Singulativ

Limited Edition Naboo Royal N-1

2 hours ago, Erny said:
Can someone who has received the code change their minds to take the fighter and wants to share the code?

Not convinced that is how it works. The code could be linked to the person, unless it’s the same code for all. 

5 minutes ago, librarian101 said:

Did anyone who registered for AdeptiCon and the system open get an email, I registered for both, but have received nothing yet.

I know some people who were registered and did get their email. I’d reach out to Matt Holland about it if you were registered and saw nothing (after doing basic checks like investigating the spam folder etc)

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

Not convinced that is how it works. The code could be linked to the person, unless it’s the same code for all. 

On Reddit others were giving away their codes and someone else would post that they used it an it works. So assuming both weren't lying it seems the code is not tied to a person.

In both cases I tried within 3 minutes and wasn't the choice one.

Would love to get my hands on a code been trying this past day like crazy!!!

1 hour ago, librarian101 said:

Did anyone who registered for AdeptiCon and the system open get an email, I registered for both, but have received nothing yet.

I have gotten my email and have redeemed my code. I'd check your junk email, and if you have gmail, I'd check the social and promotions tabs. Stuff for conventions often gets sorted into the promotions tab.

45 minutes ago, Kingsguard said:

Looks like I missed out on the code also. This sucks.

And of course you have people signing up for the code with no intention of buying one. Bloody rude if you ask me.

If they don’t use the code in a week, there’s a new drawing on April 21 so while it may be rude it won’t ruin it for anyone who wants one 

1 hour ago, ScummyRebel said:

If they don’t use the code in a week, there’s a new drawing on April 21 so while it may be rude it won’t ruin it for anyone who wants one 

That plus considering most of the people I’ve seen who signed up, got a code and are passing are people who live out of the country and don’t want to pay high shipping costs. I can’t fault them for signing up because they wanted one but decided the shipping was too high. All those that pass for these reasons, or really any reason since we are in the middle of a pandemic, will be entered back into a second lottery. I’d like to know the numbers produced on these, I know at least five people who signed up in my area and didn’t get picked, only two I know of in the area that did get picked. I’m thinking the numbers on these are going to be quite low compared to demand, congrats to those who did get a code. Hopefully this will show FFG that there is demand for limited paint apps and we will see more of these type things in the future. And hopefully they will be like Tusken Raiders, they will return and in greater numbers. 

1 minute ago, Vykk Draygo said:

That plus considering most of the people I’ve seen who signed up, got a code and are passing are people who live out of the country and don’t want to pay high shipping costs. I can’t fault them for signing up because they wanted one but decided the shipping was too high. All those that pass for these reasons, or really any reason since we are in the middle of a pandemic, will be entered back into a second lottery. I’d like to know the numbers produced on these, I know at least five people who signed up in my area and didn’t get picked, only two I know of in the area that did get picked. I’m thinking the numbers on these are going to be quite low compared to demand, congrats to those who did get a code. Hopefully this will show FFG that there is demand for limited paint apps and we will see more of these type things in the future. And hopefully they will be like Tusken Raiders, they will return and in greater numbers. 

I live in Canada, and before registering, I checked with a normal Naboo fighter the shipping cost from FFG directly. I had two options, one at 12$, the other one at 40$. So I said sure, 12$ US for shipping isn't so bad. But with the code for the Special Edition, I just have the 40$ option for shipping. I emailed them, but I won't pay 40$ shipping for it. So I guess there is a good chance that a lot (not all) of international winners will end up not ordering it.

Posted (edited)
14 minutes ago, Vykk Draygo said:

Hopefully this will show FFG that there is demand for limited paint apps and we will see more of these type things in the future. And hopefully they will be like Tusken Raiders, they will return and in greater numbers. 

I'm not sure what the logistics would be for FFG, but the system I'd like to see is this:

Have a 7-10 days window to place a request with FFG for purchasing the next LE figure.

Pre-order from FFG.

Wait however many months it takes for FFG to get them manufactured and shipped.

Also, let individuals order up to 4-6. 

Because:

10 minutes ago, Viperhook said:

I live in Canada, and before registering, I checked with a normal Naboo fighter the shipping cost from FFG directly. I had two options, one at 12$, the other one at 40$. So I said sure, 12$ US for shipping isn't so bad. But with the code for the Special Edition, I just have the 40$ option for shipping. I emailed them, but I won't pay 40$ shipping for it. So I guess there is a good chance that a lot (not all) of international winners will end up not ordering it.

International players could group together and get a box of ships sent together to reduce each player's shipping costs.

All things considered, I think "Limited Edition" should stand for finite temporal accessibility, not rarity/blind luck.

And because every rejection letter FFG sends was "Nah, we didn't need your 20 bucks.  We're good." 

Edited by Darth Meanie

2 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

International players could group together and get a box of ships sent together to reduce each player's shipping costs.

Not with a limit of one per account and a deadline that's coming soon sadly. I know it's not perfect and not blaming FFG, I just find it weird that they took out the cheaper shipping option, because I'm pretty sure it's not more money for them, just for USPS (or whoever ships, can't remember)

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Darth Meanie said:

All things considered, I think "Limited Edition" should stand for finite temporal accessibility, not rarity/blind luck.

Well, that is what it stood for initially. Finitely available at Adepticon or on the store during the Adepticon timeframe. Then Covid happened. Then presumably thousands of folks trying to get a Limited Edition crashed the site, so now we are on the third iteration of what "limited edition" means which happened to be a lottery.

Edited by 5050Saint

Sadly didn't get a code. 

If anybody doesn't want to use their code send it to me 😉

Otherwise have to hope I will randomly still get one after 21st. 

I just received an answer on facebook from Matt Holland about the shipping cost for the limited N-1 ship:

"I believe the webstore folks are looking into this, but nothing I can share quite yet."

He also answered that people who received a code will be informed by mail about this when there will be something to share.

Those who were about to give up on buying the ship should definitely wait before offering their code or putting it back into the pool 😃

6 hours ago, Viperhook said:

Not with a limit of one per account and a deadline that's coming soon sadly. I know it's not perfect and not blaming FFG, I just find it weird that they took out the cheaper shipping option, because I'm pretty sure it's not more money for them, just for USPS (or whoever ships, can't remember)

Yeah, not sure of the shipping end.  And yes, they would have to allow folks to get more than one.  But I am also suggesting that Supply = Demand, so people buying multiples doesn't matter.

5 hours ago, 5050Saint said:

Well, that is what it stood for initially. Finitely available at Adepticon or on the store during the Adepticon timeframe. Then Covid happened. Then presumably thousands of folks trying to get a Limited Edition crashed the site, so now we are on the third iteration of what "limited edition" means which happened to be a lottery.

Not really.

If they don't have enough for everyone now, they still would not have had enough for everyone who wanted to order one during Adepticon weekend.

There have been 3 limiters to Limited Edition:

A.  Geography.

B.  Opportunity Window.

C.  Quantity.

A. has been mitigated fully {unless you toss Shipping Costs back in, in which case it really has not.}

B. has at least a reasonable opportunity (but only for those "in the know" and who really stay on top of things}.   Bless everyone who tagged me NUMEROUS TIMES because they want to see me have one.

C. is still clearly leaving lots of folks disappointed.

And like I said before, "C" is just cash FFG left on the table.  I think these ships can still be special, even if everyone who wanted one in April 2020 got one, and then they are gone.

On 4/14/2020 at 3:22 PM, grokssilk said:

received my reply, not selected by draw - looking for a code, if anybody has one they're not going to use I'd be mighty grateful!  :)

still seeking - if anybody isn't going to use their code and would like to sell it, hit me up!

In the end, I’m okay with them handling this the way they have. It’s obviously a bit of a cluster to have a big con cancel out from underneath them, and the very notion of “con exclusive” for these has lost its meaning anyway. Getting one would be neat, but I ain’t arsed if I need to spend my Trumpbucks somewhere else.

10 hours ago, Darth Meanie said:

Bless everyone who tagged me NUMEROUS TIMES because they want to see me have one.

Not a problem 🙂 

The more I see the cluster that happened with the N1, the more I agree with you about how to do LE ships. I used to be ok with the “hey here’s a big event souvenir” — maybe I still am ok with it to some degree, but I definitely think the “try to make a little of everyone happy” medium road was a total disaster on their part.