Andreievitch

This is the worse possible news for the game :(

13 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

I would love to see Old republic era book.

Unlikely until such time when/if actual (here comes that word again) canon Old Republic material is made.

Before we see Old Republic, if the whispers are true, we’re more likely to see the recently-mentioned “High Republic” period.

1 minute ago, Nytwyng said:

Unlikely until such time when/if actual (here comes that word again) canon Old Republic material is made.

Before we see Old Republic, if the whispers are true, we’re more likely to see the recently-mentioned “High Republic” period.

I wonder if bot KotoR and SWTOR are canon, after all it has a Disney label on it. Anybody any info about this?

18 minutes ago, DarthDude said:

Disney can have what canon they like. My Star Wars canon is what I decide and yours is what you decide.

Again, that is not what the word canon means.  You may want to add head before canon to express you in better way. 

I mean, obviously my table will have a different canon than yours.. So whatever, semantics are not really worth arguing anyway. They are only worth to clarify to understand each other better. 😉 

Edited by SEApocalypse

SWTOR is Legends, and will forever be. As previously mentioned, it's profitable and basically pays for a lot of BioWare operations and recoup for Disney for the license, so they keep it going. The story group advisers care little about what happens in it, since it will never be canon. Hence why they had weird robot AI planets, giant space serpent gods, and turning major characters into weird "Grey Jedi" and "Grey Sith" or whatever.

Edited by StarkJunior

1 hour ago, DarthDude said:

I wonder if bot KotoR and SWTOR are canon, after all it has a Disney label on it. Anybody any info about this?

Being that KotOR was released long before the Disney acquisition, I’ve never seen it with “a Disney label on it,” and both games in the series came and went before the Legends designation, so they’re most decidedly Legends. SWTOR, being a continuing property...sure, it may have a Disney label now, but has its roots firmly in what is now Legends. It continues to operate because, say what one will about Disney, they’re not stupid. MMOs may not be the cash cows they once were, but it’s doing well enough to make a tidy profit.

Elements from these games (particularly the first two) may have been namechecked in the current canon, but, as with Thrawn, that doesn’t mean events involving them played out the same way.

28 minutes ago, StarkJunior said:

SWTOR is Legends, and will forever be. As previously mentioned, it's profitable and basically pays for a lot of BioWare operations and recoup for Disney for the license, so they keep it going. The story group advisers care little about what happens in it, since it will never be canon. Hence why they had weird robot AI planets, giant space serpent gods, and turning major characters into weird "Grey Jedi" and "Grey Sith" or whatever.

And with all of that, it is largely adored by those that are aware of it. I lost interest with the Eternal Empire part, but the opening setting of TOR is better than that of any of the films IMO.

To the original topic of the thread:

FFG officially announced the end of Star Wars: Destiny and more expansions for X-Wing this week, and are also pushing Legion. They appear to be keeping the license for the time-being and are simply evaluating which products make the most sense for them as a company. In light of the announcement about Destiny, this may be a "no news is good news" scenario. It aint over until Sy Snootles sings!

With that said, the line is fairly comprehensive and I'm not really sure what new books, aside from detailing the sequel era, would both make sense to produce and have enough meaningful source material to work from. There is some usable and interesting areas left to work with, but is it enough and will it sell? 

We already have:

Rise of the Separatists = Attack of the Clones and The Clone Wars

Fall of the Republic = Revenge of the Sith

Dawn of Rebellion = Rebels and Rogue One

Allies & Adversaries = Rogue One + Original Trilogy.

The Three Lines = Imperial Era + Galactic Civil War

Open Ground:

The Old Republic = Phantom Menace (and a little earlier) with Qui-Gon, etc?

Empires End = The first decade after the galactic civil war? Not super well developed....

Scum & Villainy = detail Crimson Dawn, Black Sun, the Pyke Syndicate, etc? 

Tales of.... style books that provide detailed characters, locations, and modular adventure seeds?

For instance, "Tales From Jabba's Palace" that details Jabba, his entourage, palace, sail-barge, operations, etc. 

Etc.

Edited by Vondy

9 minutes ago, Vondy said:

To the original topic of the thread:

FFG officially announced the end of Star Wars: Destiny and more expansions for X-Wing this week, and are also pushing Legion. They appear to be keeping the license for the time-being and are simply evaluating which products make the most sense for them as a company. In light of the announcement about Destiny, this may be a "no news is good news" scenario. It aint over until Sy Snootles sings!

With that said, the line is fairly comprehensive and I'm not really sure what new books, aside from detailing the sequel era, would both make sense to produce and have enough meaningful source material to work from. There is some usable and interesting areas left to work with, but is it enough and will it sell? 

We already have:

Rise of the Separatists = Attack of the Clones and The Clone Wars

Fall of the Republic = Revenge of the Sith

Dawn of Rebellion = Rebels and Rogue One

Allies & Adversaries = Rogue One + Original Trilogy.

The Three Lines = Imperial Era + Galactic Civil War

Open Ground:

The Old Republic = Phantom Menace (and a little earlier) with Qui-Gon, etc?

Empires End = The first decade after the galactic civil war? Not super well developed....

Scum & Villainy = detail Crimson Dawn, Black Sun, the Pyke Syndicate, etc? 

Tales of.... style books that provide detailed characters, locations, and modular adventure seeds?

For instance, "Tales From Jabba's Palace" that details Jabba, his entourage, palace, sail-barge, operations, etc. 

Etc.

What you have as the Old Republic would be the Golden age of the Republic. The Old republic would be about 2000 years before Yavin. And is apparently not Open as there are Old Republic Movie in Production Rumors. 

1 minute ago, Daeglan said:

What you have as the Old Republic would be the Golden age of the Republic. The Old republic would be about 2000 years before Yavin. And is apparently not Open as there are Old Republic Movie in Production Rumors. 

Those rumors are slowly shifting to reference the “High Republic,” a term used in Dooku: Jedi Lost and The Rise of Kylo Ren #2. It’s a period roughly 400-500(ish) years before the existing movies.

39 minutes ago, Daeglan said:

That's not a period I've ever been interested in, but on an aesthetic level, its all much the same.

It's too bad that FFG never gave us PC species rules for Gamorreans, Defels, and Barabels (all are shown as NPC adversaries in the EotE Core) nor ship stats on the Executor-class Star Destroyer (hey, they gave us stats for the Death Star, so pretty much nothing is beyond the scale). I'd also have liked stats on the Rebel Assault Frigate (an early Armada release). Perhaps those last two will show up in the last announced book.

1 hour ago, HappyDaze said:

It's too bad that FFG never gave us PC species rules for Gamorreans, Defels, and Barabels (all are shown as NPC adversaries in the EotE Core) nor ship stats on the Executor-class Star Destroyer (hey, they gave us stats for the Death Star, so pretty much nothing is beyond the scale). I'd also have liked stats on the Rebel Assault Frigate (an early Armada release). Perhaps those last two will show up in the last announced book.

I am not sure if we really need more super star destroyers stats in the system.  Those mechanics for critical hits on super-structures could really need some fine tuning. Basically separating ships into multiple sections which can destroyed separately would make most sense I guess. After we have better rules, we certainly could introduce again more super star destroyer and update the stats for all mega ships like super star destroyers and death stars. 

Edited by SEApocalypse