EagleScoutof007

Clone Wars core box and ship predictions

So here we go, this is probably going to be longer than necessary, but I have a few theories for it.

If FFG makes a dual faction Clone Wars Core set that follows the 2small vs 1 med of the original set:

If the GAR has 2 smalls, my guess is the Charger C70 and Pelta Med Frigate vs Munificent frigate, (aka The Clone Wars TV show set).

If CIS has 2 smalls then my guess is: the Hardcell transport and Diamond class frigate vs the Acclamator (aka the Episode 2 AotC set).

Honestly I would rather see a different setup, where FFG makes the "Armada Toolbox" with the Rules, Dice, Movement tool, Range Ruler, Obstacles and Damage deck, and then release faction starters (similar to Xwings Servants of Strife and Guardians of the Republic sets) along with premium damage decks for all 4 factions with faction-specific imagery on the cards.

FFG Made an “Essentials” pack And faction specific core sets for the 3rd and 4th factions for Runewars and they all seemed really well received. 

I can’t say they will again, but they should at least know that it’s an option that the player base likes

Id love something like a medium/small base in each faction core set. Like an Acclamator/Charger set and a Munificent / Hardcell set or something

Edited by Church14

I hope the new core box comes in three flavors: CIS v GAR, CIS core, GAR core. This way those who are looking to get one faction or the other can get their chosen faction without any extra stuff while new players can get a ready to play experience to try out the game. 

I just hope the Venator isn't going to be a large base ship, and we get a Republic Victory-class with a different upgrade set. Possibly support team instead of the weapons team and defense instead of offensive retrofit. 

4 hours ago, Truthiness said:

Didn't they say they were looking at faction boxes? Or am I making that up in my head?

It is at least the pattern they used with the Clone Wars release for X-Wing.

4 hours ago, Grathew said:

I just hope the Venator isn't going to be a large base ship, and we get a Republic Victory-class with a different upgrade set. Possibly support team instead of the weapons team and defense instead of offensive retrofit.

...not going to happen! Venator is the only ship possible for a large base when it comes to GAR!!

Concerning the Vic. I like the idea of different upgrade slots. 

11 hours ago, TallGiraffe said:

I just really hope they stop with the dual faction starter packs. I am sick of them at this point.

Lol, now I'm getting in into rebels and I'm sure I'm gonna buy into everything I would be happy with the dual faction XD. I get your point though.

12 minutes ago, ovinomanc3r said:

Lol, now I'm getting in into rebels and I'm sure I'm gonna buy into everything I would be happy with the dual faction XD. I get your point though.

It isn't the dual faction part that is the problem. It is the price. It is a big turn off to people when they see they have to get a 100$ box to start a game.

10 minutes ago, TallGiraffe said:

It isn't the dual faction part that is the problem. It is the price. It is a big turn off to people when they see they have to get a 100$ box to start a game.

$100 is a relatively cheap entry to a miniatures game, also the box is ready to play which is nice all things considered. 

Just now, Animewarsdude said:

Maybe they will do that with the release of Clone Wars?

I’m hoping that’s why there hasn’t  been a FAQ released in a while. I hope it will be included into an all-inclusive document released with a clone wars core set. 

I know they aren’t going to do it, but I was hoping a small selection of CW items (such as the acclamator) would be dual-faction (for the Empire in this case).

It makes so much sense. A few extra cards in the box & boom, you can sell an item to a CW player and someone who only plays one faction. 

CW players are happy & so are those who are sticking to GCW. Everyone wins.

8 hours ago, ISD Avenger said:

I know they aren’t going to do it, but I was hoping a small selection of CW items (such as the acclamator) would be dual-faction (for the Empire in this case).

It makes so much sense. A few extra cards in the box & boom, you can sell an item to a CW player and someone who only plays one faction. 

CW players are happy & so are those who are sticking to GCW. Everyone wins.

I don't see them including them with a core set but I think that could absolutely be the first campaign box they release once CW is out.

Having the republic ships compatible with the empire, and the CIS compatible with the rebellion seems to make the most sense. I've stated before that I'm not really interested in prequel factions, but if FFG made the new factions dual use, I'd be more interested in making that purchase.

What I'd really like is a campaign that spans 20 BBY - 0 BBY. Each side starts with republic/CIS ships. Each side can spend some kind of currency/points to upgrade their fleet building capabilities throughout the campaign eventually getting ISDs and MCCs. Of course this only works if the republic/CIS ships are properly under powered compared to their empire/rebel counterparts, which is unlikely since this is a business and not a hobby...

1 minute ago, thestag said:

Having the republic ships compatible with the empire, and the CIS compatible with the rebellion seems to make the most sense. I've stated before that I'm not really interested in prequel factions, but if FFG made the new factions dual use, I'd be more interested in making that purchase.

What I'd really like is a campaign that spans 20 BBY - 0 BBY. Each side starts with republic/CIS ships. Each side can spend some kind of currency/points to upgrade their fleet building capabilities throughout the campaign eventually getting ISDs and MCCs. Of course this only works if the republic/CIS ships are properly under powered compared to their empire/rebel counterparts, which is unlikely since this is a business and not a hobby...

Except they aren’t underpowered compared to the GCW ships. Army design philosophies changed and so did the ship design. There wasn’t just a straight up increase in capability

On 1/10/2020 at 7:55 AM, Grathew said:

I hope the new core box comes in three flavors: CIS v GAR, CIS core, GAR core. This way those who are looking to get one faction or the other can get their chosen faction without any extra stuff while new players can get a ready to play experience to try out the game. 

Victory clas Star Destroyers are significantly smaller then Venators so it makes more sense for the Victory to be medium and the Venator large IMO

2 hours ago, RogueCorona said:

Victory clas Star Destroyers are significantly smaller then Venators so it makes more sense for the Victory to be medium and the Venator large IMO

IIRC the Victory is in the 900m range and the Venators is in the 1,100m to 1,200m range so not much smaller. 

5 hours ago, Grathew said:

IIRC the Victory is in the 900m range and the Venators is in the 1,100m to 1,200m range so not much smaller. 

And if I remember correctly is not the MC80 about 1200? What size is it again? Right large, not saying the Venator should or should not be large as looking it up in Wookapedia says it is between 1137 and 1155, but where is the cut off? Is it right at 1200? I do not know.

6 hours ago, CDAT said:

And if I remember correctly is not the MC80 about 1200? What size is it again? Right large, not saying the Venator should or should not be large as looking it up in Wookapedia says it is between 1137 and 1155, but where is the cut off? Is it right at 1200? I do not know.

I believe the Mc80 in game is the 1,400m version. But I've read lengths from 1,200m to 2,600m