up being a super competitive list or anything but I do think Holo in a 4-5 ship list is a path worth pursuing. 

I agree,  I've tried Holo in 3 ship lists and it was disturbing to give kylo a deplete token.  It so much nicer to pass the deplete to a blocking Rivas...  

14 hours ago, Jaysnipesinc said:

For whatever reason people keep wanting to target Muse first which really doesnt hamper the list at all losing her. Honestly Tie Fos are really good at clearing stress there was never a turn where I felt that having Muse was clutch but if she keeps drawing enemy fire then shes worth it lol 

That's really interesting, I've been playing a similar list and most of my opponents either immediately went after lehuse or focused on him after rivas was destroyed.  

I really like these holo, lehuse, and friends lists it's a fun playstyle.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, reqent said:

That's really interesting, I've been playing a similar list and most of my opponents either immediately went after lehuse or focused on him after rivas was destroyed.  

I really like these holo, lehuse, and friends lists it's a fun playstyle.

Toss a naked backdraft in there for 39pts. That can take the heat of LeHuse, because backdraft becomes a threat on turn 2/3 of engagement with that rear arc, so people may try to go for him over LeHuse. If not, then you get 3 dice from backdraft once he flies over/around them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, heychadwick said:

I get my TIE/BA this week and will get to try it out.   I'm interested to see how it works.  Not fully sure how to use it yet.

Question about Holo and what type of tokens he can pass.   Can he pass Ion tokens?  Can he pass enemy Target Locks?  I'm thinking yes on Ion, but not sure if he "owns" the TL.  

Holo + Proud Tradition is good as long as there are others nearby.  As soon as he has a shot without anyone nearby and has a Stress, someone is going to take the hit to flip that card.

Proud Tradition for anyone other than Holo would not be a good idea in my area.  I face off against so many generics that the first chance someone has to flip it will happen in a heartbeat.  

I almost think if Major Venreg can joust a single enemy ship, he might want to do so, as long as it's in Bullseye and he can pass a token to the enemy.  I presume a Depleted for someone he can't kill in that one shot and a Strain for anyone he can.   

Why start with Generics?  I often use Generics, but thought this was one ship that was more geared towards the named guys.  Or do you mean many generics of this ship?   Not sure if I am going to buy more than one.

So that one's simple. The TIE/ba's chassis takes a little getting used to, because it's an entirely different system than what you're used to for most ships. It's a wonderful little gimmick. Since it has this thing going on for it, it's good to start with the generics, so then you can apply the logic you've learned to special pilots, rather than getting too used to the higher-I pilots' skills.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, wurms said:

Toss a naked backdraft in there for 39pts. That can take the heat of LeHuse, because backdraft becomes a threat on turn 2/3 of engagement with that rear arc, so people may try to go for him over LeHuse. If not, then you get 3 dice from backdraft once he flies over/around them.

Yeah I want to experiment with him.   I don't know if  backdraft will take a lot of fire from lehuse but backdraft will add some punch.    My last tournament lehuse brutalized my first opponent and people took notice.  

 

TIE/ba Interceptor - •“Holo” - 56
    •“Holo” - Trick of the Light (54)
        Proud Tradition (2)

TIE/sf Fighter - •Lieutenant LeHuse - 49
    •Lieutenant LeHuse - Unflinching Executioner (39)
        Special Forces Gunner (10)

TIE/sf Fighter - •“Backdraft” - 39
    •“Backdraft” - Fiery Fanatic (39)

TIE/fo Fighter - •Lieutenant Rivas - 27
    •Lieutenant Rivas - Inconvenient Witness (27)

TIE/fo Fighter - Epsilon Squadron Cadet - 25
    Epsilon Squadron Cadet - (25)

Total: 196/200

View in the X-Wing Squad Builder

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, reqent said:

Yeah I want to experiment with him.   I don't know if  backdraft will take a lot of fire from lehuse but backdraft will add some punch.    My last tournament lehuse brutalized my first opponent and people took notice.  

Why does Le Huse brutalize the enemy?  Is it just the double mods?   I guess if there are enough people with TL and you have opponents out the front and back....but...doesn't seem crazy.   Good, for sure, but not all that.  Maybe it's just the double mods and you don't see it too much in 2.0.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@heychadwick in that game he did 4 damage to a Stryker, the next round he did 3 damage to a reaper and 2 damage to an x1 one was fully modded the other was just a target lock.  At that point he got shot by everything that was still alive.   That type of damage output is pretty good for a 49 pt unit.  My opponent was really impressed by it.  

A 2 agility shipwith no defensive mods melts quickly so my opponents focused on it.  

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wanted to come say LeHuse is solid - cuz of the cheapness: 50 points for 3red, 6hull, 2agi, but at PS5 and with the option for back arcing. Is VERY competitive against a 40pt PS2 Xwing. 

The ability is gravy on top, it procs around 1.2 times a game at least, more if you have a lot of ships and build for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, reqent said:

That's really interesting, I've been playing a similar list and most of my opponents either immediately went after lehuse or focused on him after rivas was destroyed.  

I really like these holo, lehuse, and friends lists it's a fun playstyle.

Yeah, I think it was more just them focusing on the gimmick of proud tradition Holo throwing her the stress and then her removing the stress. They're definitely catching on though and hes getting more  attention already. 

2 hours ago, heychadwick said:

Why does Le Huse brutalize the enemy?  Is it just the double mods?   I guess if there are enough people with TL and you have opponents out the front and back....but...doesn't seem crazy.   Good, for sure, but not all that.  Maybe it's just the double mods and you don't see it too much in 2.0.

I must say LeHuse has been my top damage dealer every game so far. Hes getting double mods every round that I don't bump with him. And even then I'll sometimes pass the focus over to him from Holo depending on who has what shot. My game plan is to get Holo to the end game as the top ace left on the board. Before that Holo is playing supporty keeping at range 3 or out of arc taking longshots only dipping in when it's safe. More then once hes target lock evaded just to pass the evade over to LeHuse so Lehuse can have a focus, evade, and available TL during the engagement phase. But yes, LeHuse is strong cuz he shoots with double mods pretty much every round. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So, I played first Order for the first time at the UK SoS this weekend.

On day one I flew

  • Holo - Proud Tradition, Hull, Primed
  • Omega Leader - Fanatical, Optics
  • Scorch - Fanatical, Optics
  • Static - Fanatical, Optics

Static was dead weight every game, Scorch did work every game (Nothing revealing here). Omega Leader I took because Jedi, never saw them, but she did cause the Fangs and Boba to have kittens.

But this thread is about the Tie/Ba - I flew Holo over both days (11 Games total) and I really do think that the Chassis is solid, but I also think that overall, Holo is the better pilot. While PS6 on this ship will be good (Very good even) Ultimately, more often than not, that is all it will be, the pilot ability isn't that great. Holo as many other has said, Holo can swap between Support and Ace as needed on basically no notice, and outside the /SF  First order have great dials on their fighters for removing stress.

Over the 11 games (Including Sundays event), I triggered Proud Tradition about 8-10 times? Only 4 times was I "At risk" 3 times my Opponent declined to take the crit due to no Focus (Fen Rau on 2 health, Oicunn on 2 Health, Boba on 1) the 4th time it was a kill shot, I told my opponent that they can "overkill" by taking the crit, they replied "I didn't know that, you didn't have to tell me that, so I won't" - But it wouldn't of changed the game, as I had Holo and Omega Leader Vs Fen Rau

 

Also, while it is not Hyperspace legal, I think Ember/ Juke has potential

Edited by Shockwave

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

So, I played first Order for the first time at the UK SoS this weekend.

On day one I flew

  • Holo - Proud Tradition, Hull, Primed
  • Omega Leader - Fanatical, Optics
  • Scorch - Fanatical, Optics
  • Static - Fanatical, Optics

Static was dead weight every game, Scorch did work every game (Nothing revealing here). Omega Leader I took because Jedi, never saw them, but she did cause the Fangs and Boba to have kittens.

But this thread is about the Tie/Ba - I flew Holo over both days (11 Games total) and I really do think that the Chassis is solid, but I also think that overall, Holo is the better pilot. While PS6 on this ship will be good (Very good even) Ultimately, more often than not, that is all it will be, the pilot ability isn't that great. Holo as many other has said, Holo can swap between Support and Ace as needed on basically no notice, and outside the /SF  First order have great dials on their fighters for removing stress.

Over the 11 games (Including Sundays event), I triggered Proud Tradition about 8-10 times? Only 4 times was I "At risk" 3 times my Opponent declined to take the crit due to no Focus (Fen Rau on 2 health, Oicunn on 2 Health, Boba on 1) the 4th time it was a kill shot, I told my opponent that they can "overkill" by taking the crit, they replied "I didn't know that, you didn't have to tell me that, so I won't" - But it would of changed the game, as I had Holo and Omega Leader Vs Fen Rau

 

Also, while it is not Hyperspace legal, I think Ember/ Juke has potential

Really interesting list - what was your day one record? 
I took Holo, Kylo and two SFs to 3-3 and came away thinking about trying Midnight again after hitting a wall of Jedi and Boba Fenns

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Stagsquad13 said:

Really interesting list - what was your day one record? 
I took Holo, Kylo and two SFs to 3-3 and came away thinking about trying Midnight again after hitting a wall of Jedi and Boba Fenns

Well, considering 39 points of dead weight and never flying 1st order in 2nd ed before. Not great. I know how/ why I lost my first and 5th round games, but outside that - I need so much more practice.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Shockwave said:

Well, considering 39 points of dead weight and never flying 1st order in 2nd ed before. Not great. I know how/ why I lost my first and 5th round games, but outside that - I need so much more practice.

As @wurms advised me earlier in this thread.  I would reccomend swapping  out static for backdraft (39 points) you keep the initiative 4 and backdraft functions well without upgrades.   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Another Holo game under my belt. This time:

Holo with proud

Midnight

x2 init 1 Silencers

Vs

Cova,Wexley,Greer, Kazuda

Silencers got range 2 and 3 of his ships with a focus. Holo evaded and tossed it to range 2 silencer, so he shot at range 3 silencer. Plinked a shield off my silencer and i erased all of Wexleys. Midnight locked wexley and was safe behind a debris at range 3.

Next round Holo 1 sharped and locked and focused Greer, who was blocked by a silencer. Tossed the strain to midnight who was safe behind a debris. Wexley locked Holo (wont ever be used on Holo, but ok.)

Holo did 2 dmg to greer and a Silencer at range 1 focused finished greer.

I was concerned about cova 1 hard here, and snap 2 shard going for holo, I played it safe and banked away with Holo. Midnight flew over a debris while my silencers kturned behind Cova. His squad went hardcore for Midnight.

Holo tossed Midnight a focus.

Midnight fired and took three shots, never rolled an eyeball. On 1 hull, would die next turn. Holo took an evade for midnight but was barely out of range 2. Wexley had a focus and the lock was still on holo, so holo dumped the lock onto a silencer instead.

 

Holo banked behind debris for safety while one of my stress silencers did a 1 hard. Holo tossed him a focus for a range 1 on wexely while my other silencer had a range 2 focus on wexley. Wexley took two crits both the reduce agility by 1.

Wexely kturned with leia and focused, hoping to block holos hard 1. But holo slooped instead and proud tradition for a range 1 focus on wexley. He tossed his stress to a silencer and init killed Wexley before he could fore on my silencer.

Got half pts kaz as well before time ended. I loss midnight and half pts on a silencer.

Win!!

Edited by wurms

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...