Sign in to follow this  
Green Squadron 3

Prime Rebel MSU

Posted (edited)

I have Primes coming in this weekend and im a bit bored playing Sloane 2ship so i figured out something different... Cracken MSU how do you think its any good???

This list needs to be first...  H9's are a must to one shoot flotillas ;) 

Name: Cracken MSU
Faction: Rebel
Commander: General Cracken

Assault: Opening Salvo
Defense: Fire Lanes 
Navigation: Superior Positions 

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63)
• General Cracken (26)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
• H9 Turbolasers (8)
• Admonition (8)
= 114 Points

MC30c Torpedo Frigate (63)
• Ordnance Experts (4)
• Assault Proton Torpedoes (5)
• H9 Turbolasers (8)
• Foresight (8)
= 88 Points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
• Turbolaser Reroute Circuits (7)
= 51 Points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
= 51 Points

CR90 Corvette A (44)
= 51 Points

GR-75 Medium Transports (18)
• Slicer Tools (7)
• Quantum Storm (1)
= 26 Points

Squadrons:
= 0 Points

Total Points: 381

Edited by Green Squadron 3

On 1/24/2020 at 12:46 AM, player3691565 said:

Leia could be fun leading this group.

The problem with Leia is the +12 pts compared to Cracken, which is a lot. Mc30s love to have command tokens in my opinion, I usually make them have an engineering or nav token. The Cr90 doesn't need Leia because she has TRC and if you wanna change your speed with 2 you better save a nav token. But that's just my opinion, I'm open to your thoughts on Leia :)

Yes but one can do this with having a nav token at hand as well. These ships are very fragile. Even with Admo and Foresight. I play them nowadays with Scout Frigate + Ackbar + TRC + Title + Expert Shields Tech, and they can do tremendous ammounts of damage, but they go down very quickly if mispositioned. At these days MSU isn't as powerful as it once was. SSDs, Cymoons, Liberties can take H9 + Quad Turbolaser Cannons, which means they get 2 accuracy icons. In my group people love to run this combo. Strategic Adviser also exist. While I love the idea of Leia, I personally don't feel she is good in this list. I'd take Cracken, Mothma or Riekaan for some tankiness. And just for the option to change your speed by 2 she doesn't worth it in my opinion. 

On 1/23/2020 at 5:26 PM, Irate Pooka said:

Could be fun, but my question is: why not Rieekan if you're looking to take the whole thing? Cracken is fine, but I think you'll be handicapping yourself by not rolling with Rieekan since you've got the points anyway.

Second this more so once Remodi hits tourneys, he's a brutal counter to Cracken on top of being great in a most lists..

9 hours ago, EbonHawk said:

Second this more so once Remodi hits tourneys, he's a brutal counter to Cracken on top of being great in a most lists..

Fortunately Romodi doesn't work against Cracken. Nor against EWS. Only works if the target is obstructed by a ship or obstacle. 

1 hour ago, sasska said:

Fortunately Romodi doesn't work against Cracken. Nor against EWS. Only works if the target is obstructed by a ship or obstacle. 

Ooo was this a recent stipulation? Not working against EWS is certainly nice

3 hours ago, EbonHawk said:

Ooo was this a recent stipulation? Not working against EWS is certainly nice

No, they included it in the original posted text, I believe. I think we all just very quickly read it as "if obstructed, then extra red die," but as sasska said, Romodi specifies obstruction by ship or obstacle. That said, if a buffed ship is also obstructed by a ship or obstacle, Romodi comes in into effect.