Jump to content
Singulativ

Limited Edition Naboo Royal N-1

Recommended Posts

26 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

They already struggle with the logistics of a supply chain for regular products. I don’t want to think about how messed up a Kickstarter like promo funding would go for them.

I mean, it’s a cool idea but I just don’t see how they have the bandwidth to do it.

Also, I do like the idea of worlds having something exclusive. It’s the world championships: let people have their souvenirs. And I say this as someone who by no means has a guarantee to get in (LCQ last time, and I plan on trying lcq again this year but if I don’t get in I Probably won’t have the ship)

Just win a hyperspace trial. /s

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

@KCDodger Didn't Padme have a full chrome N1 in some of the filler media (novels, comics or possibly the Clone Wars cartoon) set between Ep 2 and 3? There's allot of "dur, not Canon!!!" going around right now.

Yup!

16 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

I tagged who I did because I know this stuff is up their alley. Thanks for the info.

Glad I'm a guru!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

They already struggle with the logistics of a supply chain for regular products. I don’t want to think about how messed up a Kickstarter like promo funding would go for them.

I mean, it’s a cool idea but I just don’t see how they have the bandwidth to do it.

Also, I do like the idea of worlds having something exclusive. It’s the world championships: let people have their souvenirs. And I say this as someone who by no means has a guarantee to get in (LCQ last time, and I plan on trying lcq again this year but if I don’t get in I Probably won’t have the ship)

I think you have missed my point. Although I agree with the logistics issue you mentioned. 
Exclusives are divisive. Should someone in Australia miss out purely based on that they were born there and circumstances say they can’t get to a top event? 
I never had an issue with alt worlds pilot cards, but I think ships is a step too far. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

I think you have missed my point. Although I agree with the logistics issue you mentioned. 
Exclusives are divisive. Should someone in Australia miss out purely based on that they were born there and circumstances say they can’t get to a top event? 
I never had an issue with alt worlds pilot cards, but I think ships is a step too far. 

I guess we see things differently.

A good thing happening to Alice does not mean a bad thing has happened to Bob merely because it didn’t happen for him too.

I totally missed out on the golden vulture. Zero percent chance of it happening. Same for the Legion alternate model Vader (Star Wars celebration US) and Obi-Wan (convention in Germany). I was not upset that others could get the new toy and I could not.

If it doesn’t have different game stats and it’s just aesthetic, then it is just a neat souvenir or toy. That’s it. And it does not put me at any disadvantage to miss out on one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, ScummyRebel said:

I guess we see things differently.

A good thing happening to Alice does not mean a bad thing has happened to Bob merely because it didn’t happen for him too.

I totally missed out on the golden vulture. Zero percent chance of it happening. Same for the Legion alternate model Vader (Star Wars celebration US) and Obi-Wan (convention in Germany). I was not upset that others could get the new toy and I could not.

If it doesn’t have different game stats and it’s just aesthetic, then it is just a neat souvenir or toy. That’s it. And it does not put me at any disadvantage to miss out on one.

I did a quick search on eBay for Plo worlds. There is one on there starting at 627 Australian dollars. People aren’t  getting these solely for collecting. They are trying to gouge some poor sap out of his cash. 
This isn’t about me missing out on a toy, I fly primarily Empire and FO. Used to be Scum, but that’s a sad story. 

Edited by Archangelspiv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Archangelspiv said:

I did a quick search on eBay for Plo worlds. There is one on there starting at 627 Australian dollars. People are getting these solely for collecting profiteering. They are trying to gouge some poor sap out of his cash. 
This isn’t about me missing out on a toy, 

This.  Although FTFY since someone who bought it as a collector would not be reselling it immediately.

23 hours ago, Hiemfire said:

We have 2 differing opinions of what a "scalper" is then. I understand them to be people who purchase items with limited release windows (discount tickets, limited edition prints, etc.) for resale after the release window is closed or to those who couldn't get to the location in time. They aren't "stealing" anything, though their activities can be very inconvenient for others, especially for those looking to purchase items with extremely narrow release windows.

I mean, this is the benign way of looking at the situation; that these resellers/brokers/investors are helping out the poor unfortunate souls who cannot "make the window."  Not surprisingly, they make a profit providing this "service."  In this case, it seems they make a 3000% profit (is there such a thing as mini-bro?). 

But they are potentially stealing something; they are stealing the "window of opportunity" from someone who is actually in the window to give it to someone who is not. . .at a profit to themselves.  This is scalping.  And when I say "scalper," it's a pejorative.  The term literally comes from people tearing other people's hair off to make money.

Lastly, I'm a little dubious of any process that inserts a middleman-for-profit in any transaction that should be creator-to-owner.  In most cases it's just someone who's figured out a way to explain why a previously unnecessary service is good for the world, while they conveniently inflate the cost of that transaction for themselves.

Nobody deserves to pay $627 for a toy, even if they are stupid enough to do so.  It's not "good capitalism;" it's privilege and (fiduciary) power.

In the long run, Not only is FFG's new program more fair to players, it's more fair to FFG, who should be seeing almost all the profits from Limited Edition versions of their toy spaceship game.  The gaming industry isn't super profitable in the first place; none of these guys are becoming millionaires making XWM for us.  So, if we want them to make us more toy spaceships, we need to be giving our money to FFG, not EBay.

Edited by Darth Meanie

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Archangelspiv said:

I did a quick search on eBay for Plo worlds. There is one on there starting at 627 Australian dollars. People aren’t  getting these solely for collecting. They are trying to gouge some poor sap out of his cash. 

And that’s FFG’s fault? there will always be someone who values the money more than the product; and someone who values the product enough. That’s not my business.

Furthermore, the Plo ship could not actually be purchased. You had to participate in worlds to get it.

Call it what you want, but at the end of the day it’s about you being mad something good happened to Alice when Bob didn’t have the same thing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, ScummyRebel said:

And that’s FFG’s fault? there will always be someone who values the money more than the product; and someone who values the product enough. That’s not my business.

Furthermore, the Plo ship could not actually be purchased. You had to participate in worlds to get it.

Call it what you want, but at the end of the day it’s about you being mad something good happened to Alice when Bob didn’t have the same thing.

When did I say I was mad. But good story bro. 
 

I am pretty sure I am trying to advocate for Alice because Bob is never at home and she really needs the help. She does what she can, but she isn’t as spritely as she used to be. And you know what Bobs like. Poor Alice. 
 

That’s how much sense your analogy made. 

Edited by Archangelspiv

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Rouge Five said:

Looked around and didn’t see anything. Are they still selling this on 3/25 even though events are being canceled?

No news yet. I’m sure they’ve been way too busy trying to solve other fires.

But I would not bet on them going out until they go at an actual event somewhere.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Wittrik said:

Any update? Are we going to be able to order those?

No update and doubtful.

1 hour ago, PanchoX1 said:

I cant get on the site.

Yup, they let their ssl expire so nobody is getting through. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...