strikenowhere

Starhawk & Onager In Stores Jan 31st!

it’s the exact opposite for me. I got a message saying my Starhawk is in the mail and shipped (taking a while to get here, like two weeks) but my Onager is still in waiting. 

I got both the Onager and the Starhawk in the mail yesterday! The Starhawk is huge. I was shocked.

There’s an interesting tidbit in the Onager rule book about Ignition ships being equipped with one or more special firing arcs. I think this could be seen as a clue for Armada: Clone Wars. Such a rule would describe the Subjugator perfectly.

12 minutes ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

I got both the Onager and the Starhawk in the mail yesterday! The Starhawk is huge. I was shocked.

There’s an interesting tidbit in the Onager rule book about Ignition ships being equipped with one or more special firing arcs. I think this could be seen as a clue for Armada: Clone Wars. Such a rule would describe the Subjugator perfectly.

Where do you live?

1 hour ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

Can we get a photo of the Starhawk next to an ISD or MC80, just to get a sense of scale?

1 hour ago, RapidReload said:

Where do you live?

San Diego. I ordered direct from FFG.

50 minutes ago, ianediger said:

Can we get a photo of the Starhawk next to an ISD or MC80, just to get a sense of scale?

I’ll see what I can do! I don’t have an Imgur account and the photo on my phone is waaay bigger than FFG allows. :(

47 minutes ago, spike2109 said:

So is there a second superweapon like in the Onager?

Nope, just the mag crystal tractor beam.

43 minutes ago, cadetvw said:

Or the card spread of the Starhawk in case there was anything unique that hasn’t been spoiled yet

I think everything in the pack was already spoiled... I’ll have to double-check

Edited by Rmcarrier1
Typo

2 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

You weren’t kidding! The Starhawk dwarfs all the Mon Cal cruisers. Thanks for the pics!

Edited by cadetvw
Spelling is hard

8 hours ago, Rmcarrier1 said:

@Rmcarrier1 Could you please post the full rules and pics of everything in both?

9 minutes ago, MegaSilver said:

@Rmcarrier1 Could you please post the full rules and pics of everything in both?

I will try and make time but everything is packed away currently and family beckons! 😄

In the meantime, here’s a photo of today’s battle (never mind the messy basement). Very unconventional lists as the Starhawk, Onager and SSD were all seeing the table for the first time. It was an Imperial victory but both the SSD and Starhawk fell. The Onager was perfectly positioned to snipe away from long range at Speed 0.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2KEiVkdzkQezXiDd7

1 hour ago, eliteone said:

Super disappointed with the Starhawk having only one super weapon option. 

Agreed. Especially since its one that ill use maybe once to try and then probably wont touch it ever again

13 hours ago, Triangular said:

Could anyone post a complete list of upgrades from the Nadiri Starhawk Expansion or tell what's missing at the according wiki page, please?

• Kyrsta Agate (Commander)
  • Kyrsta Agate (Officer)
  • Wedge Antilles
  • Shriv Suurgav
  • Flight Controllers
  • Local Fire Control (x2)
  • Flag Bridge
  • Heavy Fire Zone (x2)
  • Intensify Firepower!
  • Magnite Crystal Tractor Beam Array
  • Amity
  • Concord
  • Unity

12 minutes ago, Astrodar said:
  • Kyrsta Agate (Commander)
  • Kyrsta Agate (Officer)
  • Wedge Antilles
  • Shriv Suurgav
  • Flight Controllers
  • Local Fire Control (x2)
  • Flag Bridge
  • Heavy Fire Zone (x2)
  • Intensify Firepower!
  • Magnite Crystal Tractor Beam Array
  • Amity
  • Concord
  • Unity

Lame. Was really expecting a sub-10 point Superweapon upgrade. 

2 hours ago, Blail Blerg said:

Why is the only current superweapon bad? 

I will say that in our first game, it was very easy to defend against. All you need, essentially, is one nav token held in reserve and you can escape any Speed 0 tractor with minimal difficulty. On an SSD with Vanto or Comms Net-supported ship? Token generation is a breeze. On a different ship? Who knows, it might be more effective.

I think the key is to tractor down a ship that’s already activated and then attack it with as many of your other vessels as possible before the defender has a chance to activate and (potentially) change speeds again. But with a Starhawk costing at least 150 points with the tractor beam in place, you might not have many other ships to work with.

In our (admittedly very limited!) experience thus far, the Onager seemed to have the superior super weapon. That ship, based on first impressions, is downright fun! With Ignition (Long), you can throw red dice waaaay the heck out there!

I don’t see how the Magnite Tractor beam could possibly suck. I mean, just off the top of my head, let’s say you have the StarHawk kitted with the Beam, and the speed zero title, and a few other cards, to the tune of 190 points. Then you have a 30-ish point admiral. You’re at 220. Two Comms net or Officer Leia flotillas for activation padding and dial fixing, and you have another 40-odd points. That puts you at what 260-ish? Now, 102 points for two TRC-90s. 362, and you can put in a token fighter screen, or maybe upgrade one of the flotillas to a third TRC-90. Or whatever. You’re telling me that shooting an already-activated SSD, ISD, or whatever big, slow points sink your opponent has with your StarHawk’s potent guns, then dropping to speed zero and Tractor Beaming the same ship, and then wailing on it with three Corvettes while it’s defenseless doesn’t sound strong? Sounds to me like a good way to nearly cripple a Super Star Destroyer in one turn, or maybe sink an ISD, no?

And I mean, TRC-90s may not even be the best bang for yer buck here. I only used them because the math was easy. You could probably optimize this and make something much scarier.