manoftomorrow010

A New Generation - Phase II Clones

Clones excel at posting up and combining pools to delete units. Mix a squad with a mortar and a Z-6 in Fire Support, and you can get the the benefit of shooting twice at a unit (Suppressive), while getting to avoid pesky Nimble and cover.

swl61_mortar_phase-two-trooper-card.png

Edited by PalpShuttle
spelling

I'm a huge fan of the mortar as a heavy weapon, since if you want to stay put, you throw 6 black dice with crit 1 and suppressive as a full squad. That's pretty good lol Take That Clankers makes the full squad range 4

Also, move, standby, with Overwatch. Or, hold them and let other Clones do the standby, etc.

Love having a suppressivle heavy weapon for the clones because a big negative on Fire Support to me was always the fact that they only give one suppression for 2 units attacking. Problem solved now! Cumbersome probably won't even effect them that much if they get Overwatch as their training. So many other options for training though meaning so many different ways to use these guys cant wait to get them on the table

Just now, John79 said:

Don't know if it's the digital render, but the poses look wooden.  The guy on his knee and helmet off looks odd.

Yeah, I'm hoping that the arms fit perfectly on one of the standing bodies, since I think the Z-6 looks weird on a kneeling trooper.  

9 hours ago, Zrob314 said:

I mean it's only Critical 1.  

You might get to avoid those things.  

Sorry, I meant that using Fire Support can be good work around repeat offenders like Nimble and cover, because you only have to deal with one instance of dodge tokens and cover saves because it's one attack

3 hours ago, PalpShuttle said:

Sorry, I meant that using Fire Support can be good work around repeat offenders like Nimble and cover, because you only have to deal with one instance of dodge tokens and cover saves because it's one attack

Yeah, while it doesn't outright avoid them, it does minimize their impact on the attacks. But in exchange you place at least one less Suppression.

17 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Yeah, while it doesn't outright avoid them, it does minimize their impact on the attacks. But in exchange you place at least one less Suppression.

Exactly, making the mortar's Suppressive keyword that much better in Fire Support

6 minutes ago, PalpShuttle said:

Exactly, making the mortar's Suppressive keyword that much better in Fire Support

You're still losing one Suppression though, since did you fired both units separately there would be the chance of placing 3. Overall, keyword stacking with Fire Support if pretty powerful.

1 hour ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

I think the best Fire Support candidate for weapon keywords with the Phase II boys, right now, is a long range shot from the DC-15 added to a Phase II pool with the Mortar.

Critical 1 and Suppressive on 6 black and 2 red.

Wouldnt that be critical 2? Doesnt the dc-15 have critical 1 as well?

Is anyone else slightly disappointed that, unlike the box art, none of these clones come with kamas or additional shoulder pads (aside from the captain)? I was hoping to paint them as the 327th like the box art depicts! I still can't wait for them, but hopefully we'll get an equipment pack for them later or something. 

44 minutes ago, CaptMook said:

Is anyone else slightly disappointed that, unlike the box art, none of these clones come with kamas or additional shoulder pads (aside from the captain)? I was hoping to paint them as the 327th like the box art depicts! I still can't wait for them, but hopefully we'll get an equipment pack for them later or something. 

Could do it with green stuff

6 hours ago, CaptMook said:

I'm hoping that someone will have a 3d print option if that isn't too hard. I would totally buy those if they fit.

Edited by JBar

On 1/23/2020 at 7:45 PM, manoftomorrow010 said:

if you want to stay put, you throw 6 black dice with crit 1 and suppressive as a full squad. That's pretty good lol Take That Clankers makes the full squad range 4

Am i missing something? How does the full squad become range 4? 

1 hour ago, sigidi said:

Am i missing something? How does the full squad become range 4? 

Special text on that specific command card. “When a friendly trooper unit performs a ranged attack while having a faceup order token and an Aim token, during the "gather a attack dice pool" step that unit can increase the maximum range of every weapon by 1 (to a maximum of 4).”

As long as you do your part to set it up, it’s legitimate. The unit can aim + shoot because the token isn’t flipped until after the activation. Or, if a previous activation had fed them an aim token like spotter, they could use that.