Singulativ

Limited Edition Naboo Royal N-1

2 minutes ago, XPav said:

Welcome, everyone, to the second annual "complain about or defend Adepticon repaints" thread!  

Er... yes. That's a given. 

That said, the option to buy them online from the FFG store does mitigate the initial knee jerk... if people read the article anyway

It's very pretty. Ultimately, it costs comparatively little to produce, looks striking and doesn't impact gameplay at all. If you're going to have event-exclusive(ish) stuff to try and draw people to the events, that's the right way to do it.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford it, but I know at least one friend who's likely to pounce given the chance.

18 minutes ago, XPav said:

Welcome, everyone, to the second annual "complain about or defend Adepticon repaints" thread!  

Tbh I was more curious if this is connected to the closing of FFI and other rumors about financial trouble.

Happy to see another convention repaint

If purchasing one from the convention is anything like last year's vulture droid though, the "50 per day" limit will be sold out before the doors even open. So most going to Adepticon aren't going to get one. Glad to see there's a chance to get one through FFG's website though.

54 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Was the Adepticon exclusive available on the webstore last year?

If not, at least they heard some of the complaints by making it available through another route, even if it will be limited run.

It was not available online last year. And yes they are listening. I’m hoping I can nab one.

Matt Holland is quoting at saying it will be max 2 per person online, and really likely to be 1 per person. Makes me happy someone won’t snipe them all for resale.

10 minutes ago, h0racio said:

And they're making the regular yellow version not Hyperspace legal anymore right? 😁

Don’t give them ideas!!

1 hour ago, XPav said:

And those complaints have led to (IMHO) positive change:

48 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

If not, at least they heard some of the complaints by making it available through another route, even if it will be limited run.

Now everyone has a chance to own one. . .

43 minutes ago, Derpzilla88 said:

If purchasing one from the convention is anything like last year's vulture droid though, the "50 per day" limit will be sold out before the doors even open. So most going to Adepticon aren't going to get one. Glad to see there's a chance to get one through FFG's website though.

. . .maybe.

Hopefully they make plenty.  And, if not, maybe they will understand the scale of demand for these products and get the number right next time.

In any event, I'm glad that sales of this product will ALL go to support FFG and the growth of the game, not to scalpers.

3 minutes ago, Darth Meanie said:

I'm glad that sales of this product will ALL go to support FFG and the growth of the game, not to scalpers

"Scalpers" will just sit on their purchases till FFG stops selling them. This won't stop "scalpers". It does make it available to people that wouldn't make it to Adepticon, if their internet connection doesn't have issues.

1 hour ago, Derpzilla88 said:

Matt Holland has said in facebook comments that everyone playing at Adepticon will have one reserved for them.  Still need to shell out the $20 but no more standing in lines and hoping.