(4) Advanced Optics

(51) Kare Kun [T-70 X-wing]
(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

(36) Tallissan Lintra [RZ-2 A-wing]
(1) Heroic
(4) Advanced Optics

Total points: 199

One of my current 2 HS lists has the same Nodin has you, but with an Ion Cannon, Zizi with Heroic, Snap Shot (allowing you to get the extra focus or evade early, possibly), and Ion Missiles (to double down on the Ion threat), and then slightly downgraded X's - Jess and Bastian - who nonetheless have arguably better mod access

I like the idea of Ion Cannon on the transport. How does that work out in play? Would Advanced Optics on the transport generate better damage, or does the ion effect end up being useful?

I don't have experience flying either set-up.

Flew this list for a minute and did pretty well with it.  It's for extended only but thought I would share.  I tried Talli instead of Greer but I love his ability so much more.

Ello Asty (55)    
    Heroic (1)    
    Integrated S-Foils (0)    
    Ship total: 56  Half Points: 28  Threshold: 4    

Nien Nunb (55)    
    Heroic (1)    
    Integrated S-Foils (0)    
    Pattern Analyzer (5)    
    Ship total: 61  Half Points: 31  Threshold: 4    

Greer Sonnel (36)    
    Crack Shot (1)    
    Heroic (1)    
    Ship total: 38  Half Points: 19  Threshold: 2    

Nodin Chavdri (36)    
    Korr Sella (6)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Ship total: 44  Half Points: 22  Threshold: 4    

Total: 199    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Resistance&d=v8ZsZ200Z299X172WWW175WWWY298X172WWW175W206WWY270X116W172WWY352XWWW245WW5W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Edited by Boba Fatt

6 hours ago, Greebwahn said:

... Zizi with Heroic, Snap Shot (allowing you to get the extra focus or evade early, possibly), and Ion Missiles (to double down on the Ion threat) ...

Intriguing way to trigger her ability!  In my limited experience w/ Snap Shot, high-IN pilots have had a harder time triggering it compared to low-IN pilots, since most ships get to set their dials while knowing exactly where high-IN ships will be during their activation.  Do you have tips for triggering Snap Shot more consistently when carried by high-IN pilots?

Edited by bitsai

7 hours ago, bitsai said:

Do you have tips for triggering Snap Shot more consistently when carried by high-IN pilots?

I find that many lower-IN ships will be moving in your way to block you. That way you can fire Snapshot, and get the focus. This way you at least get a focus token and the possibility of damage/token stripping if you are indeed blocked!

Yeah I second @Glyph 's advice for Snapping. As for Ion Cannon on Nodin, if you have the points, adding AdOps and PerCo makes that Cannon a REAL threat, but I think that simply the Cannon with Nodin's normal focus is more than enough to make a difference