Sign in to follow this  
UnitOmega

Announcements and Previews in Febuary

1 hour ago, UnitOmega said:

Just stealing some images which were stolen from Discord. Feel free to steal them again and share them with your friends.

1578954991398.jpg

1578955053232.jpg

1578955114046.jpg

Stream would be referring to the Legion stream already announced for FFG Live, on the 23rd, probably. 

Can't see the images

30 minutes ago, Lochlan said:

While it's great to know that announcements are coming, it's frustrating to know that they're about a month out still. It has already been over 5 months since an announcement for CIS or GAR. 

Agreed.

Whilst I don't want to sound impatient is it normal to have over 6 months between announcing product and it being available for purchase? August 1st last years seems like a long time ago since the announced the P2's, B2's and tanks and for FFG now to say "Yay were going to announce more new products coming up" without actually having the previously announced products out just seems odd.

I'm not an expert but generally you don't want to clutter up the customers' minds too much I think, and we're on schedule for like 8 releases all to drop in late Jan. If those had actually beat the holiday logjam we probably could have rolled out announcements this month, but they didn't so marketing adjusts its schedule. 

As for the gap with the CW announcements, that is a bit long (barring surprise Dooku & Rex) but it was a big show at Gencon and CW hype was at its highest, so it probably made sense to push the CW product first to the audience, even if technically that was taking longer to get sorted out. 

What’s Legion 101? Is this some kind of online announcement or is that what they’re calling the games they have been videoing where they use the new stuff that hasn’t been revealed? If so, does that mean they’re going to show the CW tanks, P2s &B2s, in a match played online?

I do like the video approach, but I also would like an article. It is easier for most List Builders to work off the photos from an article, then to cut and paste from video, and we never get the whole reveal when they play a game, some cards are always unspoiled. And for the record, when I say “article”, I don’t think it needs much of a write up, just enough to add photos of the cards. Just sayin’. But I am looking forward to the video... if that’s what they were talking about.

5 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

Just stealing some images which were stolen from Discord. Feel free to steal them again and share them with your friends.

1578954991398.jpg

1578955053232.jpg

1578955114046.jpg

Stream would be referring to the Legion stream already announced for FFG Live, on the 23rd, probably. 

I would hope they would announce new miniatures when the next wave comes lol.

11 hours ago, Mace Windu said:

Whilst I don't want to sound impatient is it normal to have over 6 months between announcing product and it being available for purchase? August 1st last years seems like a long time ago since the announced the P2's, B2's and tanks and for FFG now to say "Yay were going to announce more new products coming up" without actually having the previously announced products out just seems odd.

You must be new to FFG.

10 hours ago, UnitOmega said:

I'm not an expert but generally you don't want to clutter up the customers' minds too much I think, and we're on schedule for like 8 releases all to drop in late Jan. If those had actually beat the holiday logjam we probably could have rolled out announcements this month, but they didn't so marketing adjusts its schedule. 

As for the gap with the CW announcements, that is a bit long (barring surprise Dooku & Rex) but it was a big show at Gencon and CW hype was at its highest, so it probably made sense to push the CW product first to the audience, even if technically that was taking longer to get sorted out. 

It is also likely FFG didn't foresee the logistics problems they've been having lately with at least Legion product, which has been the source of many of the delays as far as I know.

10 hours ago, JediPartisan said:

What’s Legion 101? Is this some kind of online announcement or is that what they’re calling the games they have been videoing where they use the new stuff that hasn’t been revealed? If so, does that mean they’re going to show the CW tanks, P2s &B2s, in a match played online?

According to LJ on Facebook, Legion 101 will be a series of articles prepared by the community designed to help newer players learn the game. The first article in the series will be released today.

10 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

It is also likely FFG didn't foresee the logistics problems they've been having lately with at least Legion product, which has been the source of many of the delays as far as I know.

How could FFG not foresee supply chain and logistics problems? FFG always has these problems.

17 hours ago, Caimheul1313 said:

They've been particularly worse of late.

I think an argument could be made that they have been normal of late and that the monthly releases for Legion were the exception. Depends on the time period you use for setting the baseline on FFG supply reliability.

2 minutes ago, NeonWolf said:

I think an argument could be made that they have been normal of late and that the monthly releases for Legion were the exception. Depends on the time period you use for setting the baseline on FFG supply reliability.

Fair point. I suppose it's not quite as noticable on board games and card games. Thinking back, I guess X-wing V1 had some issues, at least for restocking. 

7 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

Fair point. I suppose it's not quite as noticable on board games and card games. Thinking back, I guess X-wing V1 had some issues, at least for restocking. 

Armada Wave 1 was 6 months late. Destiny...'nuff said. Star Wars LCG had issues, lots of issues. Runewars.

I think the board games aren't as noticeable since they are usually a single release. If they are delayed then it's not as big a deal as a game with supposedly regular releases

Just now, NeonWolf said:

Armada Wave 1 was 6 months late. Destiny...'nuff said. Star Wars LCG had issues, lots of issues. Runewars.

I think the board games aren't as noticeable since they are usually a single release. If they are delayed then it's not as big a deal as a game with supposedly regular releases

I think it's also that the fanbase isn't as vocal as a miniatures or collectable card game. Especially if the factions are significantly more unbalanced while waiting for that delayed release. FFG has released more than a few expansions for their board games, but it's not like the game is incomplete until the release. 

There have also been various RPG books delayed, like the initial Clone Wars era book that was around a year late. 

7 minutes ago, Caimheul1313 said:

There have also been various RPG books delayed

I'm really hoping this Legion stuff finally being released means that the next L5R Book Path of Waves is soon because it was also caught in that batch of delays. Then I can wait two months for the PDF as usual.