BiggsIRL

2020 VWC Game Reporting Thread

Theia defeats Cael
400 vs 54
Theia was First Player and selected Fleet Ambush

Not Required, but appreciated Information:

Starhawk ambush deployed into a niche between two rocks directly in front of the Vic with the ISD to her left, and at speed 0 due to grav wells.  Raddus brought in Profundity and HH turn one.  HH used Shriv to deny Warlord its ECM, shot up its rear a bit, then moved to between the warlord and ISD.  MC shot up the vic and rammed it, vic shot and moved, got hit back hard by hawk, down to one hull.  ISD and Dictor plinked away at speed 0 Concord (with obstructed shots).  ISD is slowed to 0 after it moves (hawk went after it).

Turn 2, HH gives nav raid to ISD, shoots it, finishes off VSD with one black die, rams ISD for a Garel crit. .  Hawk speeds up to 1 but doesn't move to G-8's.  Everything else plinks away.

Turn 3 HH gives ENG raid to ISD, plinks it and rams it again, now HH at one hull.  ISD finishes it and plinks more at hawk.  MC 75 whiffs side arc at ISD front but then puts major hurt on it and kills it with ram.  Dictor moves, then is slowed to speed 0 by hawk after the hawk goes back to 0.

Turn 4 Hawk goes first with 6 hull left, brings Dictor to two hull.  Dictor brings it to two hull, but dies to the salvo shot.  Game called as the Imps only had a gozanti left in the front arc of an MC75.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1PKLCYGyxlehrBQ91wmA0mCqMn-1JGXMN

Edited by Admiral Theia
Picture links, fixed GC/MC

POD E

CommanderDave vs GK

He was 1st and picked my Surprise Attack.

Onager&ISD vs Dictor&Glad+Decimator ball.

Dictor ran all game, until it died. Glad stayed away, so couldn't table. Decimators ate TIEs and Onager.

The end.

6-5 mov 47 (219-172) to CommanderDave

Edited by Green Knight

Pod G

jp82729 vs Roquax

I gave him first and he picked my Abandoned Mining Facility

420 - 138 (MoV 282) 9-2 to myself

Onager picked off bomber command/Toryn turn 1, and put some damage into Yavaris on turn 2.  His squads started laying into the Onager, and a projector misaligned crit stripped all of it's front shields.

I was able to whittle down the squads and lock some down to stop the bleeding, but Roquax nearly pulled off a Motti double kill special with his MC75 double arcing my ISD. Both imperial ships tried to run, but Dutch took out the Onager before it could escape. ISD survived on 2 hull and a single shield. 

Great game against a great opponent. 

Vassal was acting wonky, so I don't have a log. But here are pics of the board state over the last few turns:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1C7z4EzgaUjrQKGuRTuD7RhAqWeJO3K7n

POD F:

duck_bird vs Angry Ewok

Final Score 192 to 103, a 7 - 4 for duck.

Ewok had the bid, took 2nd.  Duck picks Intel Sweep.

Salvation flies down the middle.  VCX and Flotillas do objective things.  Liberty and Ackbar face off on the far left.  Cr90s fly to make attack runs.  

Duck bombers harass cr90s, Xwings do flight controller + toryn things, Norra is a total babe and rolls doubles.  Dutch turns off the VCX preventing Ewok from picking up more than one objective token.  But then Duck flies objective ship into Ackbar range and it gets obliterated.

Duck squads tear Ewok squads up with some hot rolls.  Agate does Agate things and Liberty shrugs off blow after blow.  

Cr90, both flots and Ewok squads die, but score objective.  Duck BCC flotilla dies for final score.

POD E

Green Squadron 3 vs. 187-Leon

Final Score 177 to 65, a 7 - 4 for Green Squadron. (MOV 112)

He gave me first and we played his infested fields. Thoose 2 scary MC80 were able to entrapping my onager and finish it with an ackbar-bail-home1-defiance-double tab in round 3/4. No way to get out of this. His Exogorths were eating 2 Ties and throw obstacles in my way. I was able to catch 3 victory token and kill one of his Gozantis. Nothing more.

I have made an Logfile..but only for round 1 and 2. Its not worth beeing watched...believe me.

Anyway. Thanks for the great game. I learned a bitter lesson. 🙂 Good luck for the rest of the tournament.

29 minutes ago, 187-Leon said:

POD E

Green Squadron 3 vs. 187-Leon

Final Score 177 to 65, a 7 - 4 for Green Squadron. (MOV 112)

He gave me first and we played his infested fields. Thoose 2 scary MC80 were able to entrapping my onager and finish it with an ackbar-bail-home1-defiance-double tab in round 3/4. No way to get out of this. His Exogorths were eating 2 Ties and throw obstacles in my way. I was able to catch 3 victory token and kill one of his Gozantis. Nothing more.

I have made an Logfile..but only for round 1 and 2. Its not worth beeing watched...believe me.

Anyway. Thanks for the great game. I learned a bitter lesson. 🙂 Good luck for the rest of the tournament.

I jumped in and saw a bit towards the ends and was very confused, I saw two mc80s nosing in towards an onager that was broadsiding and an ISD that was pointing I to the corner at.... nothing. What did deployment look like? Maybe you could explain what happened?

My Plan was to get 3 tokens, kill one gr75 and run like ****. I know, its not the best Plan, but hey it was a Plan at all. But this went terrible wrong. And when i realized it, it was to late. my onager was in a very bad Position and i didtn get my isd in to do something helpful. 

1 hour ago, 187-Leon said:

My Plan was to get 3 tokens, kill one gr75 and run like ****. I know, its not the best Plan, but hey it was a Plan at all. But this went terrible wrong. And when i realized it, it was to late. my onager was in a very bad Position and i didtn get my isd in to do something helpful. 

At least you're not flying Moralo anymore, so good on you 🙂 .

Edited by RapidReload

@CyborgNinja (Weston on Vassal and Discord) V Brobafett Concludes.

Brobafett defeats Cyborg Ninja, 220 - 157. Brobafett picked first player and played Rift Ambush.

Rift Ambush does a lot of weird things for fleets, from speeding them up and slowing them down, and the rift was on display in this game. My ISD slingshotted around the rift and ALMOST got in position to start eating small ships, but Cracken likes to go fast and Cyborg flew like an absolute beast putting ships where I thought there was no way they could fit and somehow managing not to self ram back into the waiting ISD's front arc. 

In the end, I couldn't QUITE get the quasar out of harms way fast enough after counting on the rift to give me a boost of speed and then just narrowly missing this distance 2. That put me dead to rights for the TRC vette and LTT yavaris. The squad fight went my way, but the flak burned me to the ground. Took a lot of rock hopping just to keep them alive. 

I lost the Quasar, Maarek, Mauler, Saber, Ciena, and Valen. Cyborg Ninja lost the Ezra Chammerhead, the generic nebulon, and his whole squad ball. Tight MOV reflects the cagey gameplay and stifling tactics that had to be used on both sides. A great game with a wonderful opponent. God I love good armada.

Just played @TigerKommandant.

I won with 365-203. 8-3 MOV of 162.

Tiger had the bid and chose 2nd. We played Tiger's Volatile Deposits. 

It was a fun match and playing that objective for the first time was cool. Warlord absolutely hammered my Kuat with a front arc shot of 11 damage into the rear of my Kuat. That pretty much ended the Kuat, but I was able to farm some points with it to make up for the loss. 

Overall Jerry and his TEA! Party really let me move wherever I wanted to go, so I was able to dodge the nastiest of Tiger's arcs. Only 4 ships actually died during the game, so a relatively bloodless matchup tonight.

Thanks for playing, Tiger.

Bad_dinner V Brobafett Concludes.

Brobafett defeats Bad_dinner, 514 - 12. Brobafett picked first player and played Advanced Gunnery.

Bad_Dinner flew well, had me in an extremely tight spot (he could have chose to go for broke and overextend to get me on the quasar's pryce turn, which is what I tried to bait him into doing, but instead chose restraint and patience and instead put the mc80 in a place where the quasar could not escape and my squads would have to overextend) but in the end the dice simply did not go his way. In my book he is forever gold because he has handled a tough loss with more class than most all of the players I know. 

Reporting a good game with @CommanderDave

he won 400 - 117. MOV 283 - 9:2 for him.

He picked first and choosed my fleet ambush. In turn 1 his demo was able to avoid special arc shot from my Onager. First fail. His Decimators rolled a lot of hits and eat the shields of my isd and token nearly to 0 in first round. Second fail. I made a lot of mistakes. Third fail. His Interdictor doubleram me to death. Good luck for the rest of this tournament, for all of you. Im out now 😞 See you next time. I will upload a logfile somewhen. Thx @BiggsIRL for organisation. 

POD A
RapidReload vs Tokra (yes the Tokra)

Tokra has Bid, chooses Second, we play Targeting Beacons (he plays a Moralo list).

I had the "honor" of playing against @187-Leon 's Moralo during the Vassal Autumn tournament and lost that game, so I was quite apprehensive of this one.

Tokra put the station in the middle for Moralo health shenanigans, the obstacles were spaced between the station and his deployment zone. I deployed defensively facing the station, Tokra deployed in a way that his ships could fly around the center.

1.png

After a bit of delaying and bumping, Moralo starts hit-and-running Mart and taking 7ish shields of the Star Hawk, triggering me to throw in Lando and 3 yt2400 to engage the shuttles and Moralo. I have little trust in killing Moralo as Lando couldn't reach him and was afraid of his healing capabilities so I start shooting at shuttles. Bad dice say only 1 goes down. Tokra expertly manipulates tokens and ranges and chews through my squadrons very very fast. However this keeps the Starhawk out of harms way, and a gun'ho Victory runs over a debris field and turns in towards the Star Hawk. 

This allows for a front and side long range shot that comes out with 5 damage and an accuracy (naturally rolled on 4 red dice...). Three more damage from the sidearc into the same hull zone make the Victory bleed. It dies from the first activation the next turn when the Starhawk rolls 7 damage with an HIE crit on 3 red and 2 blue after rerolls.

In the meantime Moralo has eradicated all my Squads with only Vader and a Shuttle as return casualties.

At this point (Turn 5) the Starhawk is quite safe, points say Tokra needs a Flotilla kill to win 6:5. He goes for Toryn Farr turn 5 but cannot stick any damage (Sloane is dead). Turn 6 he goes after the Comms Net Flotilla, shoots at it around 8+ times but in the end it survives on 1 Hull.

145:131 for RapidReload (6:5).

Very tense game for me and Tokra is as always a very polite opponent giving me tips after the game (like taking a second Salvo with Agate in this matchup!!).

Edited by RapidReload

3 hours ago, 187-Leon said:

Reporting a good game with @CommanderDave

he won 400 - 117. MOV 283 - 9:2 for him.

He picked first and choosed my fleet ambush. In turn 1 his demo was able to avoid special arc shot from my Onager. First fail. His Decimators rolled a lot of hits and eat the shields of my isd and token nearly to 0 in first round. Second fail. I made a lot of mistakes. Third fail. His Interdictor doubleram me to death. Good luck for the rest of this tournament, for all of you. Im out now 😞 See you next time. I will upload a logfile somewhen. Thx @BiggsIRL for organisation. 

Good game with Leon. The Fleet Ambush was risky for sure, but it let me get my Decimators in early to start their work. 

It doesn’t make much difference, but I actually lost 107 (Demo + Tel) for 293 MOV. Still 9-2.

Yesterday night, @Realadmiralsdoitinspace and I had our game.

He won the roll, decided to go first and chosed Contested Outpost. Win for b2w with 266 vs 103 (Mov 163, 8:3)

From my side, it was a very tactical game. Assuming that I can kill one ship only, I decided to avoid the Starhawk (especially with this 3 salvo tokens...) and use my squads to attack the Liberty. My Starhawk had the duty to collect tokens from Contested outpost and spam repair to simply survive…

Realadmiral decided to go in very slowly which helped me a bit with my plan as I had time to fly the squads over to him. Here is the log file:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=16Nja-V-A9iGg1OPkxIGmbytTsO9k38dm

(Sorry, I dropped off a couple of times, thus 3 files…)

Despite of having no big shooting but more careful moving, it was a great game and Realadmiral is a great and fun opponent! Two interesting learnings out of the game: Firstly, effects (like magnites) are plastic to plastic and secondly, you need to be very aggressive with the SH if it should have impact in the game.

Thank you, Realadmiral for this game!