ExplosiveTooka

Vassal RITR Campaign

edit: if you are interested in joining please fill this form out:https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdujXG3EQHWXlqj_KpaQJGLpOtFaF9GqmVAvaHGz1XlBI5J2Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

Teams will be assigned at some time this week, and we will hopefully be doing a campaign round once a week. 

Some folks have expressed interest in an online campaign. We will accept sign ups until the end of January. After that, we will form groups and have a week to submit lists. There may be a small delay if the onager and Starhawk are not completely spoiled and only a few days from release. Then we will have one game cycle every two weeks until each campaign is finished. 

If both players agree, TTS can be used instead of Vassal.

Please sign up below.

•  
Edited by ExplosiveTooka

@BrobaFett I figured we should wait until the end of the month? We can push it to earlier but I get regular access to wifi back on wednesday due to the move.

@geek19tomorrow I will make a google form for preferred play times and preferred faction, as well as a question on which of the two is more important to the player.

On 1/16/2020 at 1:15 PM, ExplosiveTooka said:

@BrobaFett I figured we should wait until the end of the month? We can push it to earlier but I get regular access to wifi back on wednesday due to the move.

@geek19tomorrow I will make a google form for preferred play times and preferred faction, as well as a question on which of the two is more important to the player.

That sounds fine by me, I just know from experience these things have a tendency to go away if they aren't acted on quick and run at a pretty quick pace throughout. There is NOTHING worse than having someone ghost a campaign 3 rounds in cause they simply forgot about it since it was moving too slow.

Doing the google form seems like a great idea as a first step, so maybe get that out asap and give till next Weds when you have wifi to get that done, and then if you want any help going through and sorting the stuff out and forming a couple of teams and things I'd be happy to pitch in. That would likely have us getting teams and things ordered by Friday, and then the weekend to coordinate and build fleets for a Monday Jan 27 start, then a 1 week per round timeline to get games done.

It looks like there is enough for a couple teams, so thanks for throwing this out as there is obviously a lot of interest.

PS - In addition to preferred times and factions, make sure to self approximation of the player skill. Something like a 1-10 rating where 1 being brand new to the game and still learning complicated mechanics to 10 being a past regional or above champion.

So here is the form, a little late

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdujXG3EQHWXlqj_KpaQJGLpOtFaF9GqmVAvaHGz1XlBI5J2Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

@KevinBakon @BrobaFett @ChavoGuerrero @Ginkapo @l3ct3r @CommanderDave @Green Knight @jp82729 @Do I need a Username @Cael @MandalorianMoose @RaptorRitter13

So we will move up the time table a bit. Fill out da form and we will start assigning teams over the week. Sorry for the radio silence, moving troubles 2 electric boogaloo happened.

Unfortunately, I’ve got a woodworking project that’s taking up a lot of my free time right now and it’s extending out a bit longer than anticipated. I can’t commit to this one. Thanks so much for organizing it though, it would have been fun!

On 1/25/2020 at 2:15 AM, ExplosiveTooka said:

So here is the form, a little late

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdujXG3EQHWXlqj_KpaQJGLpOtFaF9GqmVAvaHGz1XlBI5J2Q/viewform?usp=sf_link

@KevinBakon @BrobaFett @ChavoGuerrero @Ginkapo @l3ct3r @CommanderDave @Green Knight @jp82729 @Do I need a Username @Cael @MandalorianMoose @RaptorRitter13

So we will move up the time table a bit. Fill out da form and we will start assigning teams over the week. Sorry for the radio silence, moving troubles 2 electric boogaloo happened.

Signed up. Thanks for organizing. 

I haven't touched RitR yet.

Let me see if I understand:

• We play task force games starting at 200 pts, with fleets capped at 300.
  • Using the "free" custom commanders from the rules booklet.
  • Sometimes we play give battles with 3vs3 players