Tri3

Imperial Bunker - Let down

if im honest I probably wasn't going to be getting this set anyways, but does anyone else feel that its a bit smaller than they were expecting? I watched the Vid and I think Crabbok mentioned it as well. I dunno but I thought it was going to be bigger, at least for the price it is at as well.

23 hours ago, theBitterFig said:

It can get there...

I'm thinking about a lot of older Guild Ball models.  Really dynamic, but I kind of like the still-nice newer plastic versions more.

Old Velocity tips over like mad, breaks really easily, and is hard to transport to and from the FLGS.  A sad fate for machina Megan Rapinoe.

velocity.jpg

The new Plastic one (far left) still is is quite dynamic, but stays over the base, and just looks good.

9Ji3eauJSDkrH16FfoLQ_SFGBENG-002-Enginee

I love the new Engineer sculpts so much that I bought both boxes, even though I already have the metal ones :D

On 1/26/2020 at 4:11 PM, Derrault said:

Ugh, yeah hard pass on those. 
Edit: Funnily enough, this thread inspired me to order a bunker. 

It's a pretty cool bunker isn't it? :P

Also screw you all for mentioning GW fragile models. Anytime someone does it one of my Thorns of the Briar Queen models spontaneously breaks an arm inside the foam tray.

Personally I am happy with all the little parts, I would rather spend money on something that is super detailed and as far as the little bits go, I’ve been putting models together for years so that’s just part of the territory. But the detail is absolutely amazing sure the 2-part roof is a little odd, but hey good money for a absolutely amazing detailed model try to find a cheaper kit from any other company with the level of detail included in this one not gonna find it, I for one hope for more products like this one, and as someone else said I would love some smaller terrain pieces as well. All in all fantasy flight has blown away all expectations of what I was hoping legion would be Waiting on more original trilogy material as the options for the Galactic civil war are almost endless.....General Mohc and Darktroopers  😉 

I don't understand the complaint.  This whole game is about building models, painting, and adding your own flair.  If you don't want to do the little bits - skip them?  If you want to do the model the way its on the back of the box - do that and enjoy the professionally posed mini?  I love this game and love that its adding a bunch of new ways to enjoy the hobby of it.  I just unboxed mine and man, I can't wait to build this thing.

Edited by docForsaken

so the computer terminals are an interesting item. when I saw they had separate screens I thought, "oh man you could light those things" infact the way the kit is designed im sure a skilled modeler could light the whole thing and it would look amazing.

but they didn't do the smart thing and cast the computer screens in clear plastic. so its kind of an oddly engineered kit. but well nobody is Bandai on their first try.

55 minutes ago, magnumhan said:

it disgusted me so that i went out and got two of them....

....................man it really does tie the gamemat together though......

right slabhappy in the center of my table....

Need pictures when you get it all painted up!

I bought one as well, just opened it yesterday.

Like every wargame scenery it is a bit pricey but the quality is high! No comparison possible to the 3d printed ones. And the indoor details, door... Are all welcomed

For sure it will be a huge centerpiece on the battleground.

Edited by Krakus

41 minutes ago, KommanderKeldoth said:

I'm already considering getting a 2nd one to put them back to back to create a huge bunker interior

I will not just because of storage issue :(

Those teeny tiny roof details were a pain in the butt but beyond that it seems pretty well thought out. I had an easy time magnetizing the roof and back wall. B1s nearly killed me though. I did two sets and started on sets 3-5 and burned out so I put them aside for a month.

Played Act 1 for the first time last night. It was a lot of fun. Both of us made tactical mistakes in concentrating too much on killing each other and waiting too long to capture or free units.

Looking forward to Act 2 and playing it all over with different lists, changing sides, and learning from mistakes.

Only assembled the door so far, but that was enough for gameplay. Need to get details assembly and painting it into my queue.