UnitOmega

French Leaks

4 minutes ago, UnitOmega said:

1579624822804.png

Discord is reporting the following list of upcoming expansions, as leaked by the french. This was mentioned in the Future Units thread but I figured it's own clickbait thread might generate more discussion. Very interesting spread to see if true. 

I almost hope it isn't true simply because I want everything on that list! My wallet will be hurting.

There are some really interesting things on that list. Looks like operatives for republic and CIS along with special forces and additional support choices. Inferno squad is very exciting. Maybe Inferno and Clan Wren are unique units? ARC troopers and commando droids are very very exciting!

1 minute ago, Mad Maximus said:

So far, I only play Rebels. But I have an Imperial Army too. I've started building a Republic Army. But my 11 year sons play Clones & Droids. So I'm buying craploads of Legion Stuff <frown>

Tell me about it. The only faction I don't play is rebels, so seeing this list makes my inner child very happy but my wallet very upset. 

12 minutes ago, thehoffman2787 said:

How many factions do you play?

My son and I both play. We started with Imperial and Rebels. We switched to Republic (me) and Separatist (son) when those factions were released and cut back on the previous factions. However, Inferno Squad and Clan Wren are too cool to pass up on. I will likely pass on Padame, since I want a clone/Jedi army and will pass on anything else, with the exception of Mandalorians if they are ever introduced for Republic.

My daughter has shown interest and she wants to play Rebels. (They have the best female characters.)

Edited by Darth 2Face

Having played Rebels on release until Republic dropped, not super excited about getting AT-RTs for Republic. I get the reasoning but "meh". ARC troopers could be cool, curious if they will be a Scout Trooper/Commando copy/paste or if FFG will do something new here.

Padme, huh...okay. It will be interesting to see what mechanics they give her. Rather surprised by this choice with so many other character options available and the fact they haven't done Anakin or Ahsoka yet.

34 minutes ago, PikminToo said:

Tell me about it. The only faction I don't play is rebels, so seeing this list makes my inner child very happy but my wallet very upset. 

The only faction I don’t collect is the seppies, and it’s mostly because it was that or no clone wars for me. Split two cores with a friend.

my inner child is most excited for republic releases from this, though Cad makes me wish i had those droids.

I like Mandalorians but am not attached to the Wren Clan. 

23 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

However, really surprised to not see Anakin in this list, but Republic needs cheaper commanders/operatives more than another Jedi.

The Republic already has a cheap commander with Rex, and they only have one Jedi for the faction right now so another Jedi wouldn't be a bad choice at all for their next commander release.

Padme will probably be a cheap Operative though.

3 minutes ago, Derpzilla88 said:

The Republic already has a cheap commander with Rex, and they only have one Jedi for the faction right now so another Jedi wouldn't be a bad choice at all for their next commander release.

Padme will probably be a cheap Operative though.

True, but they're about to get 1 more expensive Corps unit (Phase II), a Heavy that costs as much as Obi-wan, ARC Troopers will presumably be in the range of Phase II in price, if not more. They're already tough to play against Rebels/Empire due to low activations, and you need Obi-wan to really hold your own most of the time.

It would be cool if Padme was between the Officer and Veers price range, more than 50 but no more than 80.

4 minutes ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

True, but they're about to get 1 more expensive Corps unit (Phase II), a Heavy that costs as much as Obi-wan, ARC Troopers will presumably be in the range of Phase II in price, if not more. They're already tough to play against Rebels/Empire due to low activations, and you need Obi-wan to really hold your own most of the time.

It would be cool if Padme was between the Officer and Veers price range, more than 50 but no more than 80.

That’s why I’m really hesitating to pull the trigger on a tank, besides the sheer size and cost of the expansion. I am really worried about activations first my Republic.

Just now, ScummyRebel said:

That’s why I’m really hesitating to pull the trigger on a tank, besides the sheer size and cost of the expansion. I am really worried about activations first my Republic.

I preordered one, along with 2 boxes of Phase II Clones, but after playing the Republic all this time, I am seriously doubting playing the tank lol it'll be a killer model to paint though!

These are all super exciting!! cant wait!! most excited for Clan Wren and the inferno squad for sure! Hopefully they'll be the first unique non commander/operative unit

59 minutes ago, Mad Maximus said:

So far, I only play Rebels. But I have an Imperial Army too. I've started building a Republic Army. But my 11 year sons play Clones & Droids. So I'm buying craploads of Legion Stuff <frown>

in the same boat i have all four going because my sons it getting costly

All this stuff is awesome to see, and there's definitely some unexpected things in there. But I am desperately hoping that the release order will be nowhere close to the SWL number order. CIS is desperate for a special forces unit, as is GAR, though I am assuming ARC Troopers will be not cheap. 

I was also really hoping CIS was going to get a cheap commander before they got an operative, because I think yet another 100+ point (presumably) unit will do very little for them right now. 

Edited by Lochlan

1 minute ago, Lochlan said:

All this stuff is awesome to see, and there's definitely some unexpected things in there. But I am desperately hoping that the release order will be nowhere close to the SWL number order. CIS is desperate for a special forces unit, as is GAR, though I am assuming ARC Troopers will be not cheap. 

The numbers could be all correct but they might just mass release all of this stuff in one announcement like they did with the two tanks, B2's, Phase 2's, Dooku and Rex. That's what I'm hoping happens

Just now, bllaw said:

The numbers could be all correct but they might just mass release all of this stuff in one announcement like they did with the two tanks, B2's, Phase 2's, Dooku and Rex. That's what I'm hoping happens

Yeah, they have never really stuck to SWL order for release, I am just hoping that BX droids are physically released sooner rather than later. 

1 minute ago, bllaw said:

I keep seeing/hearing that FFG is going to a quartely release model instead of monthly. If that is the case, since Cassian/Iden are due for release in April we may not see these models until June-ish?

As a separatist player who didn't care for the cartoons (in it for aesthetics of the army), Cad Bane will only interest me if his abilities are fun. Separatist commanders are hella expensive (hella good too) so the idea of adding an operative to that mix isn't enticing. Commando droids and STAP's will be fun though and I am excited for them. 

8 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

They’ve released out of order before I believe. I wouldn’t hold a lot of stock in that.

4 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

I keep seeing/hearing that FFG is going to a quartely release model instead of monthly. If that is the case, since Cassian/Iden are due for release in April we may not see these models until June-ish?

be still my wallet! Although they’re kind of doing that next week with all the stuff that got delayed....