01jbell

Republic hyperspace first time

Hi, 

Trying to get my self in to the republic faction and after the most recent points increase and changes to hyperspace has caused me to rethink all my lists. 

So I have come up with a hyperspace list. Not had any experience with republic so may be missing some good weapons still available in hyper space. 

Any advice and or changes would be great to hear. I would say I am not a great player/ experienced player. so some thing that is not too difficult to use would be perfect. 

Obi-Wan Kenobi — Delta-7 Aethersprite 48
Calibrated Laser Targeting 4
Ship Total: 52
Half Points: 26 Threshold: 2

Plo Koon — Delta-7 Aethersprite 44
Calibrated Laser Targeting 4
Ship Total: 48
Half Points: 24 Threshold: 2

"Broadside" — BTL-B Y-Wing 36
Ion Cannon Turret 5
R4 Astromech 2
Proton Bombs 5
Ship Total: 48
Half Points: 24 Threshold: 4

“Wolffe” — ARC-170 Starfighter 50
Ship Total: 50
Half Points: 25 Threshold: 5

I've been playing republic since it came out, and it definetely feels like all of our toys have been left out from hyperspace since the format change. However, I've been looking for hyperspace lists myself, and i think that Yons + CLT jedi is the best the republic can do as well!

Not sure about Wolffe though, since the big decrease in points for generics means there will be a lot of swarm type lists in hyperspace, and 1. ARCs melt under focus fire; 2. Due to their straightforward movement patterns they also have a hard time avoiding jousts;

I'd maybe try a 3rd Jedi in place of the ARC, probably Luminara, since the jedi with CLT can do good stuff against swarms.

About broadside, i immediatly tried to put proximity mines on it, only to realize they're not HS legal now :P I agree that proton bombs is the best bomb available to the Y right now (and you want one to shake off flankers), but i'm keeping my eye on the cluster mines and ion bomb once they come out.

There's a bunch of stuff you can do with the remaining points, but i would invest them mostly on astromechs. Aside from r4, which is good on all these platforms, r4-p17 is also quite interesting. I would either put r4p17 on Obi and r4 on broadside, or r4 on all of them.

This is my favorite version:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (48)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Calibrated Laser Targeting (4)    

Ship total: 54  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 2    

Plo Koon (44)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    

Ship total: 50  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 2    

Luminara Unduli (43)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Calibrated Laser Targeting (3)    

Ship total: 48  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 2    

"Broadside" (36)    
    Ion Cannon Turret (5)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Proton Bombs (5)    

Ship total: 48  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 4    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Republic&d=v8ZhZ200Z278XW5W200WY312XW5W200WY274XW5W200WY364XW138WWW5W69W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

Honestly sir, I think this is an EXCELLENT list.

CLT Plo and Obi are potent aces - I would add R4-P17 to one of them.

Wolffe is a superb beater even naked.

And Broadside does WORK. You'd have to lose the bombs to include the droid, but I think that's worth it

1 hour ago, LeMightyASP said:

I've been playing republic since it came out, and it definetely feels like all of our toys have been left out from hyperspace since the format change. However, I've been looking for hyperspace lists myself, and i think that Yons + CLT jedi is the best the republic can do as well!

Not sure about Wolffe though, since the big decrease in points for generics means there will be a lot of swarm type lists in hyperspace, and 1. ARCs melt under focus fire; 2. Due to their straightforward movement patterns they also have a hard time avoiding jousts;

I'd maybe try a 3rd Jedi in place of the ARC, probably Luminara, since the jedi with CLT can do good stuff against swarms.

About broadside, i immediatly tried to put proximity mines on it, only to realize they're not HS legal now :P I agree that proton bombs is the best bomb available to the Y right now (and you want one to shake off flankers), but i'm keeping my eye on the cluster mines and ion bomb once they come out.

There's a bunch of stuff you can do with the remaining points, but i would invest them mostly on astromechs. Aside from r4, which is good on all these platforms, r4-p17 is also quite interesting. I would either put r4p17 on Obi and r4 on broadside, or r4 on all of them.

This is my favorite version:

Obi-Wan Kenobi (48)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    

Ship total: 54  Half Points: 27  Threshold: 2    

Plo Koon (44)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    

Ship total: 50  Half Points: 25  Threshold: 2    

Luminara Unduli (43)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Calibrated Laser Targeting (3)    

Ship total: 48  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 2    

"Broadside" (36)    
    Ion Cannon Turret (5)    
    R4 Astromech (2)    
    Proton Bombs (5)    

Ship total: 48  Half Points: 24  Threshold: 4    

Total: 200    

View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0: https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galactic Republic&d=v8ZhZ200Z278XW5W200WY312XW5W200WY274XW5W200WY364XW138WWW5W69W&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

That seems like a great list will try that. My first pass at a list was 3 jedi but thought the bass 2 attack dice ships would not be great. However I think people are right that a arc in a swarm based meta will burn out too quickly.  

25 minutes ago, 01jbell said:

That seems like a great list will try that. My first pass at a list was 3 jedi but thought the bass 2 attack dice ships would not be great. However I think people are right that a arc in a swarm based meta will burn out too quickly.  

I also forgot to mention that the ARC gets blocked really easily too, which is another nail in the coffin. I'd love to be wrong about these assesments, but i do think that the ARC is not going to fare great against the meta

25 minutes ago, LeMightyASP said:

I also forgot to mention that the ARC gets blocked really easily too, which is another nail in the coffin. I'd love to be wrong about these assesments, but i do think that the ARC is not going to fare great against the meta

I forgot it is a medium base now. Yeah it will be a lot easier to block. If broadside can get some thing ion the three other jedi will know where it is going and can line up the bulls eye so much easier. 

My personal preference is for Foresight on Plo because of the option to use it as a soft-modded range 3 primary attack which denies them a range bonus.

CLT is too good on Obi because of his pilot ability so stays.

I've also been experimenting with R5, the poor man's R2. Since you have Fine Tuned Controls and Force you can often afford to sacrifice the action.

I can't get enough of Daredevil Ric, who gets to keep his R2 because it just about squeezes in.

Obligatory Ion Broadside because he's fantastic and also tends to soak up a lot of early fire leaving the 5 5 5 aces to do their thing.

Plobi-Wan Kenolie

(44) Plo Koon [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(4) R5 Astromech
(4) Foresight

(48) Obi-Wan Kenobi [Delta-7 Aethersprite]
(4) R5 Astromech
(4) Calibrated Laser Targeting

(42) Ric Olié [Naboo Royal N-1 Starfighter]
(7) R2 Astromech
(2) Daredevil

(36) "Broadside" [BTL-B Y-wing]
(5) Ion Cannon Turret