BiggsIRL

2020 VWC Game Reporting Thread

10 minutes ago, Ginkapo said:

@RapidReload quit digging a hole.

The non traditional deployment method Sam mentioned, is more commonly known as spreading out. Spreading your ships out has been overpowered and tournament strong since wave 2. 

Does this need a response? I guess no, or a very long one. I'm not really motivated to write a very long one. Wrong thread anyway.

Edited by RapidReload

Gk vs ares ends in a defeat for the Imperial Navy. There is much lamentation, victim blaming, and complimentary firing squads.

We rolled, ares called 2nd, we played his contested.

Fleets moved forward, there was much pew pew, but the ugly hatchet would not die. Got no nice early brace-stripping volleys.

Isd took a beating, sh took a beating, isd popped to squads. I called it when it became obvious the sh would make it through alive - and my fleet not.

8 minutes ago, Green Knight said:

Gk vs ares ends in a defeat for the Imperial Navy. There is much lamentation, victim blaming, and complimentary firing squads.

Fleets moved forward, there was much pew pew, but the ugly hatchet would not die. Got no nice early brace-stripping volleys.

Isd took a beating, sh took a beating, isd popped to squads. I called it when it became obvious the sh would make it through alive - and my fleet not.

Sorry this is the results thread, why are you posting results? 😉

1 hour ago, Green Knight said:

grats aresi. 

too bad one of you had to bow out, though...

Aresius vs @BrobaFett finished 164-94

Broba have the initiative and choose first player, mission station assault.

I had to admin i was lucky with the shoot of the scrugg against dengar (accuracy and hit) who give me the possibility to kill him and score a 7-4. At the end of turn six i have lost Ors, Lando, Gold and y-wing + Ahsoka transport. Broba lost mauler, howlrunner, dengar, mareek and saber. The 2 station was safe.

9 hours ago, MandalorianMoose said:

Sam v JP finishes with a mutual tabling. I was player 2, he chose my infested fields, I got all 5 tokens

Tokens don't matter with mutual tabling.  Sam is 2nd player and gets the win, but MOV is still 0.

Posted (edited)

A day late, but here's the log from my game with Sam:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/16hdfM5o_qOFR_LwPJ4ze2nlVPQiZXl7v/view?usp=sharing

It got bloody early! I set up a turn 2 shot on the Quasar with my Onager, and just tanked the Pryce squad damage. Unfortunately, the Quasar survived on one hull and got revenge by dealing the killing blow to my Onager.

My ISD came in to finish off the Quasar, but was unable to do the same to Sam's Onager. I turned in with both Gozantis to box in his Onager, and luckily they managed to plink it to death to save me from a one-sided tabling.

Edited by jp82729

@Aresiusvs JP

Aresius wins 10-1, 480-13 (both stations survived)

I went first and chose his station assault. I knew going in I was going to have to go straight at the hawk to get any significant tourney points, so I pretty much ignored the stations. Unfortunately, the Starhawk was able to tank my shots like a champ. With the support of the squads and lots of repair commands, it was able to take down both of my larges. It survived on 1 hull and 0 shields (booo! :) ). It killed my remaining gozanti with a final side shot to avoid the potential for mutual tabling. 

Thanks for the game Aresius!