SCUM

IN

uh.....

OUT

All Solo content (including Han Gunner)

All Starvipers

All Z-95s

Fang; Old Teroch

TIE MG; Foreman Proach & Seevor (Scum Tears)

Marauder Title

CIS

IN

Uh....

OUT

All Bellyrubs

Sith Infiltrator; Dark Courier

Palpatine 

Energy Shell Charges, Impervium Plating, Ensnare (JUST DIE ENSNARE NOBODY WANTS YOU AT THIS PARTY)

Souless One title

REPUBLIC

IN

Uh....

OUT

All V-19 Torrents

ARC-170; Sinker, 104th Battalion Pilot (Republic Tears)

Y-Wing; Goji

Delta-7; Anakin, Mace, Sausee (Republic Despair)

Astromechs; All except R4-P17 and R4-P Astromech (Republic Desolation)

Delta 7b Title (Republic Suicide)

Crew/Gunner; Palpatine, Ahsoka, Clone Cody, 7th fleet gunner

Synchronized Console

RESISTANCE

IN

All Fireballs

OUT

All Starfortresses

RZ-2 A-Wing; L'ulo

All Salvaged Falcons & title

T-70 X-Wing; Ello Asty (Beastie Boys are sad)

Transport; Logistics Pilot

Pod; Finn

Astromechs; All BBs except BB-8, M9-G8

Crew/Gunner; Han, Chewie, Finn, Rey, Paige, Rose, GA-97, C-3PO

FO

IN

All Baron TIES

OUT

TIE S/F; Quickdraw (FO Tears)

All Upsilons (that one dude who flew Tripsilon before nerf is probably spitefully happy right now)

All FO Crew (this will change when new shuttle comes out, surely)

Biohexacrypt Codes and Hyperspace Tracking Data

GENERIC UPGRADES

IN

Crew; Novice Technician

Missiles; Mag-Pulse

OUT

Cannons; HLC, Jamming Beam

Crew; Gonk (DEAR GOD NO, NOT GONK! what have you done FFG?), Seasoned Navigator

Bombs; Bomblet Generator, Connor Net, Proximity Mines, Ion Bombs 

Force; Hate, Precognitive Reflexes, Sense, Supernatural Reflexes

Gunner; Hotshot Gunner, Skilled Bombardier, Veteran Turret Gunner, 

Illicit; Feedback Array

Missiles; Barrage Rockets, Clusters, Homing, Diamond Boron, Proton Rockets

Torpedoes; Ion

Modifications; Afterburners, Electronic Baffle, Shield Upgrade, Stealth Device, Static Discharge Vanes, Tactical Scrambler,

Systems; Advanced Sensors, Collision Detector, Tragedy Simulator

Talents; Composure, Crack Shot, Elusive, Juke, Lone Wolf, Marksmanship, Predator, Swarm tactics, Trick Shot

Tech; Pattern Analyzer, Targeting Synchonizer

Turrets; Dorsal

There you go...  interesting choices to remove a lot of I6 pilots, precision talents, specific film waves, and encouraging swarm type of play (while removing many swarmy ships) 

Edited by Cloaker

29 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

I'm guessing Maul shows as in Hyperspace in the rebels doc because he's also in the Scum doc. 

Similar scenario for BT-1 and 0-0-0. Humorously, BT-1 has a blue Yes under hyperspace, but seems to have already been in hyperspace.

There's a few of those repeat blues, I tried to catch everything but that was a lot of typing

1 hour ago, feltipern1 said:

So, essentially, they gutted everything that was performing well in Hyperspace!

We have become too predictable. Looks like they are trying to get us to actually try out all the other toys they designed and realize more things are good than just the typical stapled-on "Meta" we have created. 

Posted (edited)

Jesus, I hadn't had chance to look at the Republic Hyperspace list yet, but they've been absolutely destroyed. 

It's because I literally today took delivery of Guardians of the Republic and a second N-1 after my friend got me an N-1 to start off the Republic faction as a Christmas present, isn't it FFG? Isn't it!? 

I owned the ships less than 6 hours and already I can't field a hyperspace legal list unless I overload Obi-Wan, Ric and Dinee with upgrades and even then I'm taking a huge bid. 

Actually kinda glad the place I ordered from didn't have the standalone Delta-7 in stock because clearly getting Anakin would have been pointless. 

... Nah, it's cool. I wouldn't be going down the store and insisting on hyperspace games until I'd had chance to mess around with them in casual games anyway. 

But for anyone who might want to be competitive with the Republic... Wow. 

I guess maybe Ahsoka might see some play now? Maybe? 

Though honestly it seems like Obi, Plo and Ric are going to be the only really viable pilots. The ARC seems to have lost too much in terms of crew for Odd Ball or Wolffe to really find a niche, still. 

And no, FFG, there's still no reason to take a Republic Y-Wing. 

I think Ric and Dinee losing the astromechs that came in the box with them seems especially harsh.

Edited by GuacCousteau

Hyperspace does certainly seem to have been pruned quite hard, and it will be a while before the full effects of that are felt.
From a purely personal (and admittedly spiteful) point of view, I was happy to see Delta-7b booted out, because I believe that card should never have been made - leaving the Jedi ship as the nimble support vessel it always struck me as rather than a 'can do everything and anything' fan-w%^& of a craft.

Um, so this looks like a steaming pile to me?

To be clear: thank you for compiling this list! It’s very illustrative.

I guess we’ll see if Hyperspace turns into a thing here. But, uh. Hm. Definitely missing out on some fun stuff, and even some stuff that I’d consider faction backbones. How exactly does it help to take both Torrents and the 7B upgrade from Republic, and the 104th pilot at the same time? Yet also a ton of Republic’s upgrades?! Like what is even left. Is it supposed to be BTL-B spam time?

(FYI @GuacCousteau I’ve got a set of those other Aethersprite pilots if you wanna check the trade thread)

Empire:

• Aces are gutted, because you now cannot field either Soontir nor Grand Inquisitor; who is left... Vader, "Duchess", "Mauler" and "Scourge" from the high initiative pilots;
  • Swarms are limited to a Swarm; that being Admiral Sloane Reaper with lots and lots of Academy Pilots; thankfully they dropped to 22 points;
  • I don't see what Empire might be flying; since they said, Hyperspace is to be new player friendly, I assume only second edition releases; so Tie Adv X1, Striker, Reaper, Fighter, Decimator only I think;

Rebels:

• Aces lost Wedge, but Fenn Rau is cheaper now; so technically they removed the autoinclude I6; still some solid I5 options, with the new Gina Moonsong joining the fray;
  • Beef is absolutely unchanged, with subtle points changes here and there; but every important ship remains available;
  • I don't know of any successful Rebel Swarms; so whatever really, generics are cheaper, cool;

So... I do not know, what I will be flying, as an Imperial Player so far. My two lists were Howlrunner Swarm and Vader, Duchess and Grand Inquisitor. I don't see suitable replacements for the V1 not do I own Reaper to substitute Howlrunner with Sloane crew. Just feeling sad.

Edit:

I had a second read through what is left. It seems FFG is trying to boost sales of Second Edition releases by encouraging Swarm Play...

Imperial Aces are dead, because there is no Soontir, no "Whisper", no Grand Inquisitor and Vader is loosing Afterburners.

Republic is utterly gutted, losing Torrents, you know... The ship you got two of in the big box. So go buy something new. Delta 7B was overpowered with the Jedi Aces. Luke is annoying to kill, 7Bs had Evade and double reposition on top of the Force. Just broken. Lots of cool pilots are gone. I guess... A two Jedi and a spam of ARCs is an option. Unless someone wants to fly Rep Y-Wjnga without Dorsal Turret.

Speaking of... Why Dorsal Turret and Veteran Turret Gunner? Like... What? Not only they are leaving a support turret as the only option, they are removing the possibility of double tap, from ships that absolutely need it.

Overall it seems like FFG went to bomb the popular lists, to force players into jumping the pony to something absolutely new. While I agree, the idea of shifting Meta in tournaments is good, I see here an attempt at forcing players who were playing certain factions to either expand their collection or go home. I don't understand, why some ships were completely removed. Like we're Torrents overperforming? Or removal of Ion Torpedoes, was anyone using them in the first place? It seems more like a... Random slap of things tbh.

EDIT 2:

Sloane is not HSP legal. So Empire lost the swarm completely.

Edited by Schanez

5 hours ago, CoffeeMinion said:

I guess we’ll see if Hyperspace turns into a thing here. But, uh. Hm. Definitely missing out on some fun stuff, and even some stuff that I’d consider faction backbones. How exactly does it help to take both Torrents and the 7B upgrade from Republic, and the 104th pilot at the same time? Yet also a ton of Republic’s upgrades?! Like what is even left. Is it supposed to be BTL-B spam time?

Because now Republic pilots have to look at other options instead of relying on the same old crutches. CLT Jedi are a lot better than most people think, and you can take a couple of them and some named pilots from the other ships and throw together a perfectly reasonable 4-ship list.

For example:

Obi-Wan + Foresight + CLT [56]
Plo Koon + Foresight + CLT [52]
Wolffe [50]
Broadside + Ion Cannon Turret [41]
= 199

Yeah it’s okay your faction was gutted. The nice thing is they all were.

It seems like they’re really using hyperspace to help players get over a bunch of dubious conventional wisdom.

Maybe mid-I swarms can be good? Maybe you don’t need QD to play FO? Maybe I6 isn’t everything? Maybe Imp swarms can work without Howl?

Lots of really good questions that the community previously wasn’t interested in are now forced to the forefront of the discussion.

tjwbj-1.jpg?fit=1062,500&ssl=1

I'm intrigued as to how the restrictions will pan out, but that's easy for me to say because I probably won't end up doing any events any time soon anyway.

I don't think this is going to help new players still, though. Imagine, for instance, a new player who just bought the Guardians of the Republic (or who still buys, because they won't know if they're new and it's on the shelf).

I always like to hear when people find a new strategy though, so I can't wait for that.

Edited by Jokubas

11 hours ago, feltipern1 said:

So, essentially, they gutted everything that was performing well in Hyperspace!

Vader is untouched (looses Afterburners, though).

The big winner might be First Order.

1 hour ago, ClassicalMoser said:

Yeah it’s okay your faction was gutted. The nice thing is they all were.

tjwbj-1.jpg?fit=1062,500&ssl=1

Rebels didn't suffer much, considering the archetypes people were flying. Wedge hurts a little, but that's one popular pilot from so many others. Empire and Republic lost their core ships.

While I encourage new strategies and shaking the meta, leaving one faction without anything solid to fly is somewhat strange. Strikers won't be much fun, because Proximity Mines are illegal. Even with the new Vagabond pilot. Duchess is still solid, but without Predator as an option... Tie Swarm lacks any form of dice rerolls. You just throw yourself at RNGesus and pray for the dice gods to smile fondly at you. You lose Initiative advantage, you lose numbers advantage, you lose mobility due to removal of Afterburners. Just ehhh...

3 hours ago, Schanez said:

that being Admiral Sloane Reaper with lots and lots of Academy Pilots

Sloane isn't legal either. I'm tempted to try MAXIMUM RUTHLESSNESS again since you can afford to try it with plenty of points to spare now.

I like them dropping Ensnare instead of hoofing the Nantex in the unmentionables, and frankly it can stay stuck in extended.

Without ensnare, it's still an interesting ship, especially with Gravetic Deflection - whether a bughouse swarm can stand up to 6-strong heavy swarms, we'll have to see.

Edited by Magnus Grendel

1 hour ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Sloane isn't legal either. I'm tempted to try MAXIMUM RUTHLESSNESS again since you can afford to try it with plenty of points to spare now.

I like them dropping Ensnare instead of hoofing the Nantex in the unmentionables, and frankly it can stay stuck in extended.

Without ensnare, it's still an interesting ship, especially with Gravetic Deflection - whether a bughouse swarm can stand up to 6-strong heavy swarms, we'll have to see.

I considered going RUTHLESS but losing Valen Rudor made me sad :(

1 hour ago, Magnus Grendel said:

Yeah, I noticed it later. Added in an edit. I am thinking they are setting up Imperials for the release of Defenders and will move those into Hyperspace legal area to buff sales. FirstOrder lost its only shuttle right before the new one comes out.

The only Imp swarm I can think of is just 8 Academy Pilots with Targeting Computers. Exactly 200 points.

EDIT:

Duchess - Ruthless + Targeting Computer

6xAcademy Pilot - Targeting Computer

Edited by Schanez

1 hour ago, Schanez said:

Yeah, I noticed it later. Added in an edit. I am thinking they are setting up Imperials for the release of Defenders and will move those into Hyperspace legal area to buff sales. FirstOrder lost its only shuttle right before the new one comes out.

The only Imp swarm I can think of is just 8 Academy Pilots with Targeting Computers. Exactly 200 points.

EDIT:

Duchess - Ruthless + Targeting Computer

6xAcademy Pilot - Targeting Computer

If you just want to spam TIEs, the First Order is better. The same 25 points for a TIE/ln instead gets you a TIE/fo with better dial and a shield.

They also gutted most Separatist lists. Sear swarm is dead, scavenger swarm lost its punch with the Energy Shell Charges, Nantex lost Ensare, which means that the named pilots are more or less dead ships...

It really feels like this hyperspace season is supposed to be Resistance vs First Order vs...generic beef swarms? I think the other thing that bothers me is that a large portion of what is legal is what is not yet out. So we can't even fly some of the ships we have access to, and we don't know when we'll be able to.