AngryAlbatross

New Ships Spoiled from Asmodee

Posted (edited)
37 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

I'm hoping that the just release a TIE Bomber pilot that acts as a shuttle that has different upgrade slots than the other pilots, similar to how the Hyena has several radically different loadouts based on the pilot. No need for a config then. Just have a low initiative pilot with a crew slot instead of any ordinance.

Yeah, I kinda forget this is a viable (and probably much better) option in 2.0.

Thematically, skilled bombardiers are not going to be shuttle drivers*, so different pilots make sense.

Game-wise, they can be balanced as separate components.

*Unless they fly for Uber after hours. . .

Edited by Darth Meanie

Not sure if anybody has noticed, but the Laat pilot that is fully visible seems to have charges in its stats, but if you look closely the pilot ability text seems like lore texts that generics would get. Is it part of the ship ability? if so, what do you think it does?

21 minutes ago, 5050Saint said:

I'm hoping that the just release a TIE Bomber pilot that acts as a shuttle that has different upgrade slots than the other pilots, similar to how the Hyena has several radically different loadouts based on the pilot. No need for a config then. Just have a low initiative pilot with a crew slot instead of any ordinance.

I'm actually hoping for a separate release (even though I have 6 bombers) because it really doesn't look the same:

1000?cb=20190628222729

Posted (edited)
5 hours ago, AngryAlbatross said:

Image may contain: 1 person

Right most 5 of bottom spread: Contraband Cybernetics, ?, Deadman's Switch, Inertial Dampeners, and Rigged Cargo Chute. Looks like a new Illicit is coming out...

Better res on this spread: the ? looks to be "------ Shot".

swz69_xi-class-shuttle_overview_01.png

Edited by Hiemfire

LAAT says it can spend charge whenever friendly performs a non-turret-arc attack against enemy in LAAT's turret arc. If it does, attacker rerolls up to 2 dice. Not sure if charges are recurring. 

Gunship says it cannot spend locks to reroll attack dice but when it attacks, it can reroll as many dice as there are friendly locks on the defender.

Aayla Secura: When an enemy ship in your [bullseye] performs an attack, if the defender is friendly and at range 0-2, the defender may change a blank result to a [focus] result.

1 force recurring, focus linked to a purple coordinate. 

Seems fun, but I don't know how easy to point at bullseye this will be.

17 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

Right most 5 of bottom spread: Contraband Cybernetics, ?, Deadman's Switch, Inertial Dampeners, and Rigged Cargo Chute. Looks like a new Illicit is coming out...

Better res on this spread: the ? looks to be "------ Shot".

swz69_xi-class-shuttle_overview_01.png

Not a new illicit I don't think as it's in the other spreads too

7 minutes ago, Ryfterek said:

LAAT says it can spend charge whenever friendly performs a non-turret-arc attack against enemy in LAAT's turret arc. If it does, attacker rerolls up to 2 dice. Not sure if charges are recurring. 

Gunship says it cannot spend locks to reroll attack dice but when it attacks, it can reroll as many dice as there are friendly locks on the defender.

It is definitely a recurring charge.

39 minutes ago, Hiemfire said:

They'd better address if these count as Missile Upgrades a.s.a.p. Can't reload them if they don't. Scyks and T-70's can carry them if they do.

Walk me through this cause I'm teh dumb---two missile slots needed?

5 minutes ago, Cloaker said:

The rules don’t define a missile-missile upgrade as a specific type, and the Scyk & T-70 abilities only mention upgrade type, not slots.

Just now, Cloaker said:

T-70 and Scyk chassis ability: "Weapon Hardpoint: You can equip 1Upgrade cannon, Upgrade torpedoUpgrade missile or upgrade."

Reload rules first step: "Choose one of the ship’s equipped Upgrade torpedo, Upgrade missile, or Upgrade device upgrade cards that has fewer active Icon charge than its charge limit."

Neither Weapon Hardpoint or Reload reference slots.

2 minutes ago, Innese said:

The rules don’t define a missile-missile upgrade as a specific type, and the Scyk & T-70 abilities only mention upgrade type, not slots.

Hm, so Diamond Boron and Brockets were errated, I guess I missed that 😜