It worked! :D

I'd say Medium Heavy Laser Cannons, because the only thing lost is range, and, by-and-large, ships of that size don't mount anything heavier (not counting missile/torpedo launchers).

As for Armor, HTT, and SST, I'm not your guy for that.

Here's a suggestion: Sil 4, Speed 3, Handling -1, maybe 4 Hardpoints. Sensors probably Short range.

as mentioned in ep6, the big advantage of the Razor Crest is its lack of signature (electronically invisible, basically).

So the "by the numbers" stats are probably going to be a bit meager, but the trade off is that a smart player will be able to abuse the off-the-books nature of it.

6 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

It worked! :D

I'd say Medium Heavy Laser Cannons, because the only thing lost is range, and, by-and-large, ships of that size don't mount anything heavier (not counting missile/torpedo launchers).

As for Armor, HTT, and SST, I'm not your guy for that.

Here's a suggestion: Sil 4, Speed 3, Handling -1, maybe 4 Hardpoints. Sensors probably Short range.

The reason i say heavy is because they look significantly heavier than what is on a x wing and those a meadiums. I also think it is on the Small side of sil 4

15 hours ago, Daeglan said:

The reason i say heavy is because they look significantly heavier than what is on a x wing and those a meadiums. I also think it is on the Small side of sil 4

Slave 1 is small compared to the falcon and the ghost is sil 5* which isn't much larger than a YT-1300.  I think the razor crest is on the bottom of the scale for sil 4.

* I vehemently disagree with the VCX-100 being sil 5 and think the author did it because they thought it had to in order to have the shuttle dock.

17 hours ago, Daeglan said:

23 hours ago, thinkbomb said:

as mentioned in ep6, the big advantage of the Razor Crest is its lack of signature (electronically invisible, basically).

So the "by the numbers" stats are probably going to be a bit meager, but the trade off is that a smart player will be able to abuse the off-the-books nature of it.

In both these things I think you also need to define the difference between THE Razorcrest, and A Razorcrest.

In the case or RPGs is important to define what a player can buy on the lot vs. what a player can turn that into.

The Razorcrest can have heavy lasers and be unregistered.

A Razorcrest can have medium lasers and room to grow.

5 hours ago, Ahrimon said:

Slave 1 is small compared to the falcon and the ghost is sil 5* which isn't much larger than a YT-1300.  I think the razor crest is on the bottom of the scale for sil 4.

* I vehemently disagree with the VCX-100 being sil 5 and think the author did it because they thought it had to in order to have the shuttle dock.

I'd say the reason why the XCV-100 is Sil 5 is not only because it's nearly 50 meters in length (43.9 to be precise). but, also, because it's three decks high (14.5 meters tall). That's what makes it so large. It's the ship's overall volume

Edited by Tramp Graphics

The lines between sil 3 and 4 are kinda blurry. The U-wing is larger than the Jumpmaster 5000, and yet is sil 3 while the Jumpmaster is sil 4.

As a rule of thumb, I tend to see starfighters as sil 3 and gunships, most light frieghters, dropships, and shuttles as sil 4. I've heard that the HWK-290 is sil 3, and it is a 29 meter ship, which I think is pretty broken. I'd place the Razorcrest as a solid Sil 4.

As for splitting it based on ship length, a rule of thumb for that metric would be ~20 meters, with, of course, exceptions.

8 hours ago, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The lines between sil 3 and 4 are kinda blurry. The U-wing is larger than the Jumpmaster 5000, and yet is sil 3 while the Jumpmaster is sil 4.

Dawn of Rebellion says the U-wing is Sli 4.

/!\ <lobs monkey wrenches into the fray>

As for the Slave I, I've had issues with the more modern scaling of that ship.  In comparing cockpits and original modeling, the Slave I isn't actually much bigger than an X-Wing nor a TIE Fighter.  And if you take a close look at comprable landing pads in the Attack of the Clones, Slave I is of comparable size to the Jedi Fighter that Young Ben is flying.   The FFG X-Wing Tactics game Slave I is actually monstrously proportioned and it bothers me each time I see the mini out on the table.  Form a practical point of view (not a certain POV) the Slave I is functionally like a Hawk.

SO, that said, In My Star Wars Universe (IMSWU) the Slave I is a Sil 3 ship.  Just like the HWK-290.

And in comparing the Ghost to other ships like the YT-2400  and the YT-1300 I've noticed a similar scaling issue, in that the X-Wing model for the Ghost is bigger than it probably should be.  So IMSWU the VCX-100 is a Sil 4 ship (easy).

And because I've had to put it under a microscope (recently) I've noticed that my X-Wing model for the C-ROC is probably about 60% of the scale that it should be.  (No complaints.  It takes up a bit of space on my table when I use it and it's massive enough to hint at it being a "BIG" Sil 5 ship).

Don't get me started on the Rebel Transport model.  That's TINY compared to what it should be . . .

But that's just me IMSWU.

22 hours ago, Ghostofman said:

The Razorcrest can have heavy lasers and be unregistered.

A Razorcrest can have medium lasers and room to grow.

I was under the assumption that The Razorcrest was the ship's title.  :o

I did a quick search and wasn't able to find the manufacturer model number ... which kinda to me indicated it was his title (slave 1, falcon, etc).  If you have more info on that: do let me know as I'm interested.

2 minutes ago, thinkbomb said:

I was under the assumption that The Razorcrest was the ship's title.  :o

I did a quick search and wasn't able to find the manufacturer model number ... which kinda to me indicated it was his title (slave 1, falcon, etc).  If you have more info on that: do let me know as I'm interested.

The Mythrol identified it as a Razorcrest, so presumably that is the ship's type, not name.

Whatever it is, I like it. I kinda thought it might be a sil 3 like the HWK-290 or Aka'jor shuttle or KST-100. The visible cannons, look (to me) like they would be twin heavy laser cannons due to length and thickness. I also think (total guess) the sensors are more likely short or medium due to it's supposed mission profile. You could call the Carbonite Freezer that 3 hardpoint prison lockup maxed out with double the occupancy? 

In any case, I like this ship. Just looking for other points of view about it, or if someone stumbles on new/more info about it, I would love to hear them.

23 minutes ago, Old Stormtrooper said:

Whatever it is, I like it. I kinda thought it might be a sil 3 like the HWK-290 or Aka'jor shuttle or KST-100. The visible cannons, look (to me) like they would be twin heavy laser cannons due to length and thickness. I also think (total guess) the sensors are more likely short or medium due to it's supposed mission profile. You could call the Carbonite Freezer that 3 hardpoint prison lockup maxed out with double the occupancy? 

In any case, I like this ship. Just looking for other points of view about it, or if someone stumbles on new/more info about it, I would love to hear them.

It is too big to be a sil 3. The HWK-290 is much smaller than people think. 

Just now, P-47 Thunderbolt said:

The HWK-290 is listed on Wookieepedia as 29 meters, which is much longer than other ships that are listed as Sil 4.

That is incorrect, It is only 16 meters. Go look at it in the original dark forces game. it is tiny. Look at it in the X-wing game. It is tiny. And the x-wing size is correct because they went back to the original source. Wookieepedia is wrong. 

1 minute ago, Daeglan said:

It is too big to be a sil 3. The HWK-290 is much smaller than people think. 

Could be. I have no doubts the HWK is small, but with 5 hardpoints I'm not sure it's super small. Also, The Aka'jor shuttle is kinda big if you consider ENC and how it looked in the Clone Wars. Another point for sil 3 is the KST having 4 individual cabins.