spectre113

Need building tips for Rolling Droidekas

I've been trying to build these things for a couple days now and I'm starting to get frustrated with them. I can't find any posts of anyone else struggling with them so I thought I'd give it a post.

The rolling Droideka leg is far too thin to keep it glued to the base, and it's too thin to drill to pin to the base with a paperclip. How have other people solved this problem? How do you get your rolling droideka to stay on its base?

I apologize if this ended up in the wrong place.

On 1/11/2020 at 12:05 PM, Polda said:

Roll it a bit forward and glue the "head" to the base instead, or tilt it to one side and glue the side legs too - it will look like it's cornering.

I did that by accident, actually prefer it too

On 1/11/2020 at 3:56 AM, 54NCH32 said:

I did consider a bit of green stuff under the leg (bit more solid than superglue), before abandoning them

I actually did this, but it popped off the hardened green stuff.  So I just dropped a blob of superglue on it and sprayed it with an accelerator.  It’s stuck in a blob but it’s firmly attached to the base.

It may well not be worth it to build these for the game.  But it’s not in my constitution to leave two models sitting unbuilt out of the package.