Sign in to follow this  
guest468638

Dampen Light and the Operations Phase

Hello!

I have a question concerning Dampen Light (CS-F120).  The card reads:  Spell.  Action:  Until the end of the phase, raise the cost to play cards by 1. 

My question is pretty simple.  Do I have a chance to play this card at the beginning of my opponents Operations Phase to make all his cards cost 1 more for the turn?  I'm used to playing other games where effects like this are very good and can be played at any time but CoC has different timing rules.  Any clarification would be nice.  

Thanks in advance!

- SF

Your opponent has the option of taking an action first, so probably plays a character or support. However, you can then play DL and could limit/shut down opponent's ability to play other characters/supports for that phase.

Unfortunately, your opponent gets a chance to play something first, so cards like Dampen Light and Dreamlore Documents are really lessened in effectiveness.

Dampen light is not so bad if you play it during your turn at the beginning of your story phase to avoid your opponent plays some event cards.

Dreamlore Documents, yes it's useless.

JesseOlivier said:

its a shame really. Dampen light, the first time i read it seemed so full of potential. still decent though

It seems like one of those decent "situational" cards that are pretty good when things line up, but thats a rare occurrence.  I honestly look for cards that have multiple impacts when I build a deck.  I don't use "Dampen Light" very often, unless I throw it into a deck I'm using to teach people the game.