Advanced Optics (4) 

First Order Test Pilot (56)    
    Fanatical (2)    
    Advanced Optics (4) 

Major Vonreg (57)    
    Daredevil (2)    
    Mag-Pulse Warheads (6)    
    Hull Upgrade (7)

It features major Vonreg in his shiny new ride, and two Silencer buddy. Quite similar in spirit to the QD + 2 Silencer buddy list that was around for a time, but I think this Tie-Ba build is gonna be potentially better. It has better options to outmaneuver lower I ships, with potential for broll + daredevil move (kinda similar to the ''sugar cane'' move of a decloaking Tie-Phantom that's often hard to catch), and if he is unable to outmaneuver, can double token up his offense to shoot a mag pulse that will probably neuter any returning fire.

The two FO Test Pilot offer solid defense and offense, being able to kinda tanks and trade fire with equivalent ships, especially once fanatical is on.

Do you think this kind of list can have some success or is the meta gonna shift to too many red dice and health for this to be viable? Thoughts or critique?

I've been playing around with 3-ship variants in First Order (on the builder at least). I think they can really pull it off at the moment but especially when the TIE/ba drops. On the other hand, the idea of "only" having 3 ships against most people's 4+ lists, tends to make me slightly anxious. 

I will definitely give something like this a try, though. It looks really fun. Wonder if I would put the new Deuterium thingies instead of the Hull Upgrade, though. Guess it gives the extra two points for the bid, which is helpful. Mag-Pulse is just mean, though :D

Edited by bahourmat

17 minutes ago, Greebwahn said:

I don't dig Daredevil on TIE/bas, they want to be able to use both actions they can get naturally

What would you recommend instead? I dont think fanatical is the way to go since with only 2 hull and 2 shield, it might just die before it gets to trigger, and id rather not count on that. Predator seems wasted to me since you can get TL really easily with the ship ability anyway. Proud tradition is a good one i guess, but it'll be hard to trigger it more than once, because your opponent will turn it off at the earliest time. 

I think for me the best choice are either proud of daredevil, and i think that at the same price range, they are both good and its probably only a matter of preference?

37 minutes ago, Greebwahn said:

I don't dig Daredevil on TIE/bas, they want to be able to use both actions they can get naturally

Fine Tuned Thrusters is after you fully execute a manoeuvre, so you can take a deplete or strain to lock or barrel roll before performing a daredevil boost. ;)

Thinking this could be potent for hyperspace but not sure about Midnight.  I want to like her but not sure. PS 6 , 6, 5 seems fun though.

Major Vonreg (57)
Fanatical (2)
Advanced Optics (4)
Hull Upgrade (7)

Kylo Ren (76)
Brilliant Evasion (3)
Advanced Optics (4)

“Midnight” (42)
Advanced Optics (4)
Total: 199

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Edited by Roquefert

Vonreg, Kylo, and Rush fit with 10 points left for upgrades, giving you two aces and an early-game blocker that turns into a late-game ace.

Outmaneuver is probably solid on Vonreg to keep his damage consistent even if he has to take the deplete token. Dropping Kylo to Blackout keeps you high-initiative and frees up more points, but loses the force.

41 minutes ago, DexterOnone said:

Fine Tuned Thrusters is after you fully execute a manoeuvre, so you can take a deplete or strain to lock or barrel roll before performing a daredevil boost. ;)

I totally misread that! Nice!

So, tested this out and sm currently 2 / 1 in casual games. The list did very well against aces and swarm, but folded hard against scurg with bombs and arc everywhere. A good approach is crucial to the list. You want to bait and split as much as possible since all ship can run away very fast, and try to make the opponent run after one ship will let the others do lot of damage. 

Mag pulse is seriously op. Double mod your attack with vonreg, and even if you lost bid, at least you shoot first and get to make one enemy shop harmless. Vader absolutly hates those deplete + jam, because it means he fires a single red die, so vonreg is a great answer to him if youve been outbidded.

All in all, ill need more practice with vonreg but im liking it so far!

On ‎1‎/‎14‎/‎2020 at 8:02 PM, Greebwahn said:

I totally misread that! Nice!

And then one blue move can clear both strain and stress...

You are limited to lock instead of focus for a token, and to roll-then-boost for repositioning, but it's still a bloody squirrely ship.

It's almost certainly bad, but why stop at Vonreg and two buddies? You can theoretically get four ships at initiative 6/6/6/7 with Vonreg, Midnight, Rush, and Null.

If Rush is damaged and Null is not, you're running four ships at i6+. It's even hyperspace legal and has 14 points leftover for upgrades or bid.

Edited by player3503606