Cloaker

POINTS ARE UP

Posted (edited)
4 minutes ago, TasteTheRainbow said:

Corran is a popular pilot. Zero people took him to World’s. And they left him at the same points : /

I'm guessing they want to see how the generic E-Wings do in the meta to see if they play nice before letting Corran out of the corner.

Edited by Skitch_

8 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

Where's the errata/card ruling that changes the way Discharge Vanes works?

The RRG has been updated.  2nd to last page, in the errata:

Static Discharge Vanes
Should read: “Before you would gain 1 ion or jam token, if you are not
stressed, you may choose another ship at range 0–1 and gain 1 stress token.
If you do, the chosen ship gains that ion or jam token instead, then you suffer
1 [hit] damage.

3 minutes ago, CaptainJaguarShark said:

Q: Do abilities that reference upgrades of a specific type (such as Captain Jonus' pilot ability) affect upgrades with multiple types including that type?

A: Yes. For example, Captain Jonus' pilot ability can be used with a friendly ship's Barrage Rockets [󲁐󲁐], and Paige Tico [󲈦]'s ability can be used with Electro-Proton Bomb [󲁖󲁙]. Each of these upgrades has the qualifying type (󲁐 for Barrage Rockets and 󲁖 for Electro-Proton Bomb) in addition to its other type. Note that the Weapon Hardpoint ability does not behave this way, as it grants a special upgrade slot.

Because this one was obvious, but they still had to explain it 🤨

Literally did not know this was an issue until today.

Posted (edited)
1 minute ago, ForceSensitive said:

It was less of an issue for the ability referencing side of it, and more of an issue for the possible interpretation of the hardpoints. Hardpoints should have been worded in such a way that it's clear that it is exactly one slot, and then I don't think it would have been questioned. I'm glad they included both Qs and As for completeness.

Edited by CaptainJaguarShark

1 minute ago, ForceSensitive said:

It's been the subject of MUCH discussion.

6 minutes ago, xanderf said:

The RRG has been updated.  2nd to last page, in the errata:

Static Discharge Vanes
Should read: “Before you would gain 1 ion or jam token, if you are not
stressed, you may choose another ship at range 0–1 and gain 1 stress token.
If you do, the chosen ship gains that ion or jam token instead, then you suffer
1 [hit] damage.

Have they been doing this sort of text errata before? This is a pretty significant change to a card.

Dear god, some of these new breakpoints are going to be crazy. Five X-Wings for 15 red dice behind 30 health and 2 agility. 6 Grey Squadron Bombers with Dorsal Turrets (only 198 points, so one of those turrets can be an Ion!), for 48 (!!!) health behind 1 agility, with insane arc coverage. 

3 minutes ago, feltipern1 said:

It's been the subject of MUCH discussion.

For me, just in my area, never heard of it. It seems like a really try hard way to argue it to me is all.

Maybe it was my MTG background at work? A Red-Blue card is both red, and blue. A blue+blue cost card still has a blue cost. And a Fairy Unicorn is a Fairy, Unicorn, and a Fairy Unicorn. I kinda went with that base line of understanding. Turned out correct so... Yay?

2 minutes ago, Jokubas said:

Have they been doing this sort of text errata before? This is a pretty significant change to a card.

There's been errata but I don't think we've had anything that was this much of a change in 2.0 yet.

Closest might be Slave 1 not giving stress for changing your maneuver, but that's in the less restrictive direction. Composure was also updated in a way that changes how it can be used.

Posted (edited)
56 minutes ago, GuacCousteau said:

Wow. 

Hate, Sense, Precognitive Reflexes and Supernatural are no longer Hyperspace legal. I guess the only oneS people actually care about there are sense and hate. 

Jamming Beam also not legal. So it's now even more of a totally pointless upgrade. 

But the big one... 

Afterburners is not Hyperspace legal. 

See ya Vader...

Edit:

Oh, it gets worse. 

Adv Sensors, Trajectory Simulator, Collision Detector, Crack Shot, Predator, Trick Shot, Elusive (for some reason!?), Marksmanship.

All not legal. 

Stealth Device and Shield Upgrade not legal. So that double mod slot on the Interceptor is also even more pointless. 

Dude, GONK is out of hyperspace!

47 minutes ago, Cpt.Kirk006 said:

Captain sear not hyperspace legal. Sear’s swarm cries without him.

46 minutes ago, LeMightyASP said:

i imagine wat tambor will be replacing him in some of those lists

The entire Belbullab line of pilots was knocked off of hyperspace...

Edited by Vector Strike

Posted (edited)
20 minutes ago, PhantomFO said:

Dear god, some of these new breakpoints are going to be crazy. Five X-Wings for 15 red dice behind 30 health and 2 agility. 6 Grey Squadron Bombers with Dorsal Turrets (only 198 points, so one of those turrets can be an Ion!), for 48 (!!!) health behind 1 agility, with insane arc coverage. 

Pfff..

You can now field 8 Hyenas with 40hp, shared calculates and 16 red dice, behind 2 agility. (HS legal!)

Joust me!

Edited by Boreas Mun

3 minutes ago, Archangelspiv said:

I could be being a whiny *****, but anyone else extremely underwhelmed for HS tournaments now?

As an efficiency player but also one who is trying to cultivate and teach new players into the Houston scene, I confess I am kind of excited for it actually. 

Posted (edited)
2 minutes ago, Sithborg said:

I am fine with a limited format. But, some of the choices for the ships to be Hyperspace legal feels weird. Empire in particular feels screwed out of hyperspace. 

But 6 Planetary Sentinels with 4 seismic charges is gonna be HILARIOUSSSSSSSSS 

I'm gonna make sure there are games with only two obstacles left by end of round 3 just out of principle

Edited by Cloaker