Schu81

How to abuse K-2SO

On 1/21/2020 at 8:19 AM, theBitterFig said:

The irony is that we know from 1e that Shara Bey's text can be really potent.  Norra used to have it (because that's not confusing), but with access to Push the Limit or Rey crew to easily get both Focus and Lock, it was quite good.  In 2e, we don't have that level of action economy, so Shara doesn't quite work.  I just find it fascinating.

Actually rebels have the technology, it just costs 97 points. Garven+Dutch

16 minutes ago, FlyingAnchors said:

Actually rebels have the technology, it just costs 97 points. Garven+Dutch

To be sure, it *can* be done.  Garven, Dutch, Kyle Katarn, Benthic Two-Tubes, anyone with Coordinate.

Kanan or Ezra or Saw on Shara can even do it self-contained.

But none of that is remotely as cost effective, and much of it doesn't even grant full Focus.

1 hour ago, theBitterFig said:

Kanan or Ezra or Saw on Shara can even do it self-contained.

Crazy idea (like, really crazy):

Exactly how bad would it be to try Ezra Gunner on Y-Wing Norra?

Seems like a best-use-case to me – she wants a double-tap already, but if she misses it, Ezra becomes a free defensive mod. If she K-Turns or rolls for stress, he becomes a re-roll on the turret attack. R4 makes the stress trivially easy to clear. Afterburners even becomes tempting, though it could be a waste.

It seems to me like she's tanky enough to invest in, just not maneuverable enough to get your mileage out of most of the time. But if she can reliably ionize a target and trail along with it, ignoring everyone else's shots on her, it seems pretty decent, especially as easy as R1 will be to get in our brave new meta...

Norra Wexley (Y-Wing) (41)    
    Ion Cannon Turret (5)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Ezra Bridger (14)    
Ship total: 62

Yeah, that's already Luke prices for something that isn't as versatile or hard-to-kill. Probably not worth it...

On the other hand, if you have Saw Gerrera in a U-Wing somewhere, you'll get a lot of mileage out of those rerolls...

Okay this is way off topic now. Sorry.

Edited by ClassicalMoser

55 minutes ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Exactly how bad would it be to try Ezra Gunner on Y-Wing Norra?

14, that's how bad.

Wait, you said Norra Y-Wing not Shara Bey ARC.

Well, it's either overpaying 4 points for Veteran Turret Gunner, or overpaying 3 points for Fifth Brother*.  Is it worth it to overpay 4 points for VTG for those turns when you don't have a double-tap?  I kinda think no.  The half-a-FCS on stressed double-tap turret attacks is... also not worth it.

I don't hate Ezra on Lando, since he'll often stress himself normally with his boost (since why bother making it a white boost since you need to pull Blue moves), and I guess Kanan can leverage Maul/Hate, but mostly Ezra just isn't too useful.

*Fifth Brother pricing seems odd to me.  In some ways, he is only worth the same 9 points as Seventh Sister, and certainly not as good as Emperor Palpatine at 11, but he pays a hefty tax for being in the Gunner slot and not crew.  I think his price being 2 higher than Sev is ultimately correct, though.  It's a lot easier for Imperial ships with Gunner Slots to leverage his power than it is for Imperial ships with Crew slots to leverage Sev or Palp.  I guess this invites "there shouldn't be slot taxes" but really there should be sometimes.

56 minutes ago, LUZ_TAK said:

If you put K2SO crew on Cassian Uwing, can Cassian remove the Stress that K2SO generated? Free Calculate?

Pretty much.  Note: Cassian can't remove his own stress (or the stress of anyone at Range 0), so it only works if you put Kaytoo's calculate + stress on someone else.

On 1/24/2020 at 8:29 AM, theBitterFig said:

I feel like that'll force Dash into using Expert Handling, since the barrel rolls are so useful, but like K-2SO and Lando, you're much better off when you only have to handle one stress.  Technically, Dash can remove two, but his blues are bad, particularly if you're also trying to fly over obstacles.

And if I'm buying K-2SO and Expert Handling, I'd rather just have Kanan Jarrus for the same 12 points.

Do you mean because of Trick Shot and Outrider you'll want to do Barrell Rolls all the time?

17 minutes ago, h0racio said:

Do you mean because of Trick Shot and Outrider you'll want to do Barrell Rolls all the time?

Well, not all the time, but Barrel Rolls are too important to give up, IMHO.

In all my 2e Dash experience (which is more than many, not as much as some) the most important thing for him has seemed to be having a clear and open dial, plus being able to roll when you need to.  Dash has weak blues, and it just seems too easy for there not to be an obstacle where you need one.

Overall, I think Kanan is just going to do the same job as K-2SO but better.  He'd take care of the stress from rolls when you need it (opening up the Talent slot), and gives a stress-free calculate.

Edited by theBitterFig