Sign in to follow this  
PivotmasterDM1

Guesses on the Story Box contents?

2 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

I'm starting to wish that the scenarios were more like the "hero pods". I guess more generic would be a way to put it. Where a villain had their signature cards and the scenario had its own cards and you could mix them up more. This may hurt thematics somewhat, but it sure would change up things. I am still not bored yet but during a recent week long vacation I was able to log 32 games... and it got me thinking that the game still could, and hopefully will be, so much more.

Isn’t this what we already have?

Hero packs: 20 hero cards, 40 aspect/basic cards anyone can use. 

Scenario packs: X scenario cards, Y modular cards that any scenario can use

But the villains are tied to the scenario. This would be an example of what the Green Goblin scenario pack COULD have been like: Green Goblin/ Norman Osborn I, II, & III Villain stage cards, Criminal Enterprise/State of Madness, this Villain's "15 signature cards" (usable with any scenario). Green Goblin I, II, & III Villain stage cards, this version's 15 signature cards (again, usable with any scenario). Risky Business "15 scenario cards" (usable with ANY Villain), Mutagen Formula scenario cards (usable with any villain), 4 modular encounter sets (5 cards each, as is= not tied to any scenario nor villain). With the above examples I could take Rhino (if he had his own set of signature cards not tied to "The Break-In!" Scenario) being the one trying to mutate everyone in midtown Manhattan, or Klaw being the one trying to buy a branch of Stark Enterprises in "Risky Business".

Of course nothing is stopping me from figuring out how to break these scenarios/ villain decks down to figure out what cards are more linked to the villain and which are more linked to the scenario, because it's my game. But it wasn't designed this way. 

What if the core set had come with 5 Villains: Rhino, Klaw, Ultron, Madame Hydra, and MODOK? Each with "signature cards" linked to these villains and then the 3 scenarios usable with any villain. Suddenly we go from 3 scenarios in the core set to 15 different combinations to choose from. 

Maybe I'm asking too much. Again, I play 2 or 3 games every couple days which probably averages out to a game per day since release and have yet to grow bored of this game. Since this game came out- Pandemic made it to the table once, and Journeys in Middle-earth made it to the table maybe four times. This game has been my exclusive game besides those instances. Not tired of it, so much value. Plan on having Ms. Marvel take on Mutagen Formula and Wrecking Crew later today! 

Edited by HirumaShigure

4 hours ago, HirumaShigure said:

But the villains are tied to the scenario. This would be an example of what the Green Goblin scenario pack COULD have been like: Green Goblin/ Norman Osborn I, II, & III Villain stage cards, Criminal Enterprise/State of Madness, this Villain's "15 signature cards" (usable with any scenario). Green Goblin I, II, & III Villain stage cards, this version's 15 signature cards (again, usable with any scenario). Risky Business "15 scenario cards" (usable with ANY Villain), Mutagen Formula scenario cards (usable with any villain), 4 modular encounter sets (5 cards each, as is= not tied to any scenario nor villain). With the above examples I could take Rhino (if he had his own set of signature cards not tied to "The Break-In!" Scenario) being the one trying to mutate everyone in midtown Manhattan, or Klaw being the one trying to buy a branch of Stark Enterprises in "Risky Business".

Of course nothing is stopping me from figuring out how to break these scenarios/ villain decks down to figure out what cards are more linked to the villain and which are more linked to the scenario, because it's my game. But it wasn't designed this way. 

What if the core set had come with 5 Villains: Rhino, Klaw, Ultron, Madame Hydra, and MODOK? Each with "signature cards" linked to these villains and then the 3 scenarios usable with any villain. Suddenly we go from 3 scenarios in the core set to 15 different combinations to choose from. 

Maybe I'm asking too much. Again, I play 2 or 3 games every couple days which probably averages out to a game per day since release and have yet to grow bored of this game. Since this game came out- Pandemic made it to the table once, and Journeys in Middle-earth made it to the table maybe four times. This game has been my exclusive game besides those instances. Not tired of it, so much value. Plan on having Ms. Marvel take on Mutagen Formula and Wrecking Crew later today! 

Well I think that's exactly why they've done it the way they have. We don't have villain packs we have scenario packs - that way they have full licence to release products in the future that re-use villains, but in different flavours and versions. 

So after reading everything (that was quite alot to catch up with!), I'm a bit puzzled by what should come next. I mean you guys all have fair points.

Now, I'm not saying that would be the expansion but has anyone noticed that the clue could hint towards S.H.I.E.L.D (like "the agents of SHIELD)? I mean shield and avengers are pretty connected so that could form a bridge between the first arc which seems heavy on the avengers and open a door to new heroes too. They included lots of key characters of S.H.I.E.L.D in the core game/hero packs as allies : Mockingbird, Nick Fury, Maria Hill, Coulson... So I'm thinking they could go for one of those and make it a full hero and throw other characters link to shield... 

There was some people that talked about the MCU early on this thread. That could be a "meet me halfway" kind of thing. If I remember correctly there's some Heroes staring in the show (haven't watch all of it yet so can't elaborate on that)

Aside from that, I also lean (understand here "I really wish for") the Guardians of the galaxy 

On 2/15/2020 at 9:46 PM, Trialus said:

In an interview a French FFG employee mentioned that there would be 2 heroes and 5 scenarios in the box.  Haven't seen/read the actual interview, but it has been pretty heavily mentioned on various internet places.

If this is the case, my bet is that it will be the following from Guardians of the Galaxy

Hero #1 Star Lord

Hero #2 Rocket Raccoon

I'm guessing the remainder of the Guardians will be ally cards.

Villains: Thanos, Dormammu, and (whoever that last guy on the box is that looks kind of like the Swordsman)

I know leaks are generally bad, but i kinda hope we get a get a leak of the story box name like we did for Widow, Strange and Hulk. As long as they don’t leak cards early it gives hype about what the cards in them could do.

9 minutes ago, Hyperjayman said:

I know leaks are generally bad, but i kinda hope we get a get a leak of the story box name like we did for Widow, Strange and Hulk. As long as they don’t leak cards early it gives hype about what the cards in them could do.

They literally said in the last stream that the Story Box will be announced next month. You can wait that long.

I’m definitely leaning towards the idea of it being a Thanos box and including an Avenger or two and a Guardian or two (since the rumor is 3 Heroes/5 Scenarios). Just feels most likely with the box art and little bits we know about it.

1 hour ago, SpiderMana said:

They literally said in the last stream that the Story Box will be announced next month. You can wait that long.

Oh I'm so sorry. I’ll make a note to disembowel myself tomorrow morning for not devoutly following the streams like an enlightened acolyte. May my heretic actions be cleansed from existence!

Or...

You could just state it like a normal person and not assume everyone else is suckling FFG’s teat at every waking moment.

4 hours ago, Hyperjayman said:

Oh I'm so sorry. I’ll make a note to disembowel myself tomorrow morning for not devoutly following the streams like an enlightened acolyte. May my heretic actions be cleansed from existence!

Or...

You could just state it like a normal person and not assume everyone else is suckling FFG’s teat at every waking moment.

I don’t expect people to watch every stream. But leaks are bad, and FFG’s announcement/teaser schedule is consistent. There’s really no need to ask/hope for leaks 🤷‍♂️

2 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

I don’t expect people to watch every stream. But leaks are bad, and FFG’s announcement/teaser schedule is consistent. There’s really no need to ask/hope for leaks 🤷‍♂️

Eh. For me personally the leaks have built more hype for the content than watching the streams have, so each to their own.

I for one am excited by what the next Scenario box may offer, and a leak of title, villain or hero names alone would pique me even further.

And it would help tide me over until next month when they do their announcement article/stream.

3 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

Why are leaks  bad?

1 hour ago, urloony said:

Why are leaks  bad?

FFG has everything spread out at a consistent announcement pace, usually announcing products around 3 months before release. When leaks like the Black Widow/Strange/Hulk leak happen, their announcements for the next three months suddenly don’t pack the same punch and it’s more difficult for them to keep anticipation up for the game for everyone.

A perfect example is how, after the next three heroes were leaked, our attention immediately jumped to the story box, and we’re all even more impatient to know what it is. We might even feel entitled to know, because it really feels like we haven’t gotten any news in a couple months. Sure, we might be impatient either way, but the leaks certainly exacerbated that issue.

7 hours ago, SpiderMana said:

FFG has everything spread out at a consistent announcement pace, ...

Did you just use FFG and consistent in the same sentence?

FFG is likely behind the leaks as part of their plan.

That being said I think the word "Guardians" seems too long of a word to fit in the space suggested by the hint.  Masters of Kung-Fu would have been sweet as well or the Hands of Shang-Chi.

Posted (edited)
58 minutes ago, IceHot42 said:

FFG is likely behind the leaks as part of their plan.

If you can't back up your conspiracy theories, please don't post them. Ill give you the facts from the FFG Livestreams:

October 8, Ms Marvel
November 12, Wrecking Crew
December 5, Thor
January 16, Black Widow
February 4, Dr Strange
March 3, Hulk

That is 1 new pack reveal every month since the games' release. I'd say that is a highly consistent announcement pace.

Edited by Palpster

2 hours ago, IceHot42 said:

As Palpster has so kindly pointed out, it’s true of the announcements.

Obviously they’ve been having some issues somewhere down the line between them and their distributor and retail locations, or quite possibly just in the amount they chose to produce. But many of their games haven’t had those issues, or they get fixed after a wave or two.

8 hours ago, Palpster said:

I'd say that is a highly consistent announcement pace.

Looking at those dates it's hardly consistent. I mean they've picked a different date every month. Too hard to know when they're gonna announce another one really...

28 minutes ago, Majushi said:

Looking at those dates it's hardly consistent. I mean they've picked a different date every month. Too hard to know when they're gonna announce another one really...

They're all on a Tuesday or Thursday (the days FFG Live streams) within the first couple weeks or so of the month (January 16th is the only date that's the 3rd Thursday of the month.)

You're looking for inconsistency where there is none.

Posted (edited)

Whelp, looks like we've got a leak anyways :P (Though it appears to be from an official FFG presentation, so I'm wondering if it came from a con? I'll come back when I know.)

89018337_3314268571921539_20305093117503

Hawkeye and Spider-Woman are front and center? Not sure what to make of that--I'd assume a Hawkeye Hero but that makes less sense if you assume the same of Spider-Woman? But we'll see. Looks like Zola's the other one on the box, and maybe Wasp but whoever that is looks a bit like Jess is punching them.

Edited by SpiderMana

Posted (edited)
28 minutes ago, SpiderMana said:

Whelp, looks like we've got a leak anyways :P (Though it appears to be from an official FFG presentation, so I'm wondering if it came from a con? I'll come back when I know.)

Reveal hidden contents

Hawkeye and Spider-Woman are front and center? Not sure what to make of that--I'd assume a Hawkeye Hero but that makes less sense if you assume the same of Spider-Woman? But we'll see. Looks like Zola's the other one on the box, and maybe Wasp but whoever that is looks a bit like Jess is punching them.

Someone on Reddit is saying this came from Gamma. 

Edited by The Team
Spoilers

12 minutes ago, The Team said:

Someone on Reddit is saying this came from Gamma. 

So you quote the post which has put the announcement in spoiler tags, then put the announcement just out in the open?  It might be considered polite to put it into spoilers as well.

12 minutes ago, Tonbo Karasu said:

So you quote the post which has put the announcement in spoiler tags, then put the announcement just out in the open?  It might be considered polite to put it into spoilers as well.

Decent point. I actually didn’t notice that post had something hidden and in truth have no idea how to hide images in my post. So I removed the picture. 

1 hour ago, SpiderMana said:

Reveal hidden contents

That is what is known as an intentional leak.  They have a retailer con called GAMA Expo where they...wait for it...purposely leak stuff.  That is the entire purpose of that con. So I wouldnt know why you over react when things get leaked surreptitiously through other indirect means.