Sign in to follow this  
Big k

Sabine or Chewie in Skirmish?

Pretty self explanatory really.  Have have very little experience with Chewie and have never used Sabine.   Luke will be the commander.

Have personally not used operatives much and apart from 1 or 2 games have dispatched operatives or negated them easily enough.  I really want to try one though.

3 hours ago, manoftomorrow010 said:

I think Sabine's speed 3 movement and jump would make her far more valuable in skirmish than Chewie. If you were playing Han, I'd auto-include Chewie, but with Luke, go with Sabine.

Her mobility, graffiti, bombs, gunslinger, all have a higher value on a smaller map.

I agree with the points of manoftomorrow010. 

I'm not a big fan of the graffiti command card, but timing well the Explosions card can suppress a remarkable part of the opponent's army. 

Adding the Darksaber+Tenacity makes Sabine a close combat threat; with her speed 3 and jump 2 can hunt any unit she wants (and can help Luke to deal with enemy's close combat units/chatacters). 

Sabine can do a lot of things, just needs you having a clear and straight plan for her every turn. 

Vote for Sabine form me. Chewie is cool in skirmish, but from all 3 main trilogy commanders he synergises with Luke the least.  Luke/Sabine is an expensive combo at 500 points though!

With my local meta being Imperial and Republic heavy, I really like Sabine in pairing with Han - for the sheer amount of pierce, pierce, pierce :D

Chewie is a nice big meat shield and a decent melee threat! Especially with tenacity. And he’s cheaper than Sabine with the Darksaber. I like running Leia and Chewie together.

But I do think Sabine is the more competitive choice. That “Explosions” command card turn can be a real game changer.

I haven’t tried it but from things I’ve seen online Luke/Sabine is actually really strong in Skirmish. It seems like a lot of points for two minis but they are nasty...

I’m hoping to try Officer, Sabine and RTs like smickletz.

On 1/19/2020 at 7:12 AM, smickletz said:

I plan on experimenting with Rebel Officer/Sabine/RTs.

Luke and Sabine will be 325-340pts depending on how you load them up.  But very few other armies can handle 2 super smashing characters like them at once in skirmish. Because of the terrain and smaller playing field you can even lock down the opponent's big threat with super red die defense and then charge into 2 units with the the other character and beat them down or tie them up.  The real nasty is when you have Luke, Sabine AND Tauntaun Riders in skirmish. Its a lot to have to deal with in a quick-paced game like skirmish.

Luke and Sabine would have my preference

Plus three fleet Troopers units and an at-rt with flamethrower and the fight can begin.

On 1/21/2020 at 5:15 PM, buckero0 said:

Luke and Sabine will be 325-340pts depending on how you load them up.  But very few other armies can handle 2 super smashing characters like them at once in skirmish. Because of the terrain and smaller playing field you can even lock down the opponent's big threat with super red die defense and then charge into 2 units with the the other character and beat them down or tie them up.  The real nasty is when you have Luke, Sabine AND Tauntaun Riders in skirmish. Its a lot to have to deal with in a quick-paced game like skirmish

Edited by Krakus

Ok so to update on this...

Have been running Luke and Sabine.  List is below

Luke with Saber Throw

Sabine with Darsaber and Shield

Vets with extra vet and recon intel

Vet Machine Gun

ATRT with Rotary Cannon.  

Have just added the ATRT and will be trying it out tomorrow night.  Have had a sniper or saboteur in there with more upgrades on Luke anc Sabine.  Had varied success with the sniper and saboteur.  Dropped the upgrades I haven't used once in 5 games.  May load the ATRT out with a flamethrower instead.  It'd give me another close quarters heavy hitter, 5 dice vs a possible 11 against froids and 8 against other armies with no cover.  Range 1 is the only killer, but have found things get up close and personal very quickly.