Sign in to follow this  
meffo

new RR again (as you all know, i'm sure)

yaz, very strange - and lots of green in there as well. not all the new stuff is even highlighted. some good clarifications. new tractor rules that seem decent, which i was worried about. they also made a couple of erratas - including landos millennium falcon title so it finally works properly. seems like good changes overall.

4 minutes ago, meffo said:

yaz, very strange - and lots of green in there as well. not all the new stuff is even highlighted. some good clarifications. new tractor rules that seem decent, which i was worried about. they also made a couple of erratas - including landos millennium falcon title so it finally works properly. seems like good changes overall.

I dont think i like the tractor rules as it makes Quadjumpers very weak.. weaker than they were. And i dont think the small point decrease on them will make up for it. 

The green underlines text is direct replacement of what used to be blue underlined text. Since most of it matches the titles for other entries I always thought it was meant to be hyperlinks? It's never worked within the document, but I was just so happy to have text fully formatted so we can copy-paste it that broken hyperlinks hadn't bothered me before. Now it really sticks out with the green though 😕

Just now, nitrobenz said:

I always thought it was meant to be hyperlinks? It's never worked within the document,

Yeah, i was bummed when i found that out. It would be *super* handy if they were links that jumped you to the heading its referencing. 

3 minutes ago, Lyianx said:

I dont think i like the tractor rules as it makes Quadjumpers very weak.. weaker than they were. And i dont think the small point decrease on them will make up for it. 

it's not that bad. rotating costs a stress - and you still won't get to shoot if you end up on top of an asteroid. i think quads are good. maybe not as good as i would have liked them to be since they're like my favourite ship in the game, but still.

also, the new rules for gas clouds is a great addition, even though the punishment could definitely have been harsher.

2 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

I was surprised by the large number of card erratas!

With that proliferation of errata, I'm wondering why Weapons Hardpoint got its contradictory FAQ instead of an errata...?

100% agreed. they just explained how it works, even though the text doesn't match how it works. not good.

Just now, meffo said:

it's not that bad. rotating costs a stress - and you still won't get to shoot if you end up on top of an asteroid. i think quads are good. maybe not as good as i would have liked them to be since they're like my favourite ship in the game, but still.

The problem there, is most Quads are low ini, so its quite probable they would tractor a higher ini ship. Even if they did put them on a rock, they could rotate so their up coming maneuver aimed them in a more favorable direction, even if they were forced to do a 2 straight (from revealing a red). 

2 minutes ago, meffo said:

also, the new rules for gas clouds is a great addition, even though the punishment could definitely have been harsher.

I like it. I dont think they wanted Gas Clouds to be that punishing to begin with. But they just wern't punishing enough to make people want to use them. 

3 minutes ago, Lyianx said:

The problem there, is most Quads are low ini, so its quite probable they would tractor a higher ini ship. Even if they did put them on a rock, they could rotate so their up coming maneuver aimed them in a more favorable direction, even if they were forced to do a 2 straight (from revealing a red). 

I like it. I dont think they wanted Gas Clouds to be that punishing to begin with. But they just wern't punishing enough to make people want to use them. 

i still think it's alright. it's going to cost you a stress, so you might miss your action anyway. it's going to give you opponent some difficult choices. still think quadjumpers should be cheaper, but that's besides the point. i know a lot of people really hated the way spacetug tractor array worked, so at least it's some comfort to them. would be even nicer if you could tractor and turn your own ships without stress, but i guess they didn't think that far, since very few people are dumb enough to tractor your own ships anyways, except yours truly. ;)

i'd have liked to have seen an ion token from gas clouds. would have been brutal. i like brutality. getting rid of a strain is often not a huge deal, since green dice are not even that good in general. they just have the potential to be amazing if you roll them right. ^_^

still a good update overall.

1 minute ago, meffo said:

100% agreed. they just explained how it works, even though the text doesn't match how it works. not good.

With all the previous errata being from immediately on the release of those cards (so they really should be considered corrections rather that errata) I had just about given up on ever seeing another errata so it wouldn't have bothered me so much, but they more than doubled the number of errata with this single update (seven new errata, five of which are for wave 1/2 and conversion cards) so now it does bother me that they didn't make one more errata instead of contradicting Weapons Hardpoint with a "clarification".

would be even nicer if you could tractor and turn your own ships without stress, but i guess they didn't think that far, since very few people are dumb enough to tractor your own ships anyways, except yours truly. ;)

I think they did (thankfully) think of that and intentionally excluded it because of one self tractoring chassis, that being the Nantex. Just imagine if Sun Fac could take a stress to rotate 90 while moving the enemy ship and relocating himself, that would be worth a significant price increase!

1 minute ago, nitrobenz said:

With all the previous errata being from immediately on the release of those cards (so they really should be considered corrections rather that errata) I had just about given up on ever seeing another errata so it wouldn't have bothered me so much, but they more than doubled the number of errata with this single update (seven new errata, five of which are for wave 1/2 and conversion cards) so now it does bother me that they didn't make one more errata instead of contradicting Weapons Hardpoint with a "clarification".

it's not pretty, no. but at least it works. it was evident to begin with, since it wasn't allowed in the squad builder. would honestly have been better if they just ignored it and just let it be ruled by the squad builder. still doesn't look good, though. there have been a pretty great number of erratas. and they keep releasing ships with a primary attack value of 2, just like they did with the scum falcon. the jumpmaster is still a bad ship, even if it's really ´cheap now. there should be an x-wing 3.0 on the horizon. ^_^ no, but at least a cheap card pack and some updated dials in a pack to make some of the content relevant and clean.

1 minute ago, nitrobenz said:

I think they did (thankfully) think of that and intentionally excluded it because of one self tractoring chassis, that being the Nantex. Just imagine if Sun Fac could take a stress to rotate 90 while moving the enemy ship and relocating himself, that would be worth a significant price increase!

i don't think the nantex is a problem or that it ever was a problem, but seems like they are very bothered by it. i should probably face it more, though. it's hardly played in my meta.

the jumpmaster is still a bad ship, even if it's really ´cheap now

Perhaps, but at least with a cannon slot, your not helplessly tied to a red rotate on your primary weapon. I may fly one for laughs to see how it does. 

1 minute ago, Lyianx said:

Perhaps, but at least with a cannon slot, your not helplessly tied to a red rotate on your primary weapon. I may fly one for laughs to see how it does. 

the dengar dream is real! if only trick shot was hyperspace legal. the hyperspace format seems very limited now. but that's a different topic.

Posted (edited)

Why is there only one word in the entirely new Huge Ship FAQ section that is blue? Out of 17 paragraphs of new text, only the word 'Han' is in blue, not even 'Han Solo', just 'Han' 😵

Edited by nitrobenz
Proofread

5 minutes ago, nitrobenz said:

Why is there only one word in the entirely new Huge Ship FAQ section that is blue? Out of 17 paragraphs of new text, only the word 'Han' is in blue, not even 'Han Solo', just 'Han' 😵

I dono but i wondered that myself xD

1 hour ago, nitrobenz said:

I guess they needed to differentiate Han Solo from his evil twin, Hans Solo?

1 hour ago, emeraldbeacon said:

Notable for all the Temmin Wexley + Composure fans out there... the combo doesn't work anymore.  Composure has been errata'd to prevent further actions in the round, so you can't move, fail the free boost for a focus, then lock for double mods without stress.

Along with BB/Sabine composure 😕

At least Sabine still has Debris Gambit going for her (for now...)

I suppose there's still a use for Composure on Sabine, though, on those niche cases where you'd wind up bumping for flying over obstacles, to focus up at the start of activation.  Worth the point?  Probably not, but still.  Plus, Daredevil just got cheaper for her, and that's pretty sweet too.

On the whole, I'm very pleased at the Composure errata.  It was designed as a card to cushion the blow of the new action failure rules, but wound up being a test of how to come up with creative ways to fail actions, to get token stacks that you couldn't normally get.  Upgrades which encourage rules exploits like that... kinda send off some bad vibes, IMHO.

//

Another thing to note: Goji nerf errata.  He no longer triggers from friendly mines (right before Cluster Mines got released), and now it seems like it'll *REALLY* be hard to trigger his ability.  Of course, extended only (the only BTL-B to not make the Hyperspace list).

Well, I'm glad I got to play against him in a wacky game a bit more than a month ago.  Our local TO had an unusual set of rules: you built a 150 point list, and took also a single ship of 68-75 points from a different faction.  Maybe that "hired gun" would swap with your opponent's hired gun.  Anyhow, I wound up playing against Nym, Goji, and two other bombers, laying a tonne of prox mines.  There were a good number of turns where the ships would be rolling 6 attack dice and would have rolled more.  Hilarious game.

Edited by theBitterFig

7 hours ago, nitrobenz said:

I was surprised by the large number of card erratas!

With that proliferation of errata, I'm wondering why Weapons Hardpoint got its contradictory FAQ instead of an errata...?

Just needed to add "single slot" after the "1"... That paired with the Jonus FAQ would have covered it beautifully.