astronautcowboy

Struggling to settle on a Republic list (Hyperspace)

I have a tournament coming up and am trying to settle on a Hyperspace-legal Republic list.

This is where my head is at currently, though I’ve considered everything from an all i5 list (“Oddball,” woof), four named Jedi, and a three-ship ace list that tries to make Y-Wing Anakin work.

Any thoughts on this list? I’m particularly curious how people feel about Ahsoka. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!

(48) Obi-Wan Kenobi [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(4) Calibrated Laser Targeting

(42) Ric Olié [Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter]
(2) Daredevil

(44) Ahsoka Tano [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(2) Calibrated Laser Targeting

(41) Anakin Skywalker [Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter]
(3) Passive Sensors
(13) Proton Torpedoes

Total points: 199

You are right to avoid Y-Wing Anakin.

Little Ani is great though! Gold Squadron were pushing a Plo and Obi with CLT and then Little Ani with Passive Sensors and Pro Torps and Broadside with Ion.

My preference would always be for Plo over Ahsoka because he's similarly supporty but with better initiative.

My current favourite Hyperspace list for Republic is here, but you don't say if you have any Arcs so I'm not sure it would work for you.

29 minutes ago, Waldorf28 said:

My current favourite Hyperspace list for Republic is here, but you don't say if you have any Arcs so I'm not sure it would work for you.

I do have two ARCs, I’m just bearish on 1-dice ships in this meta, which is why I also avoided the Y-Wing.

I agree that one green dice eventually melts but that's their job I suppose. They sure hit hard on the first few turns once coordinated with Battle Meditation and have excellent time on target with their rear facing arcs. If it's not your playstyle it's not your playstyle though. I've always enjoyed me some beef :).

I second Plo instead of Ahsoka! While Ahsoka is superb with 7b, I'd much rather have Plo, along with Obi, with CLT, because they have good ability to line it up. As for the other two, I have no strong opinions about N1s. I'm neither convinced for nor against their merits, but I do think Ric needs that little droid that can use an evade as a calculate

Little Ani with Intimidation is great. It's the only pilot with Force Charge and a Talent Slot, as far as I am aware. And the fact he can do roll and boost or two rolls means, he is also the most unpredictable when it comes to where he ends up after the maneuver. Pair him with a Sense Obi and you can block for days. Also... 5 x Jedi Knigt with CLT is a thing. You can even fit Little Intimidation Annie with 4 xCLT Jedi.