Cuz05

What to do with Assaj?

I happen to think she's great. So many tools. Really very difficult to fly well, so I need to put some practice into it. I'm due some Extended and she is my current motivation.

I have various squads for her but nothing hugely settled, so I'm just generally interested in everything people do. Even down to actual decision making, beyond just list ideas....

But, list ideas ofc. It's the usual thing.

So. Some rambling.

Preferred upgrades for her for me, so far, in descending order of importance: Title, Heightened Perception, Contraband, 0-0-0 and.... nothing else but flavour and general overspending. 4-LOM crew is interesting though. Maybe Zuckuss.

I ran her the other day with just the 1st 2 cards, very much the minimum, and a pair of naked Bounty Hunters. They have decent coverage for taking advantage of the tractor and reasonable staying power. Its a very dice dependent thing though and a trio of big targets, given return fire is a thing and single mods aren't great.

Massively enjoyed Latts, Sunny and Assaj. That trio gained 12pts of room in the update and I'm keen to fly it again. Quite a lot of horror stashed in there, it's not very friendly. Also very match up dependant, gets hammered by a bunch of things. It entertains me, at least... Upgrading the Sunny slot with those 12pt doesn't appear to offer the squad a whole lot, but I could be missing something.

Firesprays are a bit of a jam atm though. Koshka strikes me as useful companion. I can fit her in with just 0-0-0 and have 50pt spare. A Fearless Skull for eg. 

4-LOM also barely fits in that 50, but still does. I swear I've seen this list and it looks a synergy winner. And maybe something that can get blown up real quick? But also be horrible to some things.

Maybe not a friend winner...

Surprisingly, naked Fenn and Teroch will fit with a slim HP Assaj. Which looks fun. Similar vein, a little while ago, I trod the boards with Swarm Fenn and a Recruit as wingmen, a build I saw here. Has a smidge more room now and seemed good at the time. Though times change.

Very alternatively, a chaff host of Scyks and mining TIEs may be a thing, but it seems to me you can't fit quite enough to make it worth it....

My own flights with her have suggested a somewhat problematic amount of strong time on target. Zoom and boom seems to suit her. Setting her up, and her mates to take best advantage at the right time, is the challenge. 

She can go slow, bump and still do work, thanks to all the passive shenanigans, but it doesn't strike me as best use. For that, there's Ketsu. Certainly useful on odd turns, to help with that time on target, but must be carefully done. Lock and evade are so good with the 2 force that her action is very valuable.

It's possibly not worth rotating and flying the kite, seems a waste, but she isn't quite the jouster that Ketsu is. With force and the ability, she can maintain some usefulness on the swivel. I've found the odd switch necessary against squirrelly opposition.

Lanes, lanes and more lanes. She's kind of big for an assassin.

So, what do you do?

Oh boy, as a Shadow Caster lover (my favorite ship to fly, either Ketsu or Asajj tbh) I'm always up for discussing it and share a couple of lists I have with it, prepare for a big ramble, but i hope it helps or makes you think about possibilities.

I'll start with talking about Asajj and my preffered upgrades for her. The upgrade I always place on her is actually not on your list which is Hate. It's certainly overcosted at 9 points, and sometimes it might not be all that useful, but it allows you to constantly have force, if you take 1 damage it's 50% of her forces recovered, if you constantly evade with her (which is awesome that Shadow Casters have that action) dealing Asajj damage is stupidly difficult, because the damage you do deal, is just gonna help her fend off the next attack. There was a game where my opponent actually chose not to attack Asajj because he knew she was going to return just as much fire if he dealt damage.

I don't use Asajj's ability at every chance I get, because sometimes i just want to save that Force for a TL + 2 Forces Attack but it's great to just take out a token or stress someone if in a strategic situation, like after they've k-turned and have no tokens.

In most of my lists I try to keep her as slim as possible, so I just take hate (which sounds contradictory since it's 9 points of upgrades but usually worth it) but now that Shadow Caster title is 1 point, i don't really see a reason not to take it. Even if just to throw someone onto a rock.

Lattz makes her super hard to kill, but those 7 points aren't nearly as useful as the 9 points you pay for hate, while Lattz depends on matchup (if you don't have hate, you have to be careful with how you spend her force), hate is used pretty much every game. However if you have points for both, it's fun.

I once tried the combo HP + Title with Fenn Rau flying besides her and it's pretty fun and interesting, I did notice that you have to be alot more careful when using her force however, during that game, I don't think I used her ability once.

I have yet to try Maul on her, but it seems like it might be interesting, since she gets 3 force and a soft hate feature (if you just put hate on her it might be great but expensive).

Kiting with her agaisn't low agility ships is fine and works well. Agains't aces it's like trying to catch water with a net. I usually prefer jousting with her, as in shoot with the big front guns, specially since my action with her is usually TL for that sweet double modded shot. So yes, making lanes is very important when placing the rocks, it's also great fun when she can jump behind everyone with her 5K-turn and still have force mods.

When I take her I mostly take clouds, she's a big clunky ship and the chances of eating a rock can be high if not careful and one turn on top of an asteroid can be enough to lose a game, since she's probably an 80+ points investment. Even with the strain change I think they're worth it.

Now I have 3 lists I know work well since I've done retavely well with them in tournaments, only one is with the new points however:

Asajj Ventress (72)    
    Hate (9)    
    Shadow Caster (1)    

Ship total: 82  Half Points: 41  Threshold: 5    

Bossk (62)    
    Greedo (1)    

Ship total: 63  Half Points: 32  Threshold: 6    

Prince Xizor (54)    
    Crack Shot (1)    

Ship total: 55  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 3    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z125X204WWWWW160Y153XWWWWW83WWWY148X116WWWW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

This is the one that only works with the new points, and it looks super weird I know, but honestly it's hilarious to fly and I haven't lost a game with it yet (haven't had terrible dice with it yet but I did face a vulture swarm, I haven't played agaisn't aces but I think it's going to be this list's weak spot). The trick here is that they're all I4, so you have as much freedom as possible, and Bossk is the bait, people always go after him since he has greedo and hits like a truck, when in reality he's one of the weakest links in the list. Xizor is actually great for a I4 semi-ace, if you take out the higher initiative ships he can deal with the rest alone, and if people go after him he can just redirect damage to Bossk. Asajj is actually the most important ship in the list, she can offer control by stressing opponent's and tractoring them, allowing you to kind of reduce the downside of the YV-666 and I4 ships.

Asajj Ventress (72)    
    Hate (9)    

Ship total: 81  Half Points: 41  Threshold: 5    

Old Teroch (56)    
Ship total: 56  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 2    

4-LOM (49)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    
    Mist Hunter (1)    

Ship total: 60  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 5    

Total: 197    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z125X204WWWWWY98XWY109XW111WWWW155W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

This list was actually at 200 points before the change, and it might be worth putting the title on Asajj but I have yet to think too much about it (since I have Teroch a bit of bid wouldn't hurt either). This is probably one of my favorite Second Edition lists, while the previous list was all about damage, this list is mostly about control, while being able to lay down the hurt. I have managed to mutiply stress enemy ships (one time quadruply stressed an enemy asajj) and Teroch + Asajj is awesome because it takes out their choice of losing the tokens to take a stress, same goes for a block with 4-LOM, while him being stressed. There's so much you can do with this list and that's what makes it fun for me.

Asajj Ventress (72)    
    Hate (9)    
    Latts Razzi (7)    

Ship total: 88  Half Points: 44  Threshold: 5    

Guri (64)    
    Outmaneuver (6)    
    Advanced Sensors (10)    
    Afterburners (6)    
    Virago (8)    
    Shield Upgrade (8)    

Ship total: 102  Half Points: 51  Threshold: 4    

Total: 190    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z125X204W47WWWWY147X126W111WW105W163W165&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

This one was before the points change as well so I got a few points (big few points). Out of all the 3 lists I'm showing here it's the one that least fits my playstyle, since I prefer to be aggressive and this list is more of the plink away and take none. Asajj is actually not super important here, but she ends up being really useful, in almost every game i played, everyone went for Asajj first, thinking they'd kill her off quickly and then deal with Guri, but if well played, Asajj can be really hard to kill, she can keep her distance or get evades at close range, and if the rocks are well placed (only list with which I took rocks), not having all your opponent's ships firing at the same time.

Well I could say more, but I think I've rambled on enough...

Sorry about the huge post, Asajj is one of my favorite pilots and there's so much you can discuss with her.

Edited by DanteStorm

59 minutes ago, DanteStorm said:

Well I could say more, but I think I've rambled on enough...

Sorry about the huge post, Asajj is one of my favorite pilots and there's so much you can discuss with her.

Excellent stuff, would gladly read more, thanks :)

I certainly need to try her with Hate. It's one I keep looking at and then baulking at the cost, compared to HP, CC with Title. Particularly when I'm so drawn to Maul as well, for max return... Force really elevates her ofc, so making the most of it with Hate makes good sense. I'll put it on the table.

HP is such a good fall back option though, being fairly cheap. Has to be combined with the title. It does cause force pool issues with her ability, can't have all the tools, all the time... If I'm not playing into it with higher init teammates, it doesn't come up at all often. But when it does, it can still be very clutch. I almost view it as a safety blanket though and should probably just be brave and go without :D

Love the Bossk, Xisor build. Partial to a Viper and it has similarities to my Latts, Sunny combo.

Old T and 4-LOM is a nasty bag of tricks! I don't think I've ever actually used her with Old T... Some kind divergence at work there, I've flown him a lot. 

Comparing notes, I feel like I'm leaning too hard on the tractor and should open my mind a bit there.

Lots to consider, thanks for your input! :)

I've run both double and triple lancers and the asajj build I seem to have settled on is simply Hate - and if the points allow IG-88 crew.

This keeps her cheap enough you can fit some fun stuff in with her, but makes her a legitimate threat on the table.

I'm thinking about something really bad but silly.

Asajj being Init 4 kind of makes me want to fly her with other Init 4s, and I love Fangs, so... Joy Reckoff and Kad Solus?

• Joy Reckoff (Fearless, Ion Torpedoes) 61- Joy is almost surely not worth it, but I still kinda want to put her on the table.  Having two charges of any-position Outmaneuver seems like it could be handy.  Roll 3 hits against a Soontir, and you've got a great time to activate the charge.  Range 1 nose-to-nose vs an X-Wing?  Well, they can only block one damage.  Still seems expensive, but might not be that bad in effect.
  • Kad Solus (Elusive) 57 - I kinda never leave home without Elusive on Kad, rightly or wrongly.
  • Asajj (Heightened Perception, Contraband Cybernetics, Shadowcaster, L3-37) 82 - L3 is mostly there because she costs 1 fewer point than 0-0-0, but it strikes me that she'd actually be pretty handy.  The blues on a Shadowcaster are good, but they're all fast.  Meanwhile, Shadowcasters have often felt really crit-susceptible to me, with their low shield count, and forcing an opponent to reroll crits seems pretty handy.
  • Total 200 points.  I figure these are folks who don't mind going first.

//

My only potentially serious contribution to Asajj is maybe L3-37.  Seems like something which could easily be useful.

13 minutes ago, theBitterFig said:

My only potentially serious contribution to Asajj is maybe L3-37.  Seems like something which could easily be useful.

Actually forgot about this one, I don't have the card. But it has definitely occurred to me before, all the blue blanks is super handy after the wonderful 5k.

Joy.... hrrrrrmmmm :D

Could combine quite terrifyingly with tractor though.

Edited by Cuz05

Hate Shots 

(54) Han Solo [Customized YT-1300 Light Freighter]
(4) L3-37
(5) 0-0-0
(1) Greedo
(7) Engine Upgrade
(4) Trick Shot
(3) Lando's Millennium Falcon

(29) Lando Calrissian [Escape Craft]
(6) Shield Upgrade
(1) Crack Shot

(72) Asajj Ventress [Lancer-class Pursuit Craft]
(2) Zuckuss
(9) Hate
(2) Contraband Cybernetics
(1) Shadow Caster

Total points: 200

i enjoy this lists as a fun play around :)

6 hours ago, Sir13scott said:

(2) Zuckuss

Zuckuss also seems like a nice piece for Asajj or any Lancer.  The 5K is great, but one sad thing about the Lancer is that it doesn't really have a way to leverage the really nice blue moves on the dial.  Zuckuss is a perfectly reasonable source of stress to clear.

Skull Squadron Pilot (47)    
    Crack Shot (1)    

Ship total: 48  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 2    

Fenn Rau (68)    
    Crack Shot (1)    

Ship total: 69  Half Points: 35  Threshold: 2    

Asajj Ventress (72)    
    Hate (9)    
    Qi'ra (2)    

Ship total: 83  Half Points: 42  Threshold: 5    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z101X116WY97X116WY125X204W55WWWW&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

I hadn't flown my Lancer(s) since first edition, and Asajj seemed like the most fun to start with, so I tried this a couple times this weekend.
Shield Upgrade is nice, and the only reason I put a Rigged Chute on her is the lack of other Illicit options, though I did end up using it in the second game.
Won the first match handily, then lost the second after making the mistake of separating the Skulls and Lancer by WAY too much.
It was fun, will try again.

Asajj Ventress — Lancer-class Pursuit Craft 72
Hate 9
0-0-0 5
Rigged Cargo Chute 4
Contraband Cybernetics 2
Shield Upgrade 6
Shadow Caster 1
Ship Total: 99
Half Points: 50 Threshold: 6

Skull Squadron Pilot — Fang Fighter 47
Fearless 3
Ship Total: 50
Half Points: 25 Threshold: 2

Skull Squadron Pilot — Fang Fighter 47
Fearless 3
Ship Total: 50
Half Points: 25 Threshold: 2

https://imgur.com/a/eRzpg63

20 hours ago, stuffedskullcat said:

So this, and the new Fang thread on the main board, made me realise I hadnt actually tried this:

(3) Heightened Perception
(1) Shadow Caster

(56) Old Teroch [Fang Fighter]
(3) Fearless

(54) Kad Solus [Fang Fighter]
(6) Outmaneuver

Total points: 197

I've flown the 2 Fangs a bunch, but not with Assaj. Once or twice with Ketsu maybe. Normally Elusive on Kad but the Lancer point reductions helps fit more and I love a bit of Outmanouvre to increase damage potential. One thing that Elusive Kad can sometimes struggle with.

I can go Elusive and finally try Assaj with Hate, but shooting before Old T is going to have an impact. 

One of the reasons I think I haven't tried it is that arc coverage seems a bit delicate. I've had Latts with the Fang pair and she's simply ON IT until she's dead or the opposition is. Buys the Fangs a lot of time and space, it's a balance I understand. I'd need to work on timing my collective sweeps with these 3.

I may also be tempted to try her with 4-LOM, Cybernetics, Title and 3 Recruits for 200. More coverage and I'll be taking 3 Fangs anyway.... Then I'll just blast on in and do whatever. I'd go Hate here but ofc it doesn't fit :(

After mangling a thousand different Assaj lists together this week, I gave up and packed her with the Recruits. Simple.

Then last second changed my mind and took the Bus instead. Because these 2 are just such stupid fun together.

(57) Latts Razzi [YV-666 Light Freighter]
(6) Jabba the Hutt
(10) Han Solo
(4) Trick Shot

(5) 0-0-0
(9) Hate
(2) Electronic Baffle
(1) Shadow Caster

(27) Sunny Bounder [M3-A Interceptor]
(3) Autoblasters

I didn't think about where the extra 12pt went super hard. I just spent it all on Assaj.

I reckon if you understand the various threats and really plan what to do against it, you probably beat it quite easily with anything. It takes damage. But woe unto thee who is unprepared.

Baffle is a sudden curve ball that hit me. Daft idea on a 91pt ship, but every turn is clutch with these. Anything that helps switch on the annihilation wave is worth it. We don't go for point victories here anyway, so  *** it, all in!

Assaj baffles off a stress on the 5k to recharge a force and open the dial. It's actually good value on just the one use. Less so after that....

Combo with CC for double 5k. Jabba is also nearby, if you fancy a 3rd. Although then the Bus might have to move.

0-0-0 doubling up on Assaj's ability, with recharging force, is quite nasty.

Sunny always buys at least a couple turns of chaos. And every turn really, really does matter.

Had enough fun that I'm probably just gonna take it to MKO for Sunday. If you play me, I apologise already. I expect I'll have all my Fangs with me as well though, gotta be prepared :)

Other 3rd ship candidates in this particular list are quite numerous, with Assaj wisely slimmer. I've had Nom Lumb, Graz, a Crack Skull, a Recruit, G4R, a SLSurveyor and a Viper run through the list blender with them this week. 

Another idea I had and gave up today, because I couldn't picture the whole everything is going on. 4-LOM and SDV. Because sure, why not randomly chuck Ion at people as well, while you recharge force and set up your blue 1 straight. I'll inflict this on someone at some point, but not this wknd :D

I do understand that using a self destructive 92pt ship as your alpha strike is not great X Wing. But still.

I kinda want to build a 100pt Assaj now.

Edited by Cuz05

A simple assaj with sense is pretty good. Add 3 zealous recruits.

Or, use her stress ability to trigger bt1 on bossk.

Asajj Ventress (72)
Hate (9)
Shadow Caster (1)

Bossk (62)
IG-88D (3)
Lando Calrissian (8)
BT-1 (2)
Contraband Cybernetics (2)

Zealous Recruit (41)

My last game with Asajj had the following:

• Asajj, 0-0-0, Hate, Title, Rigged Cargo [91]
  • 4-LOM, Advanced Sensors, Title, Autoblasters [63]  (After game think Elusive > Autoblasters)
  • Zuvio, Prox mines, Pattern Anaalyzer [44]
  • [198 total]

Hate worked good, but mostly because I was facing equal and lower initiative pilots. 

0-0-0 + Asajj + 4-LOM handed out quite a bit of stress. Making the tractor from Title and tug much better.  The choice to take the 90 degree turn became a real hard one.

But I will definitely try out your variant too.

Jabbanetic busses is becoming a favourite for me to fly.

1 hour ago, Bort said:

0-0-0 + Asajj + 4-LOM handed out quite a bit of stress. Making the tractor from Title and tug much better.  The choice to take the 90 degree turn became a real hard one.

Debris is a real winner with this as well. My last 2 games have seen Wedge and Malarus severely compromised with a pile of stress from the combo. 

It suits Latts in mine too. Since it's barely consequential for her in hulk mode, she can park on it and get the powerful double mod Trick Shot.

Currently debating on the asteroid/debris ratio. I've had 2 rocks in the past, for defensive tractor throws, but double/triple stressing someone tends to keep their arc off your ships pretty well. 2x Debris is likely my choice next time.

Also noticed, Seevor can replace Sunny, if I'm really trying to stake a claim to my own little corner in h*ll. Shame I can't effectively work in the SDV sh*tshow there as well.

Flew this in a couple games at the SO yesterday and had an absolute barrel of laughs with it.

(57) Latts Razzi [YV-666 Light Freighter]
(6) Jabba the Hutt
(10) Han Solo
(4) Trick Shot

(5) 0-0-0
(9) Hate
(2) Electronic Baffle
(1) Shadow Caster

(30) Captain Seevor [Modified TIE/ln Fighter]

Rocked up against 2x Defender and just switched them off. Its not a nice match up for them and with good double D experience myself, I knew how to deny them. He walked into the perfect storm and allowed me to rattle off my ideal event order of horror.

Blocked Ryad at R1 of Latts with Assaj. Spent Latts lock on her to tractor. Triple Z'd a calc, spent a force to stress her, then put all 3 R1 shots in. Then 5k, baffle back up to full force. Ryad died next turn. Vessery gave Seevor a thing to jam, but only once before he followed.

Then played what I thought would be an auto-loss, a Sloane Swarm.

This list runs out of steam, with the Jabbanetics on a clock and Assaj's stress pressure-5k-repeat whittling her health, it needs to smash things off the table fast. I can't really avoid taking shots, so 5+ ships just has too many guns to remove before the tank runs dry.

But holy cow, the Sloane game was one of the most fun games I've ever played and turned out to be possibly winnable. Didn't care over much about taking the stress.

With a nicely placed debris, Assaj in full flow and my oppo opting into all the stress, he ended up scattered and unable to turn anyone round. Must have been around 20 stress on the table at one point.

Assaj used baffle to recharge force a few times after 5ks and kills. Maintain double stress on TIEs so they can't turn, kill one, baffle 1 Sloane stress, blue move the other, action, 000, full force for ability, repeat. Reaper was a bit too quick on the run to knock off, which was the key once Latts dropped- way too early thanks to a tactical misjudgement.

Finished up 200-140ish to him. Assaj battered them almost alone before the stress began to wear off and allow more than one unmodded gun or 2 on her. At that point, health was too low to last ofc. I was not overly careful with it :D

Seevor might well drop. He hasn't had much to jam, lol.

Feels more useful and disposable to park him in the mix as a foul up, Sunny tends to pop a bit quick for limited impact, used that way and works better as a flanker. Seevor is not quite such a priority target. May require some finessing on the approach to work out which suits the big girls best.

Assaj is an absolute monster like this. Perhaps not competitive, but a total joy. Fun with the Bus, the roadblock/zoom dynamic seems to work well. If the Bus and filler soak enough attention and deal enough damage, the CC/Baffle/Hate/000/ability combo is properly off the scale. Frees up the force + lock/evade options so much.

11 hours ago, dunhop said:

One way I find to give Seevor more teeth is to arm him with Snap Shot. So much fun. Love the list!

I'd love to fit that in, it would be horrendous. I think 0-0-0 and Baffle would likely be the things to go. Might even improve the list slightly. Definitely want some more games with that Assaj though :)

I actually played Asajj, Latts, Plutt yesterday vs. Boba Koshka.

I enjoyed the game.  Both Asajj and Jabbernetic Bus are fun ships to fly.   But I did end up losing horribly.  There were some unfortunate dice results. I had target-lock + focus on Latts almost every turn, and I think I used the focus maybe once.  I roll blanks so much.  But mostly I got outflown by a very good player.

Think I stripped Boba's shields.  Koshka had 2 dmg on.  And I was left with Latts with like maybe 10 stress, 6 hull, and nothing else.

Latts, Jabba, Contraband, Han [75]

Asajj, 0-0-0, Shadow Caster, Baffle, Hate [89]

Plutt, Proximity Mines [36]

Lost Plutt before he could drop the 2nd mine, but only because Plutt ended up between the 2 firesprays and became an easy target.  Never used the Baffle (contraband would probably have been better).  Never used Latts' ability.  The ship with the target lock never ended in R1.

Plan to next time switch Latts for Bossk and go for a more aggressive list.  Maybe drop 0-0-0 for the points.   Probably swapping out Plutt for a more aggressive option as well.  Sunny / Seevor.

*EDIT.  PS.  I don't own any Debris fields (hoping that the obstacles box will actually hit South Africa some day), and I do think this list will do better with Debris than asteroids.  Mostly because it gives the Bus a better play field.

Edited by Bort

2 hours ago, Bort said:

I actually played Asajj, Latts, Plutt yesterday vs. Boba Koshka.

Wahey, great minds think alike!

I thought of Unkar purely because a mate said he was gonna bring a dumb Dash build for our janky post SO shake down. So I figured I might troll him with excessive tractor :D

BoFrost is an absolutely top list and this here is a real tough thing to fly against meta squads.

Debris certainly makes a difference to Latts, but it ties in with her Trick Shot an awful lot as well. The freedom to just move into it is handy. Latts trick is where a lot of my damage output comes from.

Placement, timing and trajectory are everything. Assaj obviously needs a good selection of lanes to throw the 5k and 3 speeds through, (and room to avoid committing too soon), while Latts wants cover, protection and that extra red. You basically have to use the field perfectly.

Debris would matter less against twin Sprays, since one of the other main benefits is throwing/ blocking ships onto it and dropping Assaj stress on them.

I'm wary of overusing Latts lock action. Against 2 ships, reinforce isn't going to do a lot, but it can still be the right choice at times. If I have her parked with obstacle cover, 2 defence dice and reinforce can drop a fair bit of damage off her.

Assaj doesn't really want to be the primary target, but if you can take a 1st strike on the chin, (evade!), and then force a target switch, you can buy an extra turn or 2 of Latts double mod Trick Shot and swing things hugely.

A lot rides on when and where you move the Bus, once she's targeted. I've lost a couple games purely because I stopped, rather than moved. It can just be down to a gamble a lot of the time.

I imagine one thing with BoFrost that makes it hard is their capacity for tanking shots and overshooting the Bus. It's possbly easier for them to bait/switch on Assaj, gain a positional advantage and nuke the Bus before it's done enough work on them. If you make the Bus impossible to pass and hang it back, they can chase down Assaj and win that way. Their tractor resistance also means they aren't quite so afraid of you and aren't likely to be herded in directions you choose.

Tough one, but our guns are just as good as theirs if you can get the trades you want.

A Zealous Recruit would be a nice aggressive 3rd, if you went that way.

Good luck in your next game!

TL;DR - Got the idea then wanted to make a list:

Asajj Ventress (72)    
    Heightened Perception (3)    
    Maul (12)    
    Shadow Caster (1)    

Ship total: 88  Half Points: 44  Threshold: 5    

Torani Kulda (48)    
    Cluster Missiles (5)    

Ship total: 53  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 5    

Old Teroch (56)    
    Fearless (3)    

Ship total: 59  Half Points: 30  Threshold: 2    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Scum and Villainy&d=v8ZsZ200Z125X72W48WWWW160Y129XWW98WWWY98X121W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Went in to building asajj first, the first thing I equiped was maul as 2 force - 3 force jump for me seems really powerful. Maul is the perfect force crew for asajj and a light hate for the cost of a stress is close to perfection.
Second I thought the best way to go was HP and title as teh combo with the extra force with maul makes it less draining to her force supply.

The next thing I did was go through all the I4 ships so they can move at the same time as asajj and spotted Kulda with a similar ability. He/She? can remove tokens if in bullseye but also deal damage if they don't have any. A auto include with Kulda is the cluster missles so you can trigger the ability twice. I thought I would leave it like that before adding anything else that was unnessersary. 

I was looking at other I4s and nothing seemed to fit. So next was token strippers, I thought of palob or seevor but both either didnt seem like I had enough points or too many left over that would be thrown on just to count to 200. Then I came to OT and he just seemed to fit. Slap on the beutiful fearless and its 200. I have never played with this list so don't know if it will be any good but in theory its looking pretty good.

The perfect set up:

Teroch R1, Kulda at R2, Asajj R1/2. 

Start of Engagment:
(Maybe asajjs ability) Teroch removes tokens,
Asajj shoots with HP and either puts ship on rock, in R1 of teroch so he gets defensive bonus or in bullseye of kuldra.
Teroch shoots
Kulda shoots and does his ability twice with missles, both times will be hits because they dont have tokens to remove.

31 minutes ago, K13R4N said:

TL;DR - Got the idea then wanted to make a list:

Fair :D

I'd slap R5-TK and Failsafe on Torani, swap Fearless for Predator on OT to make room, then lock Assaj or Terry early. If it comes up, you shoot your own ship, cancel results, spend 1 charge to bonus fire on the enemy and double proc Torani that way. Saves playing the I4 TL lottery.

Fearless is boss on OT though.

I only had a Fly Casual test flight with HP, Maul Assaj, but I totally ran all my force out early. They didn't shoot her and she ended up pretty starved. That meant that, although she could shoot 1st, she was a bit limp and didn't hit reliably enough to make a difference :D

I dare say it could be flown a great deal better....

3 minutes ago, Cuz05 said:

Fair :D

I'd slap R5-TK and Failsafe on Torani, swap Fearless for Predator on OT to make room, then lock Assaj or Terry early. If it comes up, you shoot your own ship, cancel results, spend 1 charge to bonus fire on the enemy and double proc Torani that way. Saves playing the I4 TL lottery.

Fearless is boss on OT though.

I only had a Fly Casual test flight with HP, Maul Assaj, but I totally ran all my force out early. They didn't shoot her and she ended up pretty starved. That meant that, although she could shoot 1st, she was a bit limp and didn't hit reliably enough to make a difference :D

I dare say it could be flown a great deal better....

I mean I scanned it 🤷‍♂️ 
I like the R5 interaction 👌

Asajj is definally one of the harder ships to fly, without repo and being low I the only way to do well is the force resource management, I can imagine learning when NOT to use HP is a massive part of any HP Asajj list. Is their ever a time not to give your opponent a tractor token with HP if both your ships have a shot?

R1 of teroch = YES
able to put onto a rock = YES
Into bullseyes = YES

Even in general for the -1 green dice when is that a bad idea within R2?

You have to hit the target so not doing HP against aces before you have a lock to make sure you get 3 hits (or at least the best odds)

2 hours ago, K13R4N said:

I can imagine learning when NOT to use HP is a massive part of any HP Asajj list. Is their ever a time not to give your opponent a tractor token with HP if both your ships have a shot?

HP shots should only be used when there's a crystal clear benefit imo. Eg, a 2ag, I5/6 ace parked next to a rock or in position to be yanked from R2 to R1 of your own ace. Particularly if they're a Fang.

Flipside, against a tokened up 3ag ship at R3, it's likely just going to be a waste of force.

So it requires some set up, rather than just going for it.

Clutch Init kills can come up ofc, but I wouldn't put it on her just for that.

So definitely, very careful management is key with it. You'll likely want to have your 2nd force to make it hit, locks are unreliable. With no Hate, you can easily end up never being able to use 2 force in one turn again if you've not made a decent dent. 

Ofc, if your HP shot turns the tide. Then you'll get to use it again :)

There's never a bad time to tractor something, but -1 ag for a single follow up shot in exchange for 1 or 2 force is not a particularly good trade. Better to just wait for the right moment.

One simple way to look at it is just numbers. 2 force = 2 hits. If you're not adding or subtracting 3+ potential hits for those 2 force, it's generally not worth it.