strikenowhere

Starhawk & Onager In Stores Jan 31st!

53 minutes ago, Drasnighta said:

Why you gotta be so Negative?

You know they only put the Street Date up after they shipped them out of their Warehouse.

Any Retailer *not* Selling them on the 31st in the US has themselves and Alliance to blame.  Not FFG.

Mostly because I've been consistently misled by FFG for the last 3 years about their release schedule. Like, if they actually hit a deadline more than once every 3 years I'd probably shut up, but with the exception of Rebellion in the Rim, they've been missing their marks. (not just Armada even, Legion has been suffering from it too I guess?)

I mean, "wave 8" was slated for 4th Q 2019 and we all knew it was a lie.

Remember when "something big" was supposed to be holiday 2018? Then rapidly changed to early 1st Q 2019? Then it was actually released 3rd Q 2019? Or when the last actual wave was supposed to release 4th Q 2017? and was pushed to mid 1st Q of 2018? 

At this point I don't even think it's negativity, it's just how things are. 

FFG sucks at making their deadlines, and I'll believe a release date when I see product on the shelf. 

*reads webpage*

*sighs*

US release date is 31/01, which probably means everywhere else won't see it before the end of Feb.

Don't get me wrong... I would love nothing more than to be mistaken & to walk into my lgs at the end of the month only to be greeted by a nice shiny new Onager.

But the realist in me knows they wouldn't have specified that it was the US date unless they knew that other regions were going to be delayed.

3 hours ago, namdoolb said:

US release date is 31/01, which probably means everywhere else won't see it before the end of Feb.

Depends.

The website gives the US release date because that's what FFG is in direct control over, and that's how they've set up their new Upcoming page. When it comes out everywhere else is partly down to the regional distributors (hence the German Onager being out last month), so you'll have to go to them to find out when it is out - which could be later or earlier.

For example, in the UK the last couple of Armada releases have come out the day before the US release because Asmodee UK was still on a releasing-things-on-Thursdays schedule, while Asmodee US had switched to Fridays. The next batch of Legion stuff is listed on FFG's Upcoming page as 31 January, but Asmodee UK have announced it for release 24 January in their weekly release list (but no new X-Wing or Armada this week).

We'll have to wait and see, but I wouldn't be surprised if the English language versions generally come out on 31 January.

RitR was out about a month later in UK compared to US which was disappointing. I am not seeing any improvement in delivering produce when they say they will, so if they have made massive steps it is not working.

Tell 'em to hurry up. We've got a prime upcomming this saturday. German distributor Asmodee made the Onager tournament legal ONLY AFTER US release...

Edited by NewGandhi

4 hours ago, NewGandhi said:

Tell 'em to hurry up. We've got a prime upcomming this saturday. German distributor Asmodee made the Onager tournament legal ONLY AFTER US release...

As @Drasnighta informed me, that decision is not up to Asmodee Germany but the individual Tournament Organizer.

The Onager was included in Asmodee UK's next week's "New releases" document, so it should be out some time during the week.

No sign of the Starhawk, though, which is bad news for anyone who pre-ordered them together...

Asmode uk are only showing the onager coming out next week. 
weird supply issue similar to Germany perhaps? Or a secret imperial agent sabotaging the Starhawk.

frustrating to be in the dark. And likely I suspect annoying for ffg.

at this rate I will stick to Mel miniatures to get my plastic Star Wars obsession.